Texas Fishing Forum

Black box for Panoptix

Posted By: 23Harrison

Black box for Panoptix - 03/17/22 03:48 AM

Just bought panoptix and was wondering where y’all put the black box because of how short the connector cable is. Thanks for the input
Posted By: TxFisherman03

Re: Black box for Panoptix - 03/17/22 04:12 AM

what type of boat?
Posted By: 23Harrison

Re: Black box for Panoptix - 03/17/22 04:27 AM

I have a 2019 tracker pro 170
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Black box for Panoptix - 03/17/22 12:57 PM

I bolted mine to the bottom of my pedal tray, keeps it up off the hull and easy to access if needed.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Black box for Panoptix - 03/17/22 01:02 PM

You should have enough length to get into a rod locker. I had my module by the console and graph & ducer on the TM shaft.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Black box for Panoptix - 03/17/22 01:52 PM

Mine is at the front of the starboard rod locker mounted on the side. My starboard side doesn’t have the rod holders in the front so I have it tucked way up forward you can’t even see it.
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Black box for Panoptix - 03/17/22 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Mine is at the front of the starboard rod locker mounted on the side. My starboard side doesn’t have the rod holders in the front so I have it tucked way up forward you can’t even see it.

This for me too.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Black box for Panoptix - 03/17/22 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by SRitchey

This for me too.

Same here. You don't even know its there.
Posted By: Chis D

Re: Black box for Panoptix - 03/17/22 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
Originally Posted by SRitchey

This for me too.

Same here. You don't even know its there.

Me too. One thing I would note is the length of the networking cable that goes to your graph - it is the shorted part. The transducer cable is plenty long. The power is long and can be extended easily.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum