Texas Fishing Forum

Visiting from Canada and looking for a fishing buddy!

Posted By: austin_11

Visiting from Canada and looking for a fishing buddy! - 04/23/22 05:15 PM

Hi Everyone! I am from Saskatchewan, Canada and I’m currently in Shallowater visiting family. Our flights home were canceled yesterday due to a severe winter storm so we are stuck in Texas until the 28th. I am a huge bass fishing enthusiast and we actually have a small bass lake back home but it’s been a goal of mine to fish Texas at some point in my life. My girlfriends family has said that Shallowater is very close to Lake Alan Henry and once I started to do some further research I couldn’t help but get super excited to try it out. I’m wondering if there is anyone in the area that would like to show a Canadian boy how to bass fish in Texas? I was going to head over to Cabelas or Academy to pick up a rod and reel and some lures if someone would be willing to take me out. I look forward to hopefully hearing from someone! Cheers!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Looking for a fishing buddy! - 04/23/22 06:22 PM

Make sure you purchase a fishing license if you plan on fishing any of our public waters in Texas.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Looking for a fishing buddy! - 04/23/22 10:05 PM

Biggest freshwater fish I ever caught (three species actually), came from the far north of sack-sack-chew-on, or whatever it’s called. I caught a few Pike over 52”, a GIANT lake trout, and a 19” Grayling. Fun week.

If I was closer, I’d take you and show you some fun bass fishing. But I’m a long ways from you. Texas is big.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Looking for a fishing buddy! - 04/23/22 10:46 PM

How much fishing experience do you have Austin? Someone take Austin fishing.

Re: Looking for a fishing buddy! - 04/24/22 02:01 AM

I’ve fished my whole life, bass fishing is by far my favourite but we only have one small bass lake back home. Definitely want to get out and try some Texas fishing if I can 👍

Re: Looking for a fishing buddy! - 04/24/22 02:07 AM

SteezMacQueen if you are ever back up in Saskatchewan you’ll have to hit me up. We have endless pile and walleye fishing in our backyard. It’s common to go out and catch 20+ pound pike and huge walleye. I just got back from a lake trout fishing trip way up north in Sask and we caught a couple over 45”. Unreal experience!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Looking for a fishing buddy! - 04/24/22 02:12 AM

thumb
Posted By: 361V

Re: Looking for a fishing buddy! - 04/24/22 07:50 AM

Shallowater Texas? The reason it’s called “Shallowater” is because there is not any water up there around Lubbock! Actually if nobody offers you might try one of the fishing guides on Lake Allen Henry a little over an hour away from you.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Looking for a fishing buddy! - 04/25/22 06:18 PM

If you were in DFW area I would be happy to take you to a few spots to try out.

Youre out there a ways bud. Good luck!
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Looking for a fishing buddy! - 04/26/22 03:03 AM

Had a great time at Lac la Ronge, in northern Saskatchewan in 1965, as a kid with my family. My dad had friends there that showed us a great time and later came to Texas to vacation. Beautiful area and great fishing. Stopped off in Regina and visited the Royal Saskatchewan Museum of Natural History. If you were closer I'd take you fishing in a heart beat. cheers
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Looking for a fishing buddy! - 04/26/22 07:41 PM

I went to school in Lubbock and don't even remember any ponds to go to. Most of the water up there dries up shortly after a rainstorm. Good luck in your search.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum