Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Bob Sandlin

Posted By: JP924

Lake Bob Sandlin - 04/30/22 12:32 PM

Just came back from a 4 day fishing trip on Lake Bob Sandlin. Had tons of fun fishing a lake I hadn't been to in years. A little tricky running the main lake not knowing for sure where the danger was. Main lake points and deep water coves early and late seemed to be the best. They weren't picky on the bait types. Mostly small fish but finished the last day with a 3lb 13oz. Broke off even larger just before that one.
Posted By: woolybugger1

Re: Lake Bob Sandlin - 04/30/22 09:43 PM

Any suggestions on running the lake? I think I'm gonna put in on the South 21 Ramp? This is my 1st time to this lake. Thank you for any help!
Posted By: LittleGazoo

Re: Lake Bob Sandlin - 04/30/22 09:58 PM

Guidelanes for Palestine, Tawakoni, Bob Sandlin & Martin Creek.

http://www.lakepalestinefishingguide.com
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Lake Bob Sandlin - 04/30/22 10:06 PM

As long as you stay in the middle, you can run from 21 to the RR bridge (very wide path). Once past the RR bridge, there is little to worry about. Running from 21 to the southwest is a little trickier, but there is still a wide path that runs all the way to the 1519 bridge. There's a map that has been posted a number of times. I'll see if I can find it.
Posted By: woolybugger1

Re: Lake Bob Sandlin - 04/30/22 10:42 PM

Thanks for the help yall..
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Lake Bob Sandlin - 05/01/22 12:49 PM

I had planned on going to Sandlin yesterday, but my yellow lab had a stroke or a heart attack Friday evening, so I had to go have her put down. I delt with that for most of the day, she'd been with us about 12 years. After that I'm just not able to wrap my mind around fishing for a while but I'll be back. I just need some time.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Lake Bob Sandlin - 05/01/22 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
I had planned on going to Sandlin yesterday, but my yellow lab had a stroke or a heart attack Friday evening, so I had to go have her put down. I delt with that for most of the day, she'd been with us about 12 years. After that I'm just not able to wrap my mind around fishing for a while but I'll be back. I just need some time.

Very sorry to hear about your dog.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Lake Bob Sandlin - 05/02/22 12:21 AM

Thanks
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Lake Bob Sandlin - 05/02/22 01:56 AM

Likewise on your puppy dog. That is never fun. Time will heal amigo
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lake Bob Sandlin - 05/02/22 04:11 AM

Here's the thread for the 21 to RR map. Make sure you don't cut that turn going southwest because there's a stump field dead-center. I have only run this far, never even knew there was another bridge down there, JP... Next trip I know what I am going to explore!

https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/12685682/Where_can_you_run_on_Bob_Sandl
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Lake Bob Sandlin - 05/02/22 08:42 PM

I cut south right when I go under the 21 Bridge before heading west and slightly north towards the west point of the Cypress Arm. There are a couple of submerged trees out from the west side of the bridge towards the center. The water was low when I found them, but I like to play it safe.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake Bob Sandlin - 05/02/22 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
I cut south right when I go under the 21 Bridge before heading west and slightly north towards the west point of the Cypress Arm. There are a couple of submerged trees out from the west side of the bridge towards the center. The water was low when I found them, but I like to play it safe.

I have always went southward and ran the face of the docks to right before the point of the cypress arm and then cut to the lane in the middle of the lake.

I was shown this route by a very good local down there when the lake was 6+ feet low. I do not know the other way.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum