Texas Fishing Forum

Bladebaits

Posted By: kirbydog

Bladebaits - 04/15/22 04:59 PM

I like throwing bladebaits-especially during the colder months. Anybody do good on stripers with these
lures. Was at PK late in the year and could not keep the whites off my lure but not a single striper or hybrid.

Wondering if anybody else throws these.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Bladebaits - 04/16/22 06:08 PM

I never(very rare) catch sandies on a spinnerbait while targeting blacks but a week ago I caught more sand bass than blacks throwing a white/chartreuse Jackhammer shallow on Hubbard Creek. If I’m in an area w/both species up in the water column(or shallow) I usually catch both on a shad colored squarebill. No stripers on Hubbard Creek but I imagine IF you were where they were they would hit it. A bladed jig would not be my lure of choice if targeting stripers but pretty sure they would be all over it.
Posted By: mossyback75

Re: Bladebaits - 04/17/22 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by 361V
I never(very rare) catch sandies on a spinnerbait while targeting blacks but a week ago I caught more sand bass than blacks throwing a white/chartreuse Jackhammer shallow on Hubbard Creek. If I’m in an area w/both species up in the water column(or shallow) I usually catch both on a shad colored squarebill. No stripers on Hubbard Creek but I imagine IF you were where they were they would hit it. A bladed jig would not be my lure of choice if targeting stripers but pretty sure they would be all over it.

Think he is talking blade baits not bladed jigs.

I recently bought some Cabelas series bladebaits for deep winter fishing and deep docs. Sstill have yet to use them.
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Bladebaits - 04/17/22 01:42 AM

If we're talking blade baits, I've had some good success with them when I used to live near Hubbard on the white bass schooling in the summer. We would end up hooking a hybrid every couple of trips as well. Same thing with schooling LMB. Sometimes I have been able to see them come up schooling, not get within casting distance in time and then troll over where the school went down and vertical jig them on down scan. Most of the time that doesn't work, but I guess some days they don't mind the boat being on top of them.
Posted By: JD 8850

Re: Bladebaits - 04/17/22 03:22 AM

I have caught LMB, white bass, stripers, and hybrids on 10,000 fish death stalker blade baits and Cabela's blade baits. The death stalker has a small willow leaf blade on the back so it gives more flash and I catch more on those than the Cabela's. I have also caught stripers and hybrids as well as LMB on bladed jigs, but no white bass so far.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum