Texas Fishing Forum

Incident at Tawakoni last weekend

Posted By: Douglas J

Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/24/22 05:50 PM

I had a friend captaining his son and partner at Tawakoni last weekend in the high school tourney and he told me they witnessed a boat in their tournament get shot at by a person on the shore. Same boat almost ran them over running with no lights earlier that morning.

There are some real crazy people out there.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/24/22 06:20 PM

Lovely
Posted By: Ben B

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/24/22 07:29 PM

slinger
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/24/22 08:36 PM

Get off my dock!
Posted By: McLovin’

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/24/22 09:04 PM

Did they call the police?
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/24/22 09:47 PM

They take their Meth very seriously over there
Posted By: buda13

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/24/22 10:39 PM

My favorite was the boat spot locked on the hammer hole for 3 hours with one kid sitting down on his phone, the other standing up with his rod under his arm no bait in the water on his phone, boat captain sleeping in the drivers seat. roflmao

Seriously though, last 2 weekends fishing during THSBA tournaments was not bad at all… 99% very respectful courteous anglers.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/24/22 11:07 PM

You'd think there would be a police report with accompanying media coverage if someone is shooting at kids in a bass boat.
Posted By: Bass.slayer

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/24/22 11:48 PM

What part of the lake?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/24/22 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

At T-wok? Get outta here. Not at T-wok!

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/25/22 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Bass.slayer
What part of the lake?

Ash, some rando guy pulled over and took some shots at a boat or int the direction of the boat, my friend was across the cove. He saw and heard it and the boat capt yelled, "why are you shooting at us", then a Ta'whack'oni resident called the sheriffs dept and they responded quickly, but rando guy was gone.

weird all the way around
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/25/22 03:28 AM

What part of the lake?

Ash, some rando guy pulled over and took some shots at a boat or int the direction of the boat, my friend was across the cove. He saw and heard it and the boat capt yelled, "why are you shooting at us", then a Ta'whack'oni resident called the sheriffs dept and they responded quickly, but rando guy was gone.

weird all the way around

thats crazy but not to surprising those meth heads in that area are crazy AF
Posted By: Royram

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/25/22 07:27 PM

Of course people have to throw out drug references. Your ignorance is just sad. I've lived around T-wok my whole life and I never saw drugs until I moved to the mid cities area of DFW. As far as the Boat sitting in one spot blocking everyone for hours... I ran into the same thing Saturday. Rockwall boat refused to yield after changing direction when we were heading in he then put power poles down. He was less than polite.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/25/22 08:25 PM

Through the years I have had almost no issues at any THSBA tournaments. The few I have had have all been with adult teams fishing a tournament on the same lake, but Saturday morning that all changed. We had 1 boat almost run over us, one boat troll in circles around us, and two other boats slam their lower units into a shallow spot on the point we were going to fish after passing within 20ft from us. All while we were power poled down. We were on a point heading into a major creek. Nobody should have ever been that close to us. The cove is literally over a mile wide at where we were. It's amazing to me that people just get out on a lake without any knowledge or research into where they can run and where they cant. It's a miracle those idiots didn't kill themselves or worse a kid this weekend.

On a positive note Tawakoni is fishing amazing right now. Maybe as good as any lake in the state. That lake has some really nice fish in it. I personally hate to see the new development coming in on the lake. Those old docks on that lake are like a redneck southern engineering museum. The only down side to Tawakoni is finding a place to stay. Other than that, it's a fun place to fish.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/25/22 09:01 PM

What part of the lake?

weird all the way around

Sounds like a visitor from Fork.

Stay off my fish Doug!
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/25/22 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Royram
Of course people have to throw out drug references. Your ignorance is just sad. I've lived around T-wok my whole life and I never saw drugs until I moved to the mid cities area of DFW. As far as the Boat sitting in one spot blocking everyone for hours... I ran into the same thing Saturday. Rockwall boat refused to yield after changing direction when we were heading in he then put power poles down. He was less than polite.

A little sensitive there Buttercup? I would suggest you get your head out of the sand, it's no secret Meth as been running around Twok for over 25+ years.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/25/22 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ranger1

A little sensitive there Buttercup? I would suggest you get your head out of the sand, it's no secret Meth as been running around Twok for over 25+ years.

That’s No lie! It was known as the meth capital of texas for a while. Anyone who says they didn’t see drugs around TWok is as blind as Ray Charles.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/26/22 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Through the years I have had almost no issues at any THSBA tournaments. The few I have had have all been with adult teams fishing a tournament on the same lake, but Saturday morning that all changed. We had 1 boat almost run over us, one boat troll in circles around us, and two other boats slam their lower units into a shallow spot on the point we were going to fish after passing within 20ft from us. All while we were power poled down. We were on a point heading into a major creek. Nobody should have ever been that close to us. The cove is literally over a mile wide at where we were. It's amazing to me that people just get out on a lake without any knowledge or research into where they can run and where they cant. It's a miracle those idiots didn't kill themselves or worse a kid this weekend.

On a positive note Tawakoni is fishing amazing right now. Maybe as good as any lake in the state. That lake has some really nice fish in it. I personally hate to see the new development coming in on the lake. Those old docks on that lake are like a redneck southern engineering museum. The only down side to Tawakoni is finding a place to stay. Other than that, it's a fun place to fish.

Hate that yall got treated that way. I agree with you on how the lake is fishing. Its one of my favorite lakes. I love fishing out there.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/26/22 02:03 AM

Wait a minute I thought cedar creek was the meth capital

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/26/22 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by basscaster46
Wait a minute I thought cedar creek was the meth capital

Speeder Creek has upped it's game
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/26/22 02:39 AM

It’s a tie roflmao
Posted By: Top Waters

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/26/22 03:11 AM

I recently had dinner at a burger joint in Quinlan after doing some THSBA pre-fishing on T-wok. The very nice waitress had tweaker marks between her fingers, constantly scratched her arms, had no top teeth, and didn't get half our order correct. But no, drug use in that area is negligible.
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/26/22 04:10 AM

That is the only time I have had to change a tire at the ramp area, we finished fishing and were loading the boat and I saw a tire on the trailer was flat. I looked it over and I kid you not there was a hypodermic needle in the tread. I had to have picked it up unloading the boat. That place just reeks of Meth.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/27/22 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by 361V

At T-wok? Get outta here. Not at T-wok!

LOL There is no way I would ever go to that Meth Head lake. EVER
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/28/22 12:23 AM

Should have returned fire

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/28/22 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by dk2429
Should have returned fire

You are in such a bad position and that would be suicide if the guy shooting could actually shoot.

You are actually a sitting duck with nearly zero cover.

The whole story is crazy and I agree, someone should have returned fire effectively against a crazy person that would randomly shoot at boat with 3 people in it. I just do not think it's a wise move to try and return fire with little to no cover
Posted By: Los Lagos

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/28/22 04:55 PM

You are honestly stating you lived in Hunt County, of the state of Texas and you never saw proof of drug use? That is hard to imagine in my book.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/28/22 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Los Lagos

You are honestly stating you lived in Hunt County, of the state of Texas and you never saw proof of drug use? That is hard to imagine in my book.

The account that stated that was literally just created to say that. March 2022 1 post.
Posted By: Houston Basscat

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/29/22 04:04 AM

Tawakoni is and always has been a rough place. Their not all on meth but 90% love the smell of it.
Posted By: Big C

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/30/22 04:48 PM

It's been a running joke about some residents on T-wok for years. Many lakes have sketchy areas on them, but I'd put T-wok way up there.
Posted By: tx_basser

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/30/22 04:54 PM

been sketchy out there since as long as I've lived in DFW (1990). Use to play golf out at Quinlan at least once a month, and decided it was not worth stopping to eat or gas up after we left the course.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Incident at Tawakoni last weekend - 03/30/22 05:41 PM

Just one thing to add here. Don't get fuel at the shell station in Quinlan that is on the corner of 751 and 256. My card got scammed at the pump last Saturday. They hit it for $1. Then did multiple $2000 charges. Thankfully Bank of America caught it very quickly, locked the card, and reversed all the charges.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum