Texas Fishing Forum

Garmin Livescope issue

Posted By: Ranger Guy

Garmin Livescope issue - 04/10/22 12:50 AM

So I took my Ranger boat to a dealership for some service. The dealership suggested I take my graphs with me to prevent the possibility of theft. I simply unhooked the network cable and the power cable from my livescope. Livescope work just fine before I removed. Got the boat back and hooked livescope back up on the boat. On the water today, the livescope would power up but a message popped up saying " source not found check network".

Any one seen this message before and what did you do to fix?
Posted By: Rube G.

Re: Garmin Livescope issue - 04/10/22 01:17 AM

It's not seeing the transducer.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Garmin Livescope issue - 04/10/22 02:17 AM

It's not seeing the black box. The livescope has a black box that does all the heavy lifting. Make sure the box it's still there..
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: Garmin Livescope issue - 04/10/22 02:27 AM

As said, make sure black box is still there. If so, then check to see if getting power to it. May be a blown fuse
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Garmin Livescope issue - 04/10/22 02:43 AM

If your units are identical, switch them around. It’ll show that message if you have them bassackwards.
Posted By: P_102

Re: Garmin Livescope issue - 04/10/22 12:10 PM

I get it at times, Turn off and back on usually fixes it.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Garmin Livescope issue - 04/10/22 01:56 PM

Disconnect the plugs, clean them with light compressed air…BE CAREFUL, the pin on the plug are easy to bend. Make sure they seat fully when reconnecting. It’s usually a small amount of corrosion causing an open circuit that causes the transducer to not be read by the graph.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum