Texas Fishing Forum

EDIT ---- SAM RAYBURN: Deerstand Danger!

Posted By: Clark Reehm

EDIT ---- SAM RAYBURN: Deerstand Danger! - 02/19/22 10:21 PM

Just because you've run the boat there safely a thousand times doesn't mean it is safe. On a recent guide trip to Sam Rayburn, we watched numerous boats run within feet of this giant stump that is barely under the water because they have run through that very spot numerous times when the water was at full pool.

EDIT: My apologies. For some reason when I made the waypoint it wasn't correct or I selected the wrong one to copy. Here is the correct waypoint right in the entrance as the incorrect one posted in the video is in the back of the pocket. Sorry for any confusion.

31° 15.943'N
94° 21.455'W

Posted By: pacertom

Re: SAM RAYBURN: Deerstand Danger! - 02/19/22 10:52 PM

Yep!! I Stay at Hanks Creek and run the Deer stand when there, I was trolling in that same area and had an Oh [censored] moment cause I KNOW I had run that before. And that's right at the ~20ft water mark right?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: SAM RAYBURN: Deerstand Danger! - 02/20/22 04:54 AM

Yes Sir those will do some damage for sure! eeks
Posted By: ETxRT

Re: SAM RAYBURN: Deerstand Danger! - 02/20/22 05:28 AM

Thank you so much Clark for posting the coordinates and showing the stumps! This are at a dangerous level below the water! Hopefully people will see this and save themselves some heartache and potential pain!
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: SAM RAYBURN: Deerstand Danger! - 02/20/22 07:41 AM

Thanks for the heads up! Planning on being up there in a few weeks. Will punch in those numbers to help keep me safe.
Posted By: prosise

Re: SAM RAYBURN: Deerstand Danger! - 02/20/22 10:13 AM

Kudos for sharing. Might have just saved someone's life.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Clark Reehm

Re: SAM RAYBURN: Deerstand Danger! - 02/22/22 04:11 AM

My apologies. For some reason when I made the waypoint it wasn't correct or I selected the wrong one to copy. Here is the correct waypoint right in the entrance as the incorrect one posted in the video is in the back of the pocket. Sorry for any confusion.

31° 15.943'N
94° 21.455'W
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum