Texas Fishing Forum

Milliken fishing

Posted By: Wylie bass man

Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 02:55 AM

Anyone see his last two videos? He is fishing a structure at the dam. Being told its lake Houston and I don't think it is. Am i wrong, or right? seems like a pretty recognizable area if you know the lake. I don't live anywhere near Houston area, so I am not sure.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 02:59 AM

100% not houston

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 03:02 AM

thank you. I was positive it was not Houston.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 03:04 AM

I fish houston 3 days a week normally. Zero standing timber like that. Our timber is cypress trees. And you can't legally get within 100 yards of the dam/spillway
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 01:11 PM

refuse to watch anything that douche bag posts. he disgusts me
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie

This
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 01:30 PM

I watched it last night. I thought it was a good showing of just how the Livescope really works and how to use it.
Posted By: jiggmann

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 02:04 PM

He may be a douche bag lots of bass fisherman are give credit where credit is due he can flat out catch them!! Very informative video on the live scope demonstration
Posted By: FordBoy

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 02:07 PM

That is Lake Naconiche...
Posted By: Barrett

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 02:07 PM

Majority of TFF is obsessed with the youtubers....
Posted By: GMTK

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by FordBoy
That is Lake Naconiche...

This.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett

If someone enjoys a video that you don't like, it doesn't mean they are obsessed. Do comments like this really serve any purpose? Let's all ease up a bit. Warm weather and sunny days are just around the corner.
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 02:21 PM

thumb
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 02:24 PM

Lol
Posted By: BCOU

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 02:37 PM

Naconiche lake near nacadoches
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 03:01 PM

[Linked Image]

Naconiche is one beautiful lake
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 03:42 PM

I’ve seen 3-4 of his YouTube shows and don’t care too much for it, but he seems to be a much better on podcast when the camera isn’t there for drama. I think he might be like Ike, one person when the cameras rolling and another when it’s not.

But he definitely gets my respect for making it in this niche sport/hobby.
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 04:34 PM

Why?

From what I see the dude loves to fish and is respectful on the water. He doesn’t name the lakes he is on and does nothing different than all the other anglers who have fishing shows.

I respect his passion for fishing. He fishes almost everyday and it doesn’t matter if it’s a pond, city canal, or reservoir. When he lived up North he would drive 4 hours to his closet lakes and he would do it several times a week. He fishes harder than any of the people on here and he flat out catches them! And he isn’t one of these fisherman that only fish to stroke their competitive egos. He just loves fishing and I can get behind folks like that.

It seems jealousy plays such a big part in the hate towards him. This yankee came down to Tx and is showing you that most of us ain’t [censored]. He puts a catchy title on his video to take advantage of the YouTube algorithms to maximize exposure of his shows and some (older) people aren’t savvy enough to understand what’s happening. So they call him names and degrade the hard work he has put in to be successful.
Posted By: watermelon orange

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 04:43 PM

Takes one to know one. Right?

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by TxBazzn

Why?

From what I see the dude loves to fish and is respectful on the water. He doesn’t name the lakes he is on and does nothing different than all the other anglers who have fishing shows.

I respect his passion for fishing. He fishes almost everyday and it doesn’t matter if it’s a pond, city canal, or reservoir. When he lived up North he would drive 4 hours to his closet lakes and he would do it several times a week. He fishes harder than any of the people on here and he flat out catches them! And he isn’t one of these fisherman that only fish to stroke their competitive egos. He just loves fishing and I can get behind folks like that.

It seems jealousy plays such a big part in the hate towards him. This yankee came down to Tx and is showing you that most of us ain’t [censored]. He puts a catchy title on his video to take advantage of the YouTube algorithms to maximize exposure of his shows and some (older) people aren’t savvy enough to understand what’s happening. So they call him names and degrade the hard work he has put in to be successful.

Ben, is that you?
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 04:58 PM

I think Milliken is one of the best fisherman out there but boat flipping every fish all over the carpet is f'd up and a disgrace to the Texas fisheries.
Posted By: BNKrust

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 07:40 PM

Why?

Ben, is that you?

He's not wrong...
Posted By: ETXfisher91

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 08:31 PM

Why?

100%, it's mostly the older generation that just can't handle the fact these dudes are making a living off fishing and catching donkeys on any body of water they show up too.
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 08:49 PM

Why?

Ben, is that you?

roflmao
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 08:57 PM

He is making bank fishing- some people can’t stand that. I think he has done wonders for the 6th sense brand.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson

If someone enjoys a video that you don't like, it doesn't mean they are obsessed. Do comments like this really serve any purpose? Let's all ease up a bit. Warm weather and sunny days are just around the corner.

Couldnt have been said better! cheers

Not much of a miliken fan, aside from when I hear his videos have him catching giants....cuz his fish handling does suck at times (no worse than I seen pro fisherman do). BUT....i legitimately think he will do borderline stuff in regards to fish handling because of all the hate he gets in forums/facebook/instagram...just to piss people off. I dont know the guy....but that seems like it would be in his personality.

someone way smarter than me once said....

"There's no such thing as bad puclicity"
. . -Aristotle
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 09:57 PM

I would really enjoy the you tubers more if the for ratings or clicks thumbnails would be different than like the "They stole my fishin hole" or "the locals hate us " and some of Luke Dunkin's for drama stuff

Him , Zark (the smoking wizard) and JJ are all very good anglers and not terrible to watch fish at all.

It's a free world they can do what they want .

PS I do grimace at the handling and slapping of the fish as well.

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/09/22 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tiltman
I would really enjoy the you tubers more if the for ratings or clicks thumbnails would be different than like the "They stole my fishin hole" or "the locals hate us " and some of Luke Dunkin's for drama stuff

Him , Zark (the smoking wizard) and JJ are all very good anglers and not terrible to watch fish at all.

Zark seems like a genuinely good dude! I was happy to see he caught THE giant! I guarantee that dudes got lots of good karma banked and he cashed it in on that giant! If i walked into a bar and saw them....id holler out....ZAARRRRRK! Dap him up and call Miliken "Andrew Flair" just to piss him off! LOL Zark is good people tho...im sure Miliken is too but hes got a more abrasive versus laid back type of personality basing it off his videos i seen. Damn miliken is living the dream tho!!! cant deny that
Posted By: Hulapoppin

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 12:00 AM

I watched it and knew exactly where he was and I was proud of him for not saying where he was, I guess he knows other people are going to give it up for him. For the ones on here that didn’t know where he was or didn’t see the video he also caught a 12 something on a sausage grinder with 8 pound test. Let’s see how many trucks and trailers that little bittie ramp and parking can hold.

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by Hulapoppin
I watched it and knew exactly where he was and I was proud of him for not saying where he was, I guess he knows other people are going to give it up for him. For the ones on here that didn’t know where he was or didn’t see the video he also caught a 12 something on a sausage grinder with 8 pound test. Let’s see how many trucks and trailers that little bittie ramp and parking can hold.

Ok, I’m stupid. What is a sausage grinder?

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

I assumed he was referring to you.....

Sorry mods...if he's throwing a fastball down the pipe, I gotta swing roflmao cheers

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by bockscar

I assumed he was referring to you.....

Sorry mods...if he's throwing a fastball down the pipe, I gotta swing roflmao cheers

I’m still clueless what you both are talking about. Explain it and if you’re trying to insult me, don’t go there. You have nothing to brag on.
Posted By: BNKrust

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 01:13 AM

A sausage grinder is a spinning reel...

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by BNKrust

Thank you sir, I obviously have never heard that term. cheers
Posted By: Tiltman

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by bockscar

Zark seems like a genuinely good dude! I was happy to see he caught THE giant! I guarantee that dudes got lots of good karma banked and he cashed it in on that giant! If i walked into a bar and saw them....id holler out....ZAARRRRRK! Dap him up and call Miliken "Andrew Flair" just to piss him off! LOL Zark is good people tho...im sure Miliken is too but hes got a more abrasive versus laid back type of personality basing it off his videos i seen. Damn miliken is living the dream tho!!! cant deny that

Yeah beers with Zark would be fun , I bet he would kill it on you tube

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 01:21 AM

new one to me too! LOL
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by BCOU
Naconiche lake near nacadoches

Nacogdoches.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 01:37 AM

Well just keep your sausage out of your spinning reel BNK. Just that simple.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 01:38 AM

Catching an 8 lber and dropping it on the front deck to flop around while trying to catch another one is a bad look. Keeping slot fish from a power plant lake and taking them to your personal pond, is illegal, and also a bad look. Mulligan is douche and doesn’t respect the resource, yet making money off of it. For you children that idolize him and his 6th sense buddies, you have homework to do and make sure not to miss the school bus in the morning.

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 01:42 AM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
Catching an 8 lber and dropping it on the front deck to flop around while trying to catch another one is a bad look. Keeping slot fish from a power plant lake and taking them to your personal pond, is illegal, and also a bad look. Mulligan is douche and doesn’t respect the resource, yet making money off of it. For you children that idolize him and his 6th sense buddies, you have homework to do and make sure not to miss the school bus in the morning.

I like how people think these guys are making insane money. That’s my favorite part of these threads.

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 01:50 AM

I like how people think these guys are making insane money. That’s my favorite part of these threads.

Hard to tell if you are referring to my post, but if you are, no where did I say “insane” money. All I said was he makes money. I could be wrong but with 600k YouTube subscribers, probably making a decent little chunk.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 02:13 AM

Hard to tell if you are referring to my post, but if you are, no where did I say “insane” money. All I said was he makes money. I could be wrong but with 600k YouTube subscribers, probably making a decent little chunk.

The Utubers make some coin....Why do you think they get to fish all the time..

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 02:17 AM

Why do you either have to "idolize" them or be a total hater? Is there no middle ground. Someone wiser than me once said....

"Only a sith deals in absolutes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgpytjlW5wU&ab_channel=bcaufman30291

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 02:20 AM

Whoa! I was just curious if it was lake Houston! LOL.I don't actually watch much of his stuff, but I can see both sides of everyone's comments. The one I don't get is the boat flipping hurting the Texas fisheries. Is that supposed to mean that every fish that touches the carpet die? I have a buddy that brought home over 400 crappie last year because of livescope. Don't think a fish touching carpet will have an impact like removing more fish in a year than the past several years combined for one angler! maybe I'm wrong

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by Wylie bass man
Whoa! I was just curious if it was lake Houston! LOL.I don't actually watch much of his stuff, but I can see both sides of everyone's comments. The one I don't get is the boat flipping hurting the Texas fisheries. Is that supposed to mean that every fish that touches the carpet die? I have a buddy that brought home over 400 crappie last year because of livescope. Don't think a fish touching carpet will have an impact like removing more fish in a year than the past several years combined for one angler! maybe I'm wrong

welcome to the thunderdome!

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 02:39 AM

Do your homework bud!

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 03:15 AM

You’d probably call him Mr. Milliken if you met him in person….
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by ETXfisher91

Why?

100%, it's mostly the older generation that just can't handle the fact these dudes are making a living off fishing and catching donkeys on any body of water they show up too.

The blue hairs are mad as heck!
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer

roflmao

this thread will be locked before the morning at this pace
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 04:35 AM

Who is Zark ?

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 04:48 AM

I glanced at the bass forum several times during work today.. this thread was at the top each time. Haven't seen the video yet but all the cussing and discussing here sure made me want to fish Naconiche soon... like maybe tomorrow.. roflmao

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by lconn4
[Linked Image]

Naconiche is one beautiful lake

You need to back up a bit, you’re sitting on top of a bunch of fish!

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 05:01 AM

I'll definitely hit it on the way to where I'm going. cheers full report tomorrow night! roflmao but no video

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 12:18 PM

You’ll get grounded if you missed the school bus this morning

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 01:19 PM

You’ll get grounded if you missed the school bus this morning

Dude I’m bald headed- what’s left is gray… to quote Mike Gundy- I’M A MAN..😆
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 03:43 PM

Why?

I think his content is pretty good.

I dont watch him.anymore because he posts the same videos over and over again and post flat out false titles. Had one video that he posted several times "Disqualified for this" and there was no disqualification.

He lies in the titles and descriptions to draw viewers, i dont respect that.

Just be honest, post a video, and move forward. I cant support the dishonesty and old videos advertised as new videos.

If he wouldnt mislead his audience, id still follow and watch his videos.

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 04:10 PM

Ok, I’ll bite. Since there’s so many here that claim they know how much a YouTuber makes, how much does Milliken make for (I’ll just make a number up, because I don’t know) 1 million video views?

How much would JJones make for 50k views per video?

Or you don’t have to use those above, if you yourself are a “YouTuber”, tell us how much money you make. You don’t have to mention your channel.

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 04:33 PM

I don’t know either Ben Milliken worth 1.5 mil

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by jiggmann
I don’t know either Ben Milliken worth 1.5 mil

How do you learn his net worth?

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 05:09 PM

Ok, I’ll bite. Since there’s so many here that claim they know how much a YouTuber makes, how much does Milliken make for (I’ll just make a number up, because I don’t know) 1 million video views?

Or you don’t have to use those above, if you yourself are a “YouTuber”, tell us how much money you make. You don’t have to mention your channel.

There is a website or two that basically tells what all the big YouTubers are making- but there are so many other variables and income streams they get because of their YouTube exposure that’s not accounted for. Fishing is a job for him- so it’s easier to be out on the water on a Tuesday when your actually at work.

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 05:27 PM

Roughly 9k

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 05:37 PM

Roughly 9k

That’s pretty vague. You might need to expand on that a bit, $9k for what or how many subscribers, videos???
Edit: Ok disregard

According to google it pays approximately $0.18 per ad view (some more and some less), so $18 for every 1k ads played. I wonder if skipped ads count towards “viewed”, probably a question for google again.

30k view is a bit over $5k, I could see the potential with some big money. It’s no wonder some of these guys (Blauket) are constantly having topics that draw views, he makes more from YouTube, than he can fishing.

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 05:44 PM

"The actual rates paid by advertisers vary, but they typically range between $0.10 and $0.30 per view and average out at about $0.18 per view. The average YouTube channel receives around $18 for every 1000 ad views. This works out to about 3 to 5 dollars per 1000 video views."

This is from google. I don't know how true it is, but i just typed it in on google... there's a big breakdown on that I don't really care to understand because I'm not a youtuber and won't ever be one. I know Josh Jones isn't making that per video because his channel on has 4k subs... But Milliken has like what 1/2 million subs, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's making that per video

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 06:16 PM

Im not a youtuber...but my little cousin was for about 6 months a year or so ago during covid. She now has 84k subs (despite being inactive now) but had way less when she was active. She had about 3-4 videos with 1 million plus views, and the rest in the 20-100k+ view range. Shed post every week or so.

she made 17k in about 2 months of being monetized. She bought a car and gave it up....but is still making money, just smaller amounts since its no new content.

If you all hate Fishing YouTubers.....DO NOT google video game streamers like "Ninja" "TimTheTatMan" "NickMercs" and then DEFINITELY dont google ESports gamers salaries....youll likely bust a vessel when you read that some kids are getting paid $200k+ annually to play video games competitively. Thats not even counting sponsorship money and the extra money they get for streaming them play video games. If you all hate the fishing youtubers....you'll likely bust a vessel when you look into "pro gamers"

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 06:24 PM

Milliken has 103,762,745 total views in approximately 6.5 years.

If the average is $.18 a view then he has made approx. $18,677,294.1 or $2,872,429.86 a year.

Not too shabby
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

If the average is $.18 a view then he has made approx. $18,677,294.1 or $2,872,429.86 a year.

Not too shabby

Put these girls on suicide watch !

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Chasin Hogs

Not too shabby

This is why I wonder why Josh Jones doesn't have a good youtube channel?

He could be making a lot of money with a good youtube platform and for just fishing.

Most of the bigger YT names ion fishing employ full time camera personnel and editors.

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 06:39 PM

Not too shabby

Per view, advertisers on average pay $.18. If your channel receives 1,000 views, it’s worth $18. Google keeps 45 percent of what is made, so a YouTuber would make (on average) $9.90 per 1,000 views.

103,762,745 / 1000 = 103,762 x $9.90 = $1,027,243

It is possible that he has made a little over a million total in the last 6.5 years, but there are other factors. He hasn't made anywhere near $18 million.

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 06:39 PM

Not too shabby

He could be making a lot of money with a good youtube platform and for just fishing.

Most of the bigger YT names ion fishing employ full time camera personnel and editors.

If you think about it how his channel would be, trolling for hours, making a cast and catching 1 giant fish lol it's cool for a picture, but would be boring to watch.

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 06:42 PM

Not too shabby

If you think about it how his channel would be, trolling for hours, making a cast and catching 1 giant fish lol it's cool for a picture, but would be boring to watch.

This is why you edit videos, you edit out all the "boring".

He literally could have gotten many millions of views a piece just on his 4 SAL fish he caught at Ivie. A fishing video can take lots of hours or even days to get enough content to make a decent video.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 06:45 PM

‘Bout $3 per 10,000 views. Lol

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 06:46 PM

Not too shabby

Per view, advertisers on average pay $.18. If your channel receives 1,000 views, it’s worth $18. Google keeps 45 percent of what is made, so a YouTuber would make (on average) $9.90 per 1,000 views.

It is possible that he has made a little over a million total in the last 6.5 years, but there are other factors. He hasn't made anywhere near $18 million.

I would take an educated guess he makes in the modest 6 figures a year.

I know a guy with a channel that has 135K subscribers and he got around 16 million views in 2021 and he made $190K last year.

There is some more to the formula I do not know. I made a mistake in my figures, forgive me

blush

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 06:54 PM

If he's making $150-$200k a year making fishing videos, that's not bad. Mr. Beast (Jimmy Donaldson) ranked first as the top-earning YouTuber worldwide made around 54 million U.S. dollars in 2021.
Posted By: Jersey Dan

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 06:55 PM

Have you seen his house north of Conroe he bought last year. Dream property... Multiple ponds...

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 06:57 PM

If he's making $150-$200k a year making fishing videos, that's not bad. Mr. Beast (Jimmy Donaldson) ranked first as the top-earning YouTuber worldwide made around 54 million U.S. dollars in 2021.

We need to buy a camera grin
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 07:13 PM

Not too shabby

I'm not sure but he'd obviously make a killing. Look at the SAL topics from Austin and Rayburn.
Maybe they got 20 replies at most? Add Josh Jones to the title and its going wild!

Still trying to figure whose more obsessed with the YouTube?

The haters or fans.
roflmao
Posted By: Puma Jim

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 07:39 PM

Not sure if she is doing it now since moving to Texas but when they lived up here in the north the wife is an Anesthesiologist or doctor of some sort so I’m sure that helped him to be able to fish so much. He used to be in my club here in Nebraska and can fish and nice guy. Got tired of his videos because the titles are so exaggerated but regardless good for him

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 07:54 PM

You guys think theyre income is impressive......well they get to count gas as a business expense too!!! prolly worth about that same $200k by the end of the year roflmao

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 08:04 PM

Check out Joe Rogans video views he gets several million for each video he posts could only imagine how much he brings in not to mention his Spotify gig also millions

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 08:42 PM

So odds are, fishing advertisements probably pay towards the lower end of the spectrum. Guy makes good money, but isn’t a mega millionaire like some here want to act like. No telling how many hours he had filming and editing every video.

I’d love to see what Edwin Evers pays and makes for his channel, that’s professional grade stuff there, very nicely done.
Posted By: H&H

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 08:47 PM

Don't have to hit subscribe though, I watch videos but i never subscribe

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 09:43 PM

So odds are, fishing advertisements probably pay towards the lower end of the spectrum. Guy makes good money, but isn’t a mega millionaire like some here want to act like. No telling how many hours he had filming and editing every video.

I’d love to see what Edwin Evers pays and makes for his channel, that’s professional grade stuff there, very nicely done.

Subject matter is not too relevant, it's marketing and it's the "clicks, views and likes" that produce the revenue.

I would not even want to guess what Rob Terkla has made just off his YouTube channel and for several years it was just very novice "fishing stuff"

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 10:02 PM

Subject matter is not too relevant, it's marketing and it's the "clicks, views and likes" that produce the revenue.

I would not even want to guess what Rob Terkla has made just off his YouTube channel and for several years it was just very novice "fishing stuff"

I had never heard of this guy/channel, whatever it’s called until a few months ago. He lives here and went to HS with my wife apparently. Apparently he’s done quite well from this YouTube stuff.

Rob has almost 2 mil subscribers, pretty good too!

[Linked Image]

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 10:21 PM

I had never heard of this guy/channel, whatever it’s called until a few months ago. He lives here and went to HS with my wife apparently. Apparently he’s done quite well from this YouTube stuff.

Rob has almost 2 mil subscribers, pretty good too!

[Linked Image]

From what I can find he makes around $8K a day from his youtube. shocked

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 10:31 PM

eeks

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/10/22 11:00 PM

tough to speculate. but i say most of the tip top tier guys (i.e. googan squad members, miliken basically) haul in low triple digits. I dont think any are on the half closer to the million yearly mark....but I may be wrong. That is JUST their youtube content.

This isnt counting any other revenue stream. Now the youtubers have taken on sponsors the pros have/had....so add that to their bottom line. Then count in their business ventures like googan baits, and 6th sense and other stuff we dont even know about. Then, each one of those videos that they say are "sponsored by" so and so, and then give a 1-5 minute spiel on the product is probably a cool $5k-$10k+ type of payday per mention. Kylie Jenner gets paid $1 million per post on instagram, so Id think those same sponsors like Hello Fresh would pay a guy like Miliken a cool $10k bill for the plug.

Tough to speculate what they make....but I do know its not easy to qualify for a mortgage as an "independent contractor" type. JonB has what looks to be a nicer house than I'll and many others on here will own here in Texas as well as a seasonal property in main. 2nd property usually requires 20% down on top of being qualified. Lunkers built an epic house with a pond. Miliken built a nice house with a pond. JonB never mentioned it....like ever....but at one point he owned a porsche in the middle of him buying property. Porsches arent cheap and you either got the cash or are well qualified.

Taking it even deeper to a not as known youtuber....bamabass built an epic pond. And yea, the dudes a full time engineer from my understanding....but that pond didnt start getting built until his youtube started taking off. So...cant speculate, but these dudes are all doing very well.....AND, money aside....they are doing it their way!!! they dont gotta tour the country on the pro circuit and fufill sponsor obligations, they dont gotta wake up and prefish and grind it out hoping to top 10 a tourney....these dudes do what they want, when they want.

After all that being said....im starting to hate them too!!! LOL especially on a week like this when works stressing me out roflmao
Posted By: KsChampion198

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/11/22 02:51 AM

Ben is a buddy of mine. Me and my son have been in his videos a couple times. He's as good as they get as far as a buddy. And he's the best fisherman I've fished with. He's an absolute hammer. He'd mop the floor with 99% of the dudes hating on him on this site....
Posted By: Fishing with James

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/11/22 02:58 AM

I can't speak for other people who also make youtube videos, but per 1,000 views, I can make anywhere from $2 - $4. That number can vary of course, but $18/1000 views is unheard of.

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/11/22 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by Fishing with James
I can't speak for other people who also make youtube videos, but per 1,000 views, I can make anywhere from $2 - $4. That number can vary of course, but $18/1000 views is unheard of.

id figure 18 cents is an average and kinda the "gross" then youtube takes their what I assume would be a chunk over 50/50 part of it....then that takes you to the $2-4 range you see. I know 18 cents per thousand is not right because my little cousin has a video with 8.9 million views and i can tell you for sure she doesnt have $100k in the bank. i do knows shes made MORE money since i was solidly told that $17k number but not that kinda money. I do remember that 17k was earned in like 5-6ish weeks.....so maybe she is closer to 100k than i think? She stopped when she was at her peak tho....unfortunately! i ask her for new videos each time i see her....such a good opportunity to cash in on with her personality/skiils.
Posted By: KnotTexan

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/11/22 03:16 AM

eeks

Did you show this to your wife? I bet she’s pizzed knowing that she settled? grin cheers

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/11/22 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by KnotTexan

eeks

Did you show this to your wife? I bet she’s pizzed knowing that she settled? grin cheers

Oh she knows that she screwed up, she’s known that for decades.
Posted By: Yankee_Bass

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/11/22 03:44 PM

This right here

Why?

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/11/22 03:46 PM

Not too shabby

A lot of public info out there regarding how much you tubers make. Most you will find states 2-4 dollars per 1000 views. Using your numbers that's 47,890 dollars a year from YouTube averaging out to 3 dollars per 1000 views. I wouldn't say that's good money.
Posted By: machinist

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/14/22 02:29 AM

Apparently most of you folks weren’t bass fishing in the 60’s and 70’s in Texas. For a while the limit was 15 and everybody kept their limit. There was no catch and release. When the limit went to 10 oh gosh you would have thought people were going to starve because they couldn’t keep those other 5 bass. It was until the 80’s that catch and release started catching on. Anyway I am a big fan of Milliken and think he is a hell of a fisherman. If he throws a few fish on the carpet it’s still not a big deal to me.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Milliken fishing - 03/14/22 02:33 AM

Who cares what MilliDoosh does? Like him and hang on his nuts, hate on him on a public forum. It’s a free country. #Merica
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum