Texas Fishing Forum

West Texas is Dry

Posted By: ford1213

West Texas is Dry - 04/01/22 02:42 AM

Yesterday I was pulling four pounders out of the Blanco River and today I'm sitting in Midland. It was $100 to fill my tank on the way back. I go to the river and some lakes out that way and do pretty well, but the cost is outrageous now. I know I can't be the only one feeling cut off from the fish by gas prices, so I want to find someone who wants to go that way and split gas. If you murder me, at least I don't have to pay taxes this year. it's a win win.
Posted By: otay michael

Re: West Texas is Dry - 04/01/22 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by ford1213
Yesterday I was pulling four pounders out of the Blanco River and today I'm sitting in Midland. It was $100 to fill my tank on the way back. I go to the river and some lakes out that way and do pretty well, but the cost is outrageous now. I know I can't be the only one feeling cut off from the fish by gas prices, so I want to find someone who wants to go that way and split gas. If you murder me, at least I don't have to pay taxes this year. it's a win win.

roflmao

Re: West Texas is Dry - 04/01/22 05:04 AM

I feel your pain. I skipped my favorite lake yesteday, an hour away, and went for one closer fishing 1/2 as good. Blessed I did well anyway. PLUS my favorite Mex. restaurant just upped the carne asada burriitos price by TWO DOLLARS!

Re: West Texas is Dry - 04/01/22 05:05 AM

PPS We've had the driest past 3 months in over 100 years (San Diego). I don't go with that global warming bs, it's cyclical, but that figures your western lakes are hard hit too. Praying for rain, yours and ours.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: West Texas is Dry - 04/01/22 09:38 AM

Got a 1/2" of rain Tuesday night, the most we've had in almost 6 months. Next afternoon the dust was blowing.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: West Texas is Dry - 04/01/22 12:39 PM

It's setting up to be a dry one for the whole state looks like. These North, Northeast, and DFW lakes that are a few feet low right now will be 6-10ft low in the blink of an eye. We have many millions more people using this water than we did during the last drought. It will do these lakes some good as far as bass fishing goes though.
Posted By: skeeterboud

Re: West Texas is Dry - 04/01/22 05:31 PM

so is s. tx. we lost everything to fire over the wknd. camphouse/water well/well shed/cleaning station/meter pole/panels/deerblinds/water tanks/tool shed/pole barn/etc. going to be expensive. this was my property. And there is 45-60 thousand acres burned/burning down the road presently
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: West Texas is Dry - 04/01/22 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by skeeterboud
so is s. tx. we lost everything to fire over the wknd. camphouse/water well/well shed/cleaning station/meter pole/panels/deerblinds/water tanks/tool shed/pole barn/etc. going to be expensive. this was my property. And there is 45-60 thousand acres burned/burning down the road presently

Sorry for your loss. Hope you had insurance
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum