Texas Fishing Forum

The Most Eye Opening Piece of Data From Our Study So Far - Todd's Words On Where They Are Finding the Fish

Posted By: KenTx1962

The Most Eye Opening Piece of Data From Our Study So Far - Todd's Words On Where They Are Finding the Fish - 02/17/22 03:36 PM

Posted By: RayBob

Re: The Most Eye Opening Piece of Data From Our Study So Far - Todd's Words On Where They Are Finding the Fish - 02/17/22 04:06 PM

Very interesting stuff right there.
Posted By: bassnman

Re: The Most Eye Opening Piece of Data From Our Study So Far - Todd's Words On Where They Are Finding the Fish - 02/17/22 04:27 PM

The flats finding is definitely surprising.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: The Most Eye Opening Piece of Data From Our Study So Far - Todd's Words On Where They Are Finding the Fish - 02/17/22 04:49 PM

Thanks Ken. thumb
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: The Most Eye Opening Piece of Data From Our Study So Far - Todd's Words On Where They Are Finding the Fish - 02/17/22 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by bassnman
The flats finding is definitely surprising.

Agree, would not have guessed flats were as important to holding fish.
Posted By: doctorb

Re: The Most Eye Opening Piece of Data From Our Study So Far - Todd's Words On Where They Are Finding the Fish - 02/17/22 09:25 PM

I'm not that surprised that the flats would hold that many fish. But I bet there is a huge difference between flats with grass/cover versus barren flats.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: The Most Eye Opening Piece of Data From Our Study So Far - Todd's Words On Where They Are Finding the Fish - 02/17/22 11:11 PM

Something that catches my attention with these fish being on nothing flats 41% of the time is I chase breaking schooling fish on Fork in the fall. The way I do it is almost like squirrel hunting, I just pullup to a point or cove and listen for them and then start chasing them with a lipless crankbait. Sometimes once I ease into position to hit these schools they aren't on or following any kind of structure they are totally focused on chasing the school of shad and just go wherever they go. OK we can't see these balls of shad unless they break the surface, but they should be doing the same thing below the surface. The shad are just trying to get away and there really shouldn't be a rhyme or reason for the direction or area they go into other than ESCAPE., so I could see the bass being on the shallow flats just for that reason. They may be there feeding or they may be there after they have gorged themselves on shad and just resting since they were already there to begin with from feeding. My two cents.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: The Most Eye Opening Piece of Data From Our Study So Far - Todd's Words On Where They Are Finding the Fish - 02/17/22 11:21 PM

Informative video. Thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: The Most Eye Opening Piece of Data From Our Study So Far - Todd's Words On Where They Are Finding the Fish - 02/18/22 03:51 AM

Great stuff!
Posted By: BadgerBass

Re: The Most Eye Opening Piece of Data From Our Study So Far - Todd's Words On Where They Are Finding the Fish - 02/18/22 08:12 PM

Great video & information! As a Biochemistry major that is managing 2 private bass lakes it's very relevant. I would love to get a breakdown by % of where the fish were in the 6 structure areas
Posted By: R83steve

Re: The Most Eye Opening Piece of Data From Our Study So Far - Todd's Words On Where They Are Finding the Fish - 02/18/22 08:41 PM

Thanks for posting. It also confirmed fishing ideas that I have formed over fifty years.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: The Most Eye Opening Piece of Data From Our Study So Far - Todd's Words On Where They Are Finding the Fish - 02/18/22 08:45 PM

This is why Wheeler and KVD are the 2 of the most accomplished anglers in modern times. It makes sense.
Posted By: 521Rangerman

Re: The Most Eye Opening Piece of Data From Our Study So Far - Todd's Words On Where They Are Finding the Fish - 02/18/22 10:25 PM

Great information.
Posted By: jbsoonerfan

Re: The Most Eye Opening Piece of Data From Our Study So Far - Todd's Words On Where They Are Finding the Fish - 02/18/22 11:07 PM

Excellent video!!!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum