Texas Fishing Forum

MLF

Posted By: mlatham

MLF - 02/21/22 05:55 PM

Wheeler whacking them and they refuse to show him on the live show. WTH
Posted By: Barrett

Re: MLF - 02/21/22 06:08 PM

Dont like the format but its been some pretty good coverage. They have showed wheeler a hand full of times. Been fun to watch.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: MLF - 02/21/22 06:11 PM

Wheeler is lapping the field, he's not part of the drama of making the cut.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: MLF - 02/21/22 06:18 PM

Yea, he and some others in the top are practicing now, its all about the cut line.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: MLF - 02/21/22 06:24 PM

Randy Howell getting his Jerkbait back by flipping the jig was cool to see.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: MLF - 02/21/22 06:28 PM

MLF is passing BASS and it’s not close anymore. Dave “Theasswhip” Mercer is killing their weigh ins and losing viewers for them. Their weigh ins sound dead. Time for a new announcer who doesn’t sound like nails on a chalk board.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: MLF - 02/21/22 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
MLF is passing BASS and it’s not close anymore. Dave “Theasswhip” Mercer is killing their weigh ins and losing viewers for them. Their weigh ins sound dead. Time for a new announcer who doesn’t sound like nails on a chalk board.

JT and Marty Stone arent that good either! roflmao
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: MLF - 02/21/22 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey

Agreed. Listening to the announcers on mlf is like watching paint dry. It is painful. The coverage isn't exactly great either, but I have b****ed about them enough I am trying to give them a fair shot, but it is hard. BASS this last week was way more entertaining.
Posted By: Caymas Cx 21

Re: MLF - 02/21/22 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Sinkey

Terrible is more like it, stone sounds like a robot.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: MLF - 02/21/22 08:39 PM

I’d take Mercer over Stone any day.

Re: MLF - 02/21/22 08:48 PM

Yeah. The problem is so many of us got used to the GOAT (Zona) and good luck matching him! He’s the best to ever do it. Btw, J-Wheel is ridiculous good and Alton Jones is an absolute beating.
Posted By: buda13

Re: MLF - 02/21/22 11:37 PM

I like the coverage… except for Marty Stone. He makes me want to bang my head into a wall after the first hour.

I’m going to go ahead and predict a SAL gets caught tomorrow.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: MLF - 02/22/22 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by buda13
I like the coverage… except for Marty Stone. He makes me want to bang my head into a wall after the first hour.

He is the only person on TV that my Wife cannot listen to. I record everything and just fast-forward through his lame-a$$ commentary.

Re: MLF - 02/22/22 12:42 AM

Marty The Party Stone predicted the same thing. Why are ya’ll saying that? Weather change?
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: MLF - 02/22/22 01:11 AM

For one...Wheeler's coverage froze a few too many times where he was at. Seemed convenient though. When you're killing the competition the focus turned to the cut line as it always does.
Posted By: otay michael

Re: MLF - 02/22/22 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
For one...Wheeler's coverage froze a few too many times where he was at. Seemed convenient though. When you're killing the competition the focus turned to the cut line as it always does.

exactly. I love it all, I learn so much. Many of us don't have mentors and it's how we learn new patterns. I love the fact most of the anglers are asked about their thinking processes at the moment, and they give it up. Priceless. KVD is the best at giving up his plans. Love Jt, he's funnier than heck, and Marty and he are opposites, I think they work well together. Guess you could color me a non-complainer! I don't get to watch it live, but do watch every second on the recording. Nice you can fast forward over the commercials too. Ciao.
Posted By: Walker61

Re: MLF - 02/22/22 01:35 AM

I really like the format. Keeps the run away from being boring. I love to see pros rolling and struggling. I root for guys on the cut line. I can’t wait to see what Wednesday brings! Mercer is a great guy I’m sure. But man get some new bits and work on being less annoying. He is the king of annoying. He is far more annoying than the Marty “Pattern within the pattern”, Stone. I find MLF far more entertaining than BASS. But just my opinion .
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF - 02/22/22 02:42 AM

Come on now, don't know about that, MLF does seem to have the better production quality right now but the hard core tournmament guys have definitely aligned with supporting BASS problem is thats a very small number compared to other sports fans, real question is can MLF gain that many or more casual sports fans
Posted By: Neches

Re: MLF - 02/22/22 02:53 AM

Surely somewhere in this world there is another Ray Scott to do weigh ins. Find him and BASS and MLF can share him. Mercer and Jones are terrible.
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: MLF - 02/22/22 03:10 AM

I reallly like the MLF Announce team. Sanders and Zona are just silly... especially Zona.. he thinks everything he says is funny.. and it isn't. Davey is better to listen to.. I think he can relate what is going on on the water. But I'll take the MLF guys any day.
BD
Posted By: Jimmie Moreland

Re: MLF - 02/22/22 12:25 PM

I like fishing, I like to watch fishing. The MLF format however, is not for me nor is the duo of Marty Stone & JT Kinney 🥴

Re: MLF - 02/22/22 07:49 PM

Yeah. The problem is so many of us got used to the GOAT (Zona) and good luck matching him! He’s the best to ever do it. Btw, J-Wheel is ridiculous good and Alton Jones is an absolute beating.

Well Alton is beating the field right now. Tomorrow in the ice should be entertaining.

Re: MLF - 02/22/22 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001

Well Alton is beating the field right now. Tomorrow in the ice should be entertaining.

Great fisherman...... beating to listen too, no doubt the guy can fish cheers

Re: MLF - 02/22/22 08:14 PM

Scott Suggs is so whiney ……. Wow
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: MLF - 02/22/22 08:45 PM

I love the MLF format. I am all for catching numbers of fish and hate watching guys fish for 5 bites all day. That's like watching paint dry for me
Posted By: emorydog

Re: MLF - 02/22/22 10:13 PM

Wonder if they are going to postpone the next two days of ice/freezing rain and high near 35...and fish fri/sat when the weather is slightly above suck getting to a balmy 47. Bass Champs will pressing those guys on the spots if they get the 325 teams that usually show.

Re: MLF - 02/22/22 10:37 PM

Did they call it early, went to check score tracker and looks like the event is finished for the day?
Posted By: Hulapoppin

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 12:08 AM

Mercer sucks! So does BASS.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
I love the MLF format. I am all for catching numbers of fish and hate watching guys fish for 5 bites all day. That's like watching paint dry for me

I am 180 on this. MLF bores me. Rarely watch it. Prefer BASS.

Probably why both will exist.
Posted By: justin45

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 03:24 AM

Well looks like they weighed 90% slot fish that wouldn't count in any other tournament on Fork.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 03:33 AM

Originally Posted by justin45
Well looks like they weighed 90% slot fish that wouldn't count in any other tournament on Fork.

Ok. What's your point?
Posted By: Rockfisherman

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 05:23 AM

Tough call

I am sure they want to avoid tomorrow
(With those temps predicted, ramps could freeze up
and pulling boats off of steep low water ramp becomes an issue)

Thursday for knockout (looks to be more drizzle but above freezing
But delayed start?)

Friday final
(No way they want to fish with champs on Saturday
That is a cf waiting to happen)
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 05:33 AM

ALL the pro tours that fish Fork are catch/weigh/release. Not sure what your point is. And Suggs makes me insane too. Stay on! PLEASE stay on!
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Rockfisherman
Tough call

I am sure they want to avoid tomorrow
(With those temps predicted, ramps could freeze up
and pulling boats off of steep low water ramp becomes an issue)

Thursday for knockout (looks to be more drizzle but above freezing
But delayed start?)

Friday final
(No way they want to fish with champs on Saturday
That is a cf waiting to happen)

Wednesday is knockout and Thursday is final barring any delays.

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 11:47 AM

The anglers are already at the lake, extremely minimal travel is required, and the Winter Storm Warning doesn’t include the Fork area… just under a “Watch”. If anything is at risk of delay I’d think it to be the championship round IF the after midnight round of precip turns out to be heavier than forecasted. We’ll see!
Posted By: hopalong

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 12:00 PM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: hopalong

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 12:04 PM

alba for today

DAY

32°
Hi
RealFeel® 27°
Cold
RealFeel Shade™ 27°
Cold
2/23
Cloudy and very cold with occasional rain
ALERTS
Winter Weather Advisory

6:00 AM Wednesday - 6:00 PM Thursday

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by hopalong
alba for today

DAY

32°
Hi
RealFeel® 27°
Cold
RealFeel Shade™ 27°
Cold
2/23
Cloudy and very cold with occasional rain
ALERTS
Winter Weather Advisory

6:00 AM Wednesday - 6:00 PM Thursday

But will a Big be caught?

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 03:00 PM

Well they are out there....fishing away
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 03:00 PM

Connell already has a double digit in the boat.

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 03:02 PM

I'm talking true SAL, Josh Jones style flame

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 03:07 PM

Sure does show that bass eat even in the craziest of weather swings....9, 10, and now an 8.9 from Ebare

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
I'm talking true SAL, Josh Jones style flame

That guy sure owns a lot of real estate in a lot of guys heads. I will leave that drama for yall to sort out.........
.as for some reality Fork is fishing pretty damn good conditions wise. flehan

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 03:23 PM

Considering the conditionsI'd say they are catching them pretty damn good. I am more impressed with catching big slots and some overstay I am tournament drinks out there. If they were just catch 15-16"fish it would be boring as hell.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by SoCal Tom

ALL the pro tours that fish Fork are catch/weigh/release. Not sure what your point is. And Suggs makes me insane too. Stay on! PLEASE stay on!

Keepers versus non-keepers I suppose. Britt Meyers made the cut by only catching 7 scorable in 2 days.

The coverage is great with a lot of fish catches.

Wheeler will win it as long as he can relocate his fish
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 03:34 PM

We used to start every media tourney before May in the area where Ebare is fishing. That's an awesome pre and post spawn spot.

There will be a gang of jerkers there for the next 3 months, lol.
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Fishspanker
Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2

I am 180 on this. MLF bores me. Rarely watch it. Prefer BASS.

Probably why both will exist.

Exactly...everyone's preferences don't line up, so both will continue on just fine....(there's a reason there are a dozen or so different wrestling organizations going fairly strong throughout the years, though it makes mo sense to me why...)....different strokes for all

.....and if something bores you, or irritates you, or drives you to the point of venting on social media about it.......continually....just don't watch it, or pay any of your time or attention to it
Posted By: Walker61

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 07:34 PM

Championship moved to Friday. Man the bite pretty good today for those conditions.
Posted By: otay michael

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 10:41 PM

[align:center][/align]
Originally Posted by Walker61
Championship moved to Friday. Man the bite pretty good today for those conditions.

That's GREAT news. They cancelled the final third of the event today as they said the ramps were going to ice up this afternoon and they would not be able to get the boats out. Wow, can't believe Dallas gets such sleet!

And yes, they caught them good today, but as the commentators said, the water was 20 degrees warmer than the air still. Probably not by tomorrow huh?

Re: MLF - 02/23/22 11:29 PM

I think we’re learning that if your good with FFS there are always fish biting no matter what conditions exist.

Re: MLF - 02/24/22 12:37 AM

I think we’re learning that if your good with FFS there are always fish biting no matter what conditions exist.

Exactly!
Posted By: speedcrawler

Re: MLF - 02/24/22 01:33 AM

Like BASS but love the MLF format. Great anglers in both, bad commentators in both. I like MLF because no fish have to be transported to a weigh in that you already know who won and you don't ever have to listen to Mercer say GGGGGgiant bass. That was old after 1 year.
Posted By: NTX Angler

Re: MLF - 02/24/22 01:54 AM

Great time to get those reels tuned up

Re: MLF - 02/24/22 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by speedcrawler
Like BASS but love the MLF format. Great anglers in both, bad commentators in both. I like MLF because no fish have to be transported to a weigh in that you already know who won and you don't ever have to listen to Mercer say GGGGGgiant bass. That was old after 1 year.

I watch both and wish they would not schedule on top of each other for live, NPFL don't pay attention to so much. As far as the fish care model I do think its time for BASS to go catch weigh release on the water like they do like they have been doing for Texas Fest/Fork Elite events etc.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum