Aquilla lake

Posted By: Redwatermelon

Aquilla lake - 04/15/22 02:04 PM

Been wanting to go fish Aquilla Lake, but kinda worried about getting
My catalytic converters stolen. Has there been any issues with
that going on lately?
Posted By: boyd1002

Re: Aquilla lake - 04/15/22 02:44 PM

I definitely believe it happens, but me or my family have fished the lake (almost weekly) for 25 years and have never had it happen. Fishing has been tough though
Posted By: Mark Wendler

Re: Aquilla lake - 04/15/22 02:48 PM

Was out there last weekend and launched at Dairy Hill. No issues other than someone checked to make sure my bed cover was locked. That sure was nice of them to check, but they could have put the latch cover back down.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Aquilla lake - 04/15/22 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Wendler
Was out there last weekend and launched at Dairy Hill. No issues other than someone checked to make sure my bed cover was locked. That sure was nice of them to check, but they could have put the latch cover back down.

Dang Raccoons! roflmao

I’ve been a few times and have never had an issue. But, I wasn’t exactly aware I was supposed to expect one.

Thieves are everywhere. Just gotta be proactive.
Posted By: harvey walker

Re: Aquilla lake - 04/16/22 12:48 PM

How was the fishing?
Posted By: Tin Star Cajun

Re: Aquilla lake - 04/16/22 12:59 PM

We went there a few months back in my buddy’s 2 week old Chevy. Got back and found his cats cut off. I remember while trolling early morning right after launching hearing loud music coming from the ramp area but thinking it’s probably some homeowner. Thinking now, it was more likely the meth heads using the music to hide the sawzall cutting. Haven’t been back yet til we can hide someone in the trees for a while.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Aquilla lake - 04/16/22 08:01 PM

Have any of these thefts been reported to the Hill co. game wardens to do a little more patrolling, their office is literally on that lake.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Aquilla lake - 04/18/22 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by harvey walker
How was the fishing?

that lake sucks except for one spot for one month in the spring time
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum