Texas Fishing Forum

TTT question?

Posted By: Champion1

TTT question? - 03/18/22 12:31 PM

Just noticed the TTT was fishing Cedar Creek tomorrow. We thought we might drive down and fish it, but after reading the rules it says you must a attend a mandatory meeting on Friday night or you cannot fish the tournament. Also you cannot sign up the morning of the tournament. Im not being critical of anyones business model but just seemed strange that they force people to spend the night at the site. Every other tourney Ive seen allow you to sign up the morning of. I was just curious as to what their thinking is requiring competitors to attend a meeting on Friday. Again Im not being critical Im just curious.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: TTT question? - 03/18/22 02:20 PM

Typically for a tournament that size you're required to attend a meeting for at least one of the team members. I can't speak for them but we killed "morning of" entries for our series years ago and it was the best thing we ever did. Morning of registration is an admin beatdown.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: TTT question? - 03/18/22 02:36 PM

Their "meeting" is just a sign up the evening before and its been that way.
Posted By: Walls

Re: TTT question? - 03/18/22 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by Champion1
Just noticed the TTT was fishing Cedar Creek tomorrow. We thought we might drive down and fish it, but after reading the rules it says you must a attend a mandatory meeting on Friday night or you cannot fish the tournament. Also you cannot sign up the morning of the tournament. Im not being critical of anyones business model but just seemed strange that they force people to spend the night at the site. Every other tourney Ive seen allow you to sign up the morning of. I was just curious as to what their thinking is requiring competitors to attend a meeting on Friday. Again Im not being critical Im just curious.

Tend to agree with Mark. I don't think they are having any trouble with field size and if you make a rule that helps you administratively, enforce it consistently, and the end justifies the means.....smart business model in the humble opinion of this business owner.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: TTT question? - 03/18/22 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett
Their "meeting" is just a sign up the evening before and its been that way.

This^^^^ and they are very well run. Registration is fast and simple, weigh in is quick and easy as well and staff is top notch.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: TTT question? - 03/19/22 02:08 AM

Too late now, but once on Toledo we couldn't make the registration, paid online and emailed them all the paperwork. They drew our number for us, it's computer generated anyway.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum