Texas Fishing Forum

Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB)

Posted By: bgmg17

Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/18/22 08:41 PM

Looking at an Interstate EFB to replace my starter battery. No adding water and claims to be longer lasting but still a one year warranty. Checking to see if anyone had any experience with this type of battery.
Thanks
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/18/22 08:44 PM

never even heard of them before.

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/18/22 08:48 PM

[Linked Image]

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/18/22 08:56 PM

if you are close to fork, go by sartin marine or hydrodynamics (steves custom props, quitman) and look at the deka grp 27

I have been using a grp 24 flooded on the champion, 3 9" garmins, livescope and starts the 95 200 xri/efi every time.

was using their grp 27s on the garmin tm on 36v, only reason I swapped was for lithiums.

personally I have never had any luck with interstates.

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/18/22 09:41 PM

Thanks
I’ll check them out.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/18/22 10:17 PM

My 2nd cranker is a 24G Interstate and it has never had an issue. I run it everytime I am out as well as my Duracell 27 DP which I keep on a charger. I have run Interstates in all my vehicles for years and they are fine. They darn sure get a bad wrap on this forum though.

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/18/22 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by 4Weight
My 2nd cranker is a 24G Interstate and it has never had an issue. I run it everytime I am out as well as my Duracell 27 DP which I keep on a charger. I have run Interstates in all my vehicles for years and they are fine. They darn sure get a bad wrap on this forum though.

all 3 times I have had an interstate I felt lucky if I got 2 yrs. out of it, was getting 4 avg out of wally world then went to deka.

never heard of the technology but after reading about the enhanced wet cell I would give them a yr. or 2 if they are new. if not and it works it is a good deal for price point.

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/18/22 10:42 PM

Hop so you know the Batteries Plus Duracells are made by East Penn as well.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/18/22 11:46 PM

Even our interstate battery salesman says interstate sucks. Lol. Thankfully, he delivers continental, Deka, and Optima for us to sell.
Posted By: T-Slab

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/19/22 12:25 AM

Everstart
Posted By: T21x

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/19/22 01:16 AM

I have run interstate group 31 for many years on trolling motor and never had an issue with them. Get four to five years out of them with regular maintenance and charging. But i only fish from March until October. Average 3 days a week.

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/19/22 01:17 PM

Thanks for all the input. I’m going to give the EFB a try. The price and positive research on the technology has me curious enough to take a chance on it working.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/19/22 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by T21x
I have run interstate group 31 for many years on trolling motor and never had an issue with them. Get four to five years out of them with regular maintenance and charging. But i only fish from March until October. Average 3 days a week.

I've never had problems with Interstate either. I have two cranking batteries on the Sea Hunt that are 3 years old and running strong.

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/19/22 02:43 PM

main reason I recommend them, got off the wally world mexican made. decent enough for the price but the hecho en mexico is a no go for me now, has been for 3-4 yrs.

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/19/22 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong

main reason I recommend them, got off the wally world mexican made. decent enough for the price but the hecho en mexico is a no go for me now, has been for 3-4 yrs.

10-4. I like that before you leave Batteries Plus they throw a load test on the battery. At least you know you’re not walking out the door with a defective one. Trust me it happens with every brand every now and then.
Posted By: T-racer @ Mallard Marine

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/19/22 08:17 PM

Those enhanced flooded batteries just came out, we haven't even had any dropped off here yet even though we are a dealer for Interstate. Because they are so new, we can't give any actual feedback, but the rep talked a big game (of course). Time will tell. Maybe an in between option to old batteries vs Lithiums.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/19/22 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by T-Slab
Everstart

If you want to go this route, check multiple walmarts. The walmart closest to me only had group 27 DCs. One across the city had group 29s with 2 year warranty. One in the middle of the city had the 24 starting with 1000 cca when no other one had that. I dont live by a lake so the spotty availability makes sense. In case it might be like that where you live OP worth a shot looking around if youre in the area. Might work out for you like it did me (2 29DC with 2 year warranty, and a 24 starting with those 1000 CCA when my previous one had 625)
Posted By: Bazzectomy

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/26/22 02:51 AM

I had flooded sealed cell batteries before and I'm not a fan of them. Maybe this new version is better, but I had bad luck with them in the past in only a couple years. If your going to stay with a flooded cell battery, stick with one you can check the water level and most importantly check it with a a hydrometer. That way you can tell if a cell is getting weak. But that's just me.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/27/22 09:57 PM

I quit using Interstate marine batteries many years ago. They just did not hold up well for me.
Posted By: MV

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/27/22 11:30 PM

And they make ever start too for Wally . Same case different sticker
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Enhanced Flooded Batteries (EFB) - 03/27/22 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by T-racer @ Mallard Marine
Those enhanced flooded batteries just came out, we haven't even had any dropped off here yet even though we are a dealer for Interstate. Because they are so new, we can't give any actual feedback, but the rep talked a big game (of course). Time will tell. Maybe an in between option to old batteries vs Lithiums.

Has to be an improvement over the worst battery ever- the interstate 31agm. What a POS, had 2 of them and interstate wouldn’t warranty the garbage anymore. Multiple people with the same issue.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum