Texas Fishing Forum

Whitney First Timer

Posted By: Hook'em79

Whitney First Timer - 04/06/22 02:01 PM

Going to try my luck at what I hear is one of the prettiest lakes in Texas.

Any help would be much appreciated as I have never been on the lake before and don't have much experience fishing clear deep lakes like this if what I am hearing is true.

Thanks
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Whitney First Timer - 04/06/22 02:57 PM

I fished the south end of the lake Saturday afternoon. Caught a bunch of small males shallow in the back of creeks. Saw quite a few beds with only small males on them. Saw one 4 pound fish flee a bed and never came back. I'm assuming the spawn is about over and would fish it accordingly. Water was super clear and temps were 63 - 66.
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: Whitney First Timer - 04/07/22 02:50 AM

Appreciate the information sir!
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Whitney First Timer - 04/07/22 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
I fished the south end of the lake Saturday afternoon. Caught a bunch of small males shallow in the back of creeks. Saw quite a few beds with only small males on them. Saw one 4 pound fish flee a bed and never came back. I'm assuming the spawn is about over and would fish it accordingly. Water was super clear and temps were 63 - 66.

it just started for most of the lake
Posted By: Texan Til I Die

Re: Whitney First Timer - 04/07/22 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Phoenix 920 Pro xp
Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die

it just started for most of the lake

My first trip there this year. Must have hit the start instead of the finish. Sounds like I need to go back next weekend during the full moon.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum