Texas Fishing Forum

SAL leaves one behind

Posted By: Douglas J

SAL leaves one behind - 02/25/22 11:05 PM

Congrats Zachary Reece 14.15#. OH Ivie

[Linked Image]

Per Toyota Sharelunker Program,

"Zachary Reece just landed this 14.15 pound Legacy Class ShareLunker from O.H. Ivie! That’s 3 Lunkers over 13 pounds from Ivie in the past 3 days!

Because of the 7 ShareLunker’s already donated by anglers from O.H. Ivie for selective spawning and stocking, limited space remaining in the Lunker Bunker, and desire to diversify the Legacy Class contributions and offspring stockings statewide, the decision was made to not transport this fish to TFFC. TPWD biologists certified and collected catch and genetic information on this fish to help further evaluate and direct future stocking and management efforts. Data from all eligible ShareLunkers from O.H. Ivie will continue to be collected by TPWD through the rest of the season. Because of Zachary’s willingness to donate and coordinate with TPWD to provide this valuable data (including all other eligible anglers) he will receive all prizes and accolades associated with the Legacy Class, including a fiberglass replica of his Lunker. Thank you, Zachary for your contribution to bigger, better bass in Texas!

NOTE: The spawning collection season is still underway through the end of March and ShareLunker’s will continue to be transported to the Lunker Bunker at TFFC until capacity is reached or the close of the season."
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/25/22 11:15 PM

They are headed to pick up Tommy Laws SAL from lake X.

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/25/22 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Caymas Cx 21
They are headed to pick up Tommy Laws SAL from lake X.

"Lake X" is an hour or less from Athens
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/25/22 11:30 PM

The info. I received said that Law caught the fish at Lake Coleman.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: Kicker16

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/25/22 11:32 PM

Dang, those are 2 nice fish. Congrats to both anglers
Posted By: SC-001

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
Congrats Zachary Reece 14.15#. OH Ivie

[Linked Image]

Per Toyota Sharelunker Program,

"Zachary Reece just landed this 14.15 pound Legacy Class ShareLunker from O.H. Ivie! That’s 3 Lunkers over 13 pounds from Ivie in the past 3 days!

Because of the 7 ShareLunker’s already donated by anglers from O.H. Ivie for selective spawning and stocking, limited space remaining in the Lunker Bunker, and desire to diversify the Legacy Class contributions and offspring stockings statewide, the decision was made to not transport this fish to TFFC.
TPWD biologists certified and collected catch and genetic information on this fish to help further evaluate and direct future stocking and management efforts. Data from all eligible ShareLunkers from O.H. Ivie will continue to be collected by TPWD through the rest of the season. Because of Zachary’s willingness to donate and coordinate with TPWD to provide this valuable data (including all other eligible anglers) he will receive all prizes and accolades associated with the Legacy Class, including a fiberglass replica of his Lunker. Thank you, Zachary for your contribution to bigger, better bass in Texas!

NOTE: The spawning collection season is still underway through the end of March and ShareLunker’s will continue to be transported to the Lunker Bunker at TFFC until capacity is reached or the close of the season."

Huh? and they just picked up the Tommy Law SAL today?
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 01:49 AM

thumb
Posted By: jiggmann

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 01:50 AM

They have enough from Ivie they will still take some from other lakes way I read it I could be wrong though
Posted By: David Burton

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by jiggmann
They have enough from Ivie they will still take some from other lakes way I read it I could be wrong though

You read right. They expect some other lakes to produce and want to save room in the bunker for them!

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 02:09 AM

So did they not pick up the 17 caught after that 14?
Posted By: jiggmann

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by SC-001

That’s a good question!!
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 03:24 AM

That’s a good question!!

My source has confirmed that the 17.06 from Ivie is at the Lunker Bunker in Athens and is stable. She is recuperating from being fizzed & sedated prior to the ride to Athens. .
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ken A.

That’s a good question!!

My source has confirmed that the 17.06 from Ivie is at the Lunker Bunker in Athens and is stable. She is recuperating from being fizzed & sedated prior to the ride to Athens. .

Ken, did you ever hear if the 16 caught by Millikens buddy made it back to Ivie?

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

That’s a good question!!

Ken, did you ever hear if the 16 caught by Millikens buddy made it back to Ivie?

I will find out and post it here.

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 03:51 AM

thumb I don’t know if they post that info on their page, hopefully she survived and made it back. Would be kinda funny if the 17 was the same fish.
Posted By: heb-bass

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 05:46 AM

So no more from Ivie they say, cool. So what if another 17, or even 18, comes out of there again? Are they still cling to their guns?!!!

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by heb-bass
So no more from Ivie they say, cool. So what if another 17, or even 18, comes out of there again? Are they still cling to their guns?!!!

Bass Pro will pay big money for that 17
Posted By: T Bird

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 01:04 PM

The number of huge fish coming out of Ivie is pretty amazing.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 01:53 PM

Ken find out how many have died this year.
Posted By: 9094

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 02:03 PM

This 14 was caught yesterday, a day after the 17.

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett

Will do

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 02:47 PM

That’s a good question!!

TPWD is building a new Lunker exhibit display tank for the public. Several anglers have chosen to donate their fish to this program. One of them is Joe McKay that caught the 16.40 last year at Ivie. She is alive & well and pushing 18 pounds.

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 02:50 PM

TPWD is building a new Lunker exhibit display tank for the public. Several anglers have chosen to donate their fish to this program. One of them is Joe McKay that caught the 16.40 last year at Ivie. She is alive & well and pushing 18 pounds.

eeks That is awesome!
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 02:57 PM

eeks That is awesome!

Makes you wonder just how big it will get. Those fish are crazy! I caught a couple 6’s and a 4 last Saturday and thought I was having one of those days memories were made of…and this one fish weighs more than all of them together. Hahaha. Nuts
Posted By: TXanalogkd

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 03:12 PM

Amazing and it makes me happy that O.H. Ivie is still producing big fish.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 03:44 PM

. [/quote]

Ken, did you ever hear if the 16 caught by Millikens buddy made it back to Ivie?[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow, pretty good growth in a year for a mature fish, wonder how old the fish is?

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett

Will do

None have died
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

eeks That is awesome!

Makes you wonder just how big it will get. Those fish are crazy! I caught a couple 6’s and a 4 last Saturday and thought I was having one of those days memories were made of…and this one fish weighs more than all of them together. Hahaha. Nuts

Full diet of trout and not having fluctuations in water temp or moving more than 3ft to eat will put serious weight on those fish

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by 9094

Assumed they were talking about the 14 from Monday https://texasfishingforum.com/forum.../re-17-lbr-alert-josh-jones#Post14296673 Were there two 14lbers that didn't make the trip to athens???

Re: SAL leaves one behind - 02/26/22 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by 9094

Assumed they were talking about the 14 from Monday https://texasfishingforum.com/forum.../re-17-lbr-alert-josh-jones#Post14296673 Were there two 14lbers that didn't make the trip to athens???

Sounded like JJ’s 14 was a repost. I can’t keep up with this stuff anymore, threads claiming he caught the 17. Then said it was on his boat. Nope, now not on the boat. Used active target, nope, used LS. Repost from last fall, none of it makes any sense anymore.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum