Texas Fishing Forum

Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often?

Posted By: bockscar

Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/13/22 10:08 PM

Green Pumpkin black flake is my deal.....ive caught on purples and black and blue, but just cant make it a confidence color for me...even though I think it should be due to the water i fish. If you do throw balck/blue a ton what is your water clarity/conditions like?

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jippedgenes

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/13/22 11:02 PM

HAHAHA! Cracked me up! Black and blue jig/swim jig in dirty water or night fishing is my #1 since the 70s. Times may change and when it stops catching fish I will too.
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/13/22 11:17 PM

Green pumpkin is my go to color, if it doesn’t work I try a different bait- but the jig is always some sort of green pumpkin
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 12:07 AM

Depends on what technique you are talking about. It is a very good color if you are talking about a jig.
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 12:20 AM

One of each tied on right now. I'll usually start with GP and if they're not eating that I will try the B&B.
Posted By: justme1581

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 04:41 PM

Watermelon with green or gold flake seems to do the best for me......very seldom go BB.....
Posted By: Tyler Kalishek

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 04:54 PM

Either black/blue or green pumpkin for me
Posted By: prosise

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 05:26 PM

Only at night, or very low light times. I flip rocks and match the craw color 90% of the time. The other 10% is feedback from my fishing mentor, or someone I trust who is catching fish. I love a jig, but it is a really hard bait to start and get confidence in. Not going to catch as many fish, but the bites you do get are quality fish.

Just my opinion
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 05:39 PM

Mike Siebert at Siebert Outdoors made me some jigs that are half GP - half Black n Blue. They have been awesome!
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 05:43 PM

I prefer my jigs in PB&J or GP Candy
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 05:45 PM

I like a black and blue jig with a GP trailer. Best of both worlds.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 05:48 PM

I throw black/blue at night, if the water is muddy and generally in the winter.

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 07:18 PM

interesting results in the poll so far 🤔
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Big Swimbait
Mike Siebert at Siebert Outdoors made me some jigs that are half GP - half Black n Blue. They have been awesome!

I have been tying that color jig for myself for years. By far its my confidence color. It works on every lake I throw it on.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 07:23 PM

Black and Blue Sweet Beaver, no matter if dirty water or clear as gin!
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 07:55 PM

Black and blue in dirty water or on cloudy days.
Green everywhere else.

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

I have been tying that color jig for myself for years. By far its my confidence color. It works on every lake I throw it on.

What’s it look like, split down the middle in color?

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

Yep.

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 09:25 PM

Not sure if its the exact same...but Reaction Innovations makes a color called Tramp Stamp that I think is like this. I couldve sworn I seen the color on something from zoom or SK too
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 10:32 PM

Blue and Black jigs for sure and black with blue tail 4 inch finesse worms. Even had real good success with a Mr.Twister style solid blue 6 inch worm.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by bockscar

Not sure if its the exact same...but Reaction Innovations makes a color called Tramp Stamp that I think is like this. I couldve sworn I seen the color on something from zoom or SK too

Okachobee craw. Tramp Stamp is a good one.

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 10:45 PM

Zoom calls its half green pumpkin/half black and blue laminates Georgia craw. Eaction Innovations calls it Tramp astamp,Berkleycalls it Goat. Netball calls it Toledo Special.

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/14/22 11:31 PM

Zoom calls its half green pumpkin/half black and blue laminates Georgia craw. Eaction Innovations calls it Tramp astamp,Berkleycalls it Goat. Netball calls it Toledo Special.

Okechobee craw is the one I was thinking off! I got a couple packs of that color somewhere in the boat

Originally Posted by ezbassin

Okachobee craw. Tramp Stamp is a good one.

Thats the pattern I was thinking! Might need to dig those out and give them a chuck.....black on top, or bottom is the next question! LOL
Posted By: Kodyjoe

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/15/22 01:00 AM

Anytime I am at Fork I have 2 jigs tied on. One is for sure a black and blue jig with matching trailer.
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/15/22 01:04 AM

He made me GP top with Black/Blue bottom and then made me some of the opposite.

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/15/22 05:49 PM

So about 2 out of 3 are a no. About what I expected...was expecting a little less actually! but guess you all really do toss that color around!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/15/22 05:50 PM

yes I back the blue
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/15/22 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
yes I back the blue

thumb
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/15/22 06:29 PM

I don't care what color it is at night.
Posted By: FishOrGolf

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/15/22 06:51 PM

I watched a youtube video with EdwinEvers, just recently and a guy from the Berkley Lab

He educated me on color and sound more in 15 minutes, than my 45 years of fishing have taught me.

Worth the time.

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/15/22 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan S
I watched a youtube video with EdwinEvers, just recently and a guy from the Berkley Lab

He educated me on color and sound more in 15 minutes, than my 45 years of fishing have taught me.

Worth the time.

i stole the pic from EE's page! LOL saw wired2fish posted it the other day too! i mightve seen that video and read a good article about some of the r and d Berkley does about what bass seem to bite. very interesting stuff for sure

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/15/22 07:52 PM

[Linked Image]

Mark I need to order some more jig skirts- you have a link on that one?
Thanks!

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 03/15/22 08:42 PM

[Linked Image]

Mark I need to order some more jig skirts- you have a link on that one?
Thanks!

I make it myself. It's just green pumpkin dalmatian and black with blue flakematerial from www.fishingskirts.c9m

That color and my version of California 420 and also a summer craw are about all I need.
Posted By: Theroofingguy

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 04/09/22 05:49 PM

[Linked Image]

That’s a great looking jig
Posted By: dallasdawg

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 04/09/22 09:50 PM

Green Pumpkin is #1 for me. Blue Fleck #2, Black and Blue #3. I rotate through all three a lot.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Is black blue your confidence color? Or do you throw it very often? - 04/09/22 09:55 PM

Blue fleck all day every day over black blue
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum