Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts

Posted By: Jacob wilson

Ray Roberts - 02/22/22 02:01 PM

New to fishing Ray Roberts making the switch after fishing lake lewisville my entire life and was hoping to get some tips on how to find them there and what they’re usually eating, thank you!

Tight lines
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Ray Roberts - 02/22/22 02:28 PM

I've had luck on moving baits at Ray Roberts; square bills, small spinner baits, topwaters, crankbaits. I tend to catch them a little deeper on Ray Roberts compared to Lewisville.

Lewisville, I've had more success on Trigged craws/creature baits and jigs.

Maybe Lewisville is more of a crawfish lake and Ray Roberts is more of a shad/baitfish lake.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Ray Roberts - 02/22/22 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
I've had luck on moving baits at Ray Roberts; square bills, small spinner baits, topwaters, crankbaits. I tend to catch them a little deeper on Ray Roberts compared to Lewisville.

Lewisville, I've had more success on Trigged craws/creature baits and jigs.

Maybe Lewisville is more of a crawfish lake and Ray Roberts is more of a shad/baitfish lake.

Very similar experience here....Ray Roberts is my home lake and I can say, I spend more time with a crank or jerk bait in my hand than other lakes around here.
Posted By: Jacob wilson

Re: Ray Roberts - 02/24/22 04:25 PM

Thank y’all for the tips I’ve had most luck on lewisville with jigs and the one bass I have caught on roberts was on a crank bait
Posted By: Theroofingguy

Re: Ray Roberts - 02/25/22 01:46 PM

Roberts is it’s own unique animal for sure, feast or starve….
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum