Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing Sheldon Resevoir

Posted By: gut hooked

Fishing Sheldon Resevoir - 02/14/22 08:56 PM

I hit Sheldon Friday. I ran into a couple of Game Wardens who were very courteous and professional. When they asked me if I went there often, I said that I quit going about the time the last round of break-ins occurred. They stated that they worked hard to get the situation under control and encouraged me to go more often. I caught one Friday and one Sunday afternoon. The fishing was tough for me, but I have a lot to learn about the place.

I caught both fish throwing a white chatter bait on a flat of pad stems. There is a ton of hydrilla in the lake about an inch below the surface. It made the fishing tough.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Fishing Sheldon Resevoir - 02/15/22 12:45 AM

I've had excellent days there and bad days. It can be a great fishery
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Fishing Sheldon Resevoir - 02/15/22 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by gut hooked
I hit Sheldon Friday. I ran into a couple of Game Wardens who were very courteous and professional. When they asked me if I went there often, I said that I quit going about the time the last round of break-ins occurred. They stated that they worked hard to get the situation under control and encouraged me to go more often. I caught one Friday and one Sunday afternoon. The fishing was tough for me, but I have a lot to learn about the place.

I caught both fish throwing a white chatter bait on a flat of pad stems. There is a ton of hydrilla in the lake about an inch below the surface. It made the fishing tough.

Wow. Game Wardens. In all of the times I have been on Sheldon, I have never seen them there. I am glad to see them show up.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum