Texas Fishing Forum

welsh

Posted By: bowhuntr77

welsh - 04/14/22 01:19 PM

has the grass came back from last years die off?
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: welsh - 04/15/22 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by bowhuntr77

We have a trip there next weekend. We would like to know this, also.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: welsh - 04/15/22 12:30 AM

Is it still 6 feet low?
Posted By: Dubee

Re: welsh - 04/15/22 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by bowhuntr77

Last time I was there was February. Plenty of grass. Caught them punching all day
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: welsh - 04/15/22 01:48 PM

It shouldn't have much grass in it because several on here said that they saw it being sprayed and one guy admitted to spraying it in July and said he was scheduled to spray a second time there, so it was confirmed on here by several that the grass was sprayed, therefore it was not the heat that killed the grass. Lakes don't recover quickly after being sprayed.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: welsh - 04/15/22 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by ezbassin
It shouldn't have much grass in it because several on here said that they saw it being sprayed and one guy admitted to spraying it in July and said he was scheduled to spray a second time there, so it was confirmed on here by several that the grass was sprayed, therefore it was not the heat that killed the grass. Lakes don't recover quickly after being sprayed.

There is plenty of green healthy grass

Re: welsh - 04/15/22 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Dubee

There is plenty of green healthy grass

How can that be??? Several on here were adamant about the lake being sprayed, said they even saw it being sprayed. Frank the Tank confirmed it. I have never seen a lake recover that quickly after being sprayed, if it was truly sprayed.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: welsh - 04/15/22 01:59 PM

How many times did it get sprayed? Wow - Welsh got sprayed. SMH
Posted By: David Burton

Re: welsh - 04/15/22 02:04 PM

And exactly where and what got sprayed? We know they target grass species and specific areas. That lake was so thick it'd take almost a bomb to kill off all the grass.

Re: welsh - 04/15/22 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

Thats what you and several others said. I disagreed,, and got slammed.
Posted By: rkd

Re: welsh - 04/15/22 02:54 PM

Fished in end of February and it was absolutely loaded with grass. From North end to midlake...every pocket had grass and it was thick. 99% of it was very green and not the brown that would indicate some kind of spraying. IF it died off, it had to have happened in the last 2 1/2 months.

Re: welsh - 04/15/22 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

Thats what you and several others said. I disagreed,, and got slammed.

Wrong as usual. It’s whatever man. Hope Welsh is in great shape and the fishing is great.

Re: welsh - 04/15/22 05:29 PM

Frank, I am never wrong...LOL roflmao
Posted By: 361V

Re: welsh - 04/16/22 11:57 AM

Can tell when the older crowd is arguing again. No one can even remember what they actually said a few months ago! 🤪 https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/14183814/1

Re: welsh - 04/16/22 12:43 PM

Get off my lawn!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum