Texas Fishing Forum

Carpet versus SeaDek

Posted By: BCOU

Carpet versus SeaDek - 02/14/22 01:06 AM

The carpet on my boat is 12 years old now and it will need replacement soon. Anyone change to SeaDek or other replacement options besides carpet ?? Pros and Cons ??
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Carpet versus SeaDek - 02/14/22 01:13 AM

I did, see my post Boat Arrived. Love the way it looks.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Carpet versus SeaDek - 02/14/22 01:17 AM

100% seadek or other branded alternatives out there. Really your question should be about adding the cushion padding under the seadek or going straight seadek. I used to think I messed up by not adding the cushioning under my hydroturf...but ive read guys say theyve had issues with it.

I run hydroturf on my deck and wouldve done the whole boat if i recarpeted it all at the same time. Stuffs great. It kinda stains easier than carpet...but cleans up way easier to so its almost a wash!
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: Carpet versus SeaDek - 02/14/22 02:23 PM

1000% recommend seadeck
Posted By: mossyback75

Re: Carpet versus SeaDek - 02/14/22 09:09 PM

Wish I had 100% SeaDek. Soon as carpet wears out im going for it.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Carpet versus SeaDek - 02/14/22 09:32 PM

I have lids without latches just nylon loops that are carpet fit, whats the solution with seadek to keep those closed or does it not work and you have to instead go with a safefloor type material?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Carpet versus SeaDek - 02/14/22 10:53 PM

Seadeck looks like [censored] on the rod boxes and tackle boxes. It looks good in center floor area, but the 1 in gaps between the locker doors looks ghetto.
Posted By: Texasrebel649

Re: Carpet versus SeaDek - 02/14/22 11:22 PM

Seadek all the way. Easy cleanup when your day on the water is done.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Carpet versus SeaDek - 02/14/22 11:29 PM

To be honest with you if you have it done it is prohibitively expensive. I have also seen a few offshore boats that it has not help up well on due to rocks in shoes. Buddy of mine just did two 500 quart fish boxes and that was $2000. My best advice would be to price it before getting excited about it. It can be offered as an option cheaper because they have all the patterns. To have someone come out, measure your boat then install is a whole different animal.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Carpet versus SeaDek - 02/15/22 12:44 AM

Seadek
Posted By: 4967

Re: Carpet versus SeaDek - 02/15/22 01:05 AM

Will never go back to carpet.
This was 5 years ago.
Still going strong.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Duke 22

Re: Carpet versus SeaDek - 02/15/22 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Seadeck looks like [censored] on the rod boxes and tackle boxes. It looks good in center floor area, but the 1 in gaps between the locker doors looks ghetto.

I agree, I like the concept and ease of maintenance but the finished look on the compartments is not real appealing. I haven't seen any on a Phoenix like mine so until I do it's padded carpet for me.
Posted By: emorydog

Re: Carpet versus SeaDek - 02/15/22 04:11 PM

Prefer the hybrid ...carpet on front deck and back deck and then sea deck in the cockpit floor and the rod lockers. Don’t know why they still put carpet in rod lockers, it just holds moisture.
Posted By: Slicefixer

Re: Carpet versus SeaDek - 02/15/22 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by emorydog
Prefer the hybrid ...carpet on front deck and back deck and then sea deck in the cockpit floor and the rod lockers. Don’t know why they still put carpet in rod lockers, it just holds moisture.

/\/\/\/\100%\/\/\/\/\

That's what I decided to do on my boat.....built out own marine grade carpet and Amazon "Sea-Dek." Installed it all myself and, while a tedious and labor intensive endeavor, it turned out pretty good.
Posted By: Reel Addict

Re: Carpet versus SeaDek - 02/16/22 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Slicefixer

/\/\/\/\100%\/\/\/\/\

That's what I decided to do on my boat.....built out own marine grade carpet and Amazon "Sea-Dek." Installed it all myself and, while a tedious and labor intensive endeavor, it turned out pretty good.

Got any pics?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Carpet versus SeaDek - 02/17/22 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by Reel Addict
Originally Posted by Slicefixer

/\/\/\/\100%\/\/\/\/\

Got any pics?

I want pics too. I installed new carpet and padding on the front and rear of my Skeeter. Have yet to do the console floor and was leaning towards a do-it-yourself kinda foam flooring.

Thank ya.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum