Texas Fishing Forum

New to Fork area

Posted By: Tree_Fish

New to Fork area - 04/22/22 05:54 PM

Recently moved to the quitman area, I’ve got a small flat bottom boat and am looking for some advice on areas to put in and fish that are protected from the wind. I read here that cypress springs was good to get out of the wind if it’s blowing from the north/south. Any other areas around the area good to get out of the wind? Been here a month and haven’t been able to fish, been driving me nuts. Wish I hadn’t sold the bigger boat last year, would also be awesome if anyones got a back seat open, I’d gladly pitch in for gas. Tia
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: New to Fork area - 04/22/22 07:08 PM

Try Coffee Creek at the East End. Try the campground in Little Caney. Try the ramp in Boardtree. Chaney Campground by Chaney branch would be good for you too. All will need water and really aren't good until the lake fills up.

Go to Popes Landing in Big Mustang. Mustang Resort in Little Mustang, and Williams Creek ramp in Williams Creek. They are OK to launch.

If you happen to be off on Thursday daytime our club is looking for back seaters.
Posted By: Tree_Fish

Re: New to Fork area - 04/23/22 01:00 AM

Thank you sir for the recommendations. I’d love to fish a club tourney with a draw format just don’t know how many Thursday’s I could make.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: New to Fork area - 04/23/22 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce Allen
Try Coffee Creek at the East End. Try the campground in Little Caney. Try the ramp in Boardtree. Chaney Campground by Chaney branch would be good for you too. All will need water and really aren't good until the lake fills up.

Go to Popes Landing in Big Mustang. Mustang Resort in Little Mustang, and Williams Creek ramp in Williams Creek. They are OK to launch.

If you happen to be off on Thursday daytime our club is looking for back seaters.
I just left that situation fishing out of a 14 foot jon boat and fished Fork regularly. These were my favorite haunts in that jon boat. I just stepped up to a Skeeter ZX200.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: New to Fork area - 04/23/22 02:22 AM

secret haven rv resort....down south...
Posted By: Trenton97

Re: New to Fork area - 04/23/22 02:02 PM

Hideaway in back of Little Caney and Chaney ramps are open and fine to launch. I was there last week. Chaney is very sheltered in the back. Barefoot Bay on Sandlin is good and protected, as well.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: New to Fork area - 04/23/22 04:49 PM

Williams creek is hi and dry till the lake gets 3-4' of water
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: New to Fork area - 04/24/22 12:24 AM

On Fork Chaney creek near the dam is well protected and last time I checked the ramp was still open. It is $4.00 for the ramp fee.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum