Texas Fishing Forum

Bob Sandlin

Posted By: Ranger Guy

Bob Sandlin - 03/02/22 06:26 PM

Anyone having much success lately? I've been struggling to catch just a few very small bass.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/02/22 07:47 PM

transition period. most are probably suspending somewhere on their way to the glory hole
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/02/22 11:02 PM

I caught these two yeahoos about 3 weeks ago on Sandlin. I fished most of the morning with not one bite with a big deep diving crankbait, a 3/8 ounce jig with a trailer, and a finesse jig. I switched over to a gold with black back and red belly suspending Rogue and caught one about 10 minutes into throwing it and the other about 30 minutes later. They were hitting it real aggressive so there probably could have been more. I left early because I forgot to bring food and was getting hungry. Both were up shallow but near deep water. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Hook'em79

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/02/22 11:50 PM

Gilroy was out there last weekend, if he did any fishing I am sure he can give you a report. I am sure he will check this thread out since he has a lake house out there.
Posted By: Ranger Guy

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/03/22 01:47 PM

Thanks
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/06/22 09:04 PM

Looks like they found them for the High school tournament.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/06/22 10:47 PM

My buddy and I and his son so three of us caught 17 Friday. We fished 9:00-3:00. All but two were legal. Biggest close to 4 with several low 3's and high 2's mixed in.
Posted By: DaveS

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/07/22 05:55 PM

Maybe Pake will start providing guide services... thumb
Posted By: bsouth401

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/08/22 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by DaveS
Maybe Pake will start providing guide services... thumb

Actually he plans on guiding some between school and tournaments this summer after he gets his schedule planned out.
Posted By: Chris G

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/08/22 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Hook'em79
Gilroy was out there last weekend, if he did any fishing I am sure he can give you a report. I am sure he will check this thread out since he has a lake house out there.

I only fished our lake (Cypress) for a few hours and really didn't do much of that since there was a club tourney out there and I didn't want to get in anyone's way. Played around with Livescope and new Navionics maps on the Garmin's.

For the OP, just go fish Monticello cove or the staging areas leading into it. You should be able to catch some there once things set up. It's the community hole of community holes.
Posted By: WattoFish

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/11/22 09:53 PM

I'm staying at a house for a few days the first weekend of April near the Sandlin dam.

I see the above post mentioning the Monticello cove, which will be very close to the house I'm staying in.

I've never been on Sandlin, so I'm curious to learn how the lake fishes or points of interest I should focus on.
Posted By: Newly Retired

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/11/22 10:41 PM

Chris G Do you live on Cypress? Where?
Posted By: glider90

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/15/22 03:42 PM

My family is visiting from Ohio next week, staying on Thunderbird Point so I am following along here for information. We will be shoring it other than a day out on Fork with a guide, so any LBS advice is appreciated.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/15/22 03:50 PM

Shoreline on BS - State Park and both sides of the road by the Barefoot Bay Marina/RV Park.
Posted By: Gibby

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/15/22 04:09 PM

Headed there for the weekend this coming weekend. First fishing trip of the year. Hoping to find some decent action shallow.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/15/22 07:33 PM

Glider 90-I sent you a PM (Personal Message). I see this is your first post. Welcome the the TFF. Good people here but you might have to wade through some negative or at least some snippy comments.

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/15/22 08:45 PM

Thanks, I responded to the message!
Posted By: kcb

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/16/22 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Allen Bass Fisher
Glider 90-I sent you a PM (Personal Message). I see this is your first post. Welcome the the TFF. Good people here but you might have to wade through some negative or at least some snippy comments.

That’s Funny. Truth to the comment though.
Posted By: P_102

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/16/22 12:00 PM

White chatterbait or spinnerbait 1-3 ft. should put some in the boat.
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/16/22 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by kcb
Originally Posted by Allen Bass Fisher

That’s Funny. Truth to the comment though.

HUH?? hmmm

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/16/22 01:04 PM

Appreciate the replies from Allen bass Fisher and P_102. I understand the heads up about possible negative or snippy comments. I am member to several creek fishing groups here in Ohio. Every spring here there is a flood (no pun intended) of questions from people asking if the creeks have cleared up yet for wading. It seems the most common answer is "go out and put the time in yourself, you will find out" I understand. People that are out there grinding every day waiting for their payoff get tired of sharing hard fought information for free. People that can only get out on occasion due to other commitments are hoping to not waste a trip to the creek for poor conditions. Both sides have a point. It took us a couple seasons of wading creeks up here to figure out the pattern to find predictable smallmouth bites. In my case I am only going to be at LBS for a few days, possibly once in my lifetime. I know some people frown on newcomers jumping in and asking for some tips. I expect a bit of that, but hope for some of the advice I got from a couple people. I truly appreciate it. If any of you ever find yourself in central Ohio and want a tip on a few Bass ponds or a stretch of creek to wade for smallmouth, I am always happy to help:)
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/16/22 02:18 PM

I wasn't being flippant or snippy. I'm serious. If you are shore fishing, hit up the pier and Shoreline in the state park. The area around Barefoot Bay is also good for hitting from the shore. A lot of the lake is "Private Property," so these spots are premium!

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/16/22 02:23 PM

David, I did not take your reply as flippant at all. I have not seen any of that in the thread, I was merely replying to Allen Bass fishing original comment that there may be some of that in my post. Actually, now that I read his comment again I think he was saying in general there are some negative or snippy comments, as there are in any interweb forum. I was thinking he meant I may get some for asking, but I think I was reading too much into it . We are all good here:) So far see less snippyness here than in the Ohio forums:)
Posted By: Trenton97

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/16/22 04:42 PM

Sent you a PM. We caught a lot 2 weeks ago.
Posted By: WattoFish

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/17/22 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by Gibby
Headed there for the weekend this coming weekend. First fishing trip of the year. Hoping to find some decent action shallow.

Ryan, please post how you do after this weekend as I will be interested to learn of your success.

Thanks in advance..

BW

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/17/22 04:42 PM

Happy to!

Re: Bob Sandlin - 03/19/22 09:34 PM

As of 4:30 Saturday, it’s been brutal for us. Caught three on one bank yesterday afternoon in about a 10 min window. Nothing after. Not one single bite today.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum