Texas Fishing Forum

Tackle Bag

Posted By: Cliff31

Tackle Bag - 03/12/22 07:10 AM

I’m looking for suggestions on a new box or bag. I’ve gone through several iterations over the past few years and always seem to end up with something too bulky/boxy.

I’ve got worms, lures, string and misc items. A healthy supply of needed items and could probably trim down.

I’d like to keep in the $100ish range. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Tackle Bag - 03/12/22 01:32 PM

I have a bag like this for fishing from someone else's boat.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Tackle Bag - 03/12/22 02:16 PM

I bought one of the Tackle Warehouse back pack bags for fishing as a co-angler, it holds more then you can fish in a week! I just checked and I do not see it on the website, go figure.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Tackle Bag - 03/12/22 03:10 PM

When I was a coangler, I’d use a soft tackle bag. The best one I’ve found was a Spiderwire bag. It held 4-5 3700 boxes and had two line spool holders and a spooling attachment on the bag for those “bad days”. It had lots of little pockets for line clippers, pliers, stuff like that. Best thing was I could back down to 3 3700’s and pack A BUNCH of plastics in the extra space. It had a handle and a shoulder strap. Even had a sunglasses holder on top.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Tackle Bag - 03/12/22 03:24 PM

I carry a medium soft bag that holds 3 3700's but usually only have two. I also carry 4 of the small ones in there with one for drop shot, one for wacky, one for , and one for small plastics. In the front I have a small one for hooks and another for terminal and weights, On the sides I have the dips and spinner baits in plastic bags and the other side has scissors and pliers, and a spool of line .
In a separate small bag I have the plastics. All of this easily slips under a side console or on the floor in front of the seat. And neither is to heavy to pick up.

I change out the boxes depending on the season.

Afterall how many crank baits do you actually use of a trip?
Posted By: TXanalogkd

Re: Tackle Bag - 03/12/22 09:18 PM

I'm very impressed w/my KastKing Hoss tackle bag. The Hoss will hold six 3600 trays and this forced me to down size my tackle. This is a good thing because I had would pack too much junk that never got used. The bag also has plenty of storage pockets.
Posted By: David Newton

Re: Tackle Bag - 03/12/22 09:25 PM

I use the Lews Hatchpack. You can fit like 7 or 8 of the Plano Edge 3700 Thin boxes plus all kinds of other stuff. Very durable. Stands up when you set it down. Rubberized bottom. Sunglass holder, bottle holder, pliers holder, and 4 other pockets. Comfortable straps and padding. The only thing this one doesn't have that I would like is the pull out waterproof cover you see on some cheaper bags.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Tackle Bag - 03/12/22 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
When I was a coangler, I’d use a soft tackle bag. The best one I’ve found was a Spiderwire bag. It held 4-5 3700 boxes and had two line spool holders and a spooling attachment on the bag for those “bad days”. It had lots of little pockets for line clippers, pliers, stuff like that. Best thing was I could back down to 3 3700’s and pack A BUNCH of plastics in the extra space. It had a handle and a shoulder strap. Even had a sunglasses holder on top.

Same with me....my Spiderwire bag has been on many trips and can hold enough for a few trips.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Tackle Bag - 03/13/22 04:02 AM

I have this one. Fits 4 3600’s. Great bag

https://www.academy.com/p/ugly-stik-large-tackle-bag
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Tackle Bag - 03/13/22 01:02 PM

I love my Wild River Backpack. There are a couple of knock offs shown at the top of the page for less money. Wild River gives a life time warranty and will replace with no questions ask.

https://www.amazon.com/WT3604-Tackle-Lighted-Backpack-PT3600/dp/B00A0PA46U
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Tackle Bag - 03/13/22 03:48 PM

Check out Cabelas, they have a perfect small bag
Posted By: The Tacklesmith

Re: Tackle Bag - 03/13/22 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
I have a bag like this for fishing from someone else's boat.

I have the big one and the medium depending on the trip.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: Tackle Bag - 03/14/22 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by Cliff31
I’m looking for suggestions on a new box or bag. I’ve gone through several iterations over the past few years and always seem to end up with something too bulky/boxy.

I’ve got worms, lures, string and misc items. A healthy supply of needed items and could probably trim down.

I’d like to keep in the $100ish range. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Those Plano bags that hold 4 3600 and one on top with net on back is about the best I found.
Anything else gets too bulky
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Tackle Bag - 03/14/22 01:23 AM

I put some baits in a plastic grocery sack and throw a few hooks in. Seems to work well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum