Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon East Fork Ramp

Posted By: chmp186

Lavon East Fork Ramp - 03/17/22 01:31 PM

Anyone know if East Fork is back open. The corps website says it is but that was back from July '21. There was a big sign out front a couple of weeks ago saying that the park was closed and I saw no trailers or trucks in the parking lot.
Posted By: SA1581

Re: Lavon East Fork Ramp - 03/17/22 03:48 PM

Closed due to road rebuilding. Scheduled to be open on April 1 but doubt if they will be finished.

Re: Lavon East Fork Ramp - 03/17/22 06:16 PM

Appreciate the info SA. I wonder if they will be moving the road crew to Avalon when they are finished at EF. That road is sure enough in a bad state of repair.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lavon East Fork Ramp - 03/17/22 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by chmp186
Appreciate the info SA. I wonder if they will be moving the road crew to Avalon when they are finished at EF. That road is sure enough in a bad state of repair.

When they started the work last year, I was chatting with the Ranger/Host over there, and yes. They are going to do bothe of them down here and then hit some of the others. I wasn't really impressed with the job they did at East Fork, so I don't have hopes that it will be smooth. They really need to get with what the COE is doing in Easy Texas and put in good roads and self-pay stations. Update the parks that are closed and get Lavon back to what she should be!

Re: Lavon East Fork Ramp - 03/17/22 07:47 PM

I agree David. I can say that when I went by EF the other day and found it closed I went on over to Avalon and they have installed a new self-pay station. It wasn't operational yet but it does appear that those might be coming our way. I agree that they need to do a better job but anything is better than it was, but as you would expect from a lesser job, it probably won't last.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum