Texas Fishing Forum

Electric Wiring Help Needed (DFW Area)

Posted By: DCott

Electric Wiring Help Needed (DFW Area) - 03/09/22 02:18 PM

I'm looking for someone who has wiring experience. Basically I'm looking to tap my main power wire into a new heavy gage wiring that is running from my large AGM into a new LiveScope. My older wiring seems to have a short. Will pay recognizing current labor rates.
Posted By: prosise

Re: Electric Wiring Help Needed (DFW Area) - 03/09/22 02:49 PM

Call David at shut up and fish. 972-822-9285. He is in lewisville and is "good people" in my book. He has a shop and I have purchased many items from him. I do my own work, but he as many others in the dfw area have good reports.

Link to his website
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Electric Wiring Help Needed (DFW Area) - 03/09/22 03:09 PM

Zach at Southwest Marine
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Electric Wiring Help Needed (DFW Area) - 03/09/22 03:29 PM

Call Voskem at All Star Marine. He is the best. Rewired my entire boat.
Posted By: Barn

Re: Electric Wiring Help Needed (DFW Area) - 03/09/22 03:59 PM

Aaron at Texas Boat Works can help you.
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: Electric Wiring Help Needed (DFW Area) - 03/09/22 08:50 PM

Zach at SW parts... but from my understanding he's a couple weeks out. That should tell you where you need to go
Posted By: WLBDallas

Re: Electric Wiring Help Needed (DFW Area) - 03/10/22 09:20 PM

Shut Up and Fish booked me 2 weeks ago for his first appointment on 3/16. Maybe that should tell you where you need to go.....

They are all busy and based on my experience at All-Star, Southwest and Shut Up and Fish, they are all very good at their trade and will take care of you. Labor prices seem to all be comparable.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Electric Wiring Help Needed (DFW Area) - 03/10/22 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by DCott
I'm looking for someone who has wiring experience. Basically I'm looking to tap my main power wire into a new heavy gage wiring that is running from my large AGM into a new LiveScope. My older wiring seems to have a short. Will pay recognizing current labor rates.

what ga. is the new heavy gauge that you need to tap?

can you access the heavy ga. and livescope wires easy or is it a teardown to find them?
Posted By: Jimmie Moreland

Re: Electric Wiring Help Needed (DFW Area) - 03/11/22 02:01 AM

Where are you located? Aaron @ Texas Boat Works on the Tarrant Side of town but to be honest he’s got people driving in from out of state to get work done so it may be a bit.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum