Texas Fishing Forum

Question for you rod experts

Posted By: tx6158

Question for you rod experts - 02/13/22 08:12 PM

I just received my order of 3 Falcon lowriders from the falcon website. Fast shipping, so that was great. Unfortunately I was supposed to receive their wacky/weightless worm version Model LFC-67MH but received the finesse jig version instead. Model LFC-610MH.
Details appear to be about the same. I don’t have any plans to ever finesse jig but any thoughts should I just live with what they sent more or go through the hassle of doing an exchange?

MODEL LFC-610MH
NAME Finesse Jig
POWER 5
ACTION MH
FLEX MF
LENGTH 6'10"
LINE WT. 10-20 lb.
LURE WT. 3/16-5/8 oz.
HANDLE Split
PRICE $129.99

MODEL LFC-67MH
NAME Weightless Worm
pOWER 5
ACTION MH
FLEX MF
LENGTH 6'7"
LINE WT. 12-20 Ib.
LURE WT. 1/4-3/4 oz.
HANDLE Split
PRICE $129.99
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Question for you rod experts - 02/13/22 09:27 PM

I have both. I like both for similar baits. Probably prefer the weightless worm just slightly. I wouldn’t exchange it.
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: Question for you rod experts - 02/13/22 09:57 PM

3 inches on a rod is a big difference in my opinion, so it depends on what you're looking for. I personally would not want a 6ft 7in rod, but that's just me.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Question for you rod experts - 02/13/22 10:02 PM

I have several 6-10 rods in that same lure weight rating and really like them. I would keep it if I was you. Great for light weight stuff. It makes a great drop shot rod for finesse baits.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Question for you rod experts - 02/13/22 10:13 PM

My falcon weightless worm rod is way to soft to throw a weightless senko/fluke. It's good for a wacky worm and that's about it. I'd be happy with that mess up
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Question for you rod experts - 02/13/22 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Fishspanker
I have both. I like both for similar baits. Probably prefer the weightless worm just slightly. I wouldn’t exchange it.

I have 3 of every rod they made in the Lowrider series last year. I have two weightless worm rods with the tags still on em. It is easily my least favorite weight/length they have made. I only use one and it’s for small lipless cranks.

The 6’10” finesse jig is a much more useable rod, IMO.
Posted By: Barn

Re: Question for you rod experts - 02/13/22 10:28 PM

You will be happy with the finesse jig model. I use the weightless for wacky worm. I use the finesse jig for texposed weightless, light t-trig, shaky head, finesse jig, etc. It seems more versatile. I would send a note and picture telling them they sent the wrong rod. They may go ahead and send you the weightless too.

I had them send me a rod and the the rod tube was smashed. I sent them a pic and they sent me another rod and said keep the potentially damaged one too. I've always had ready good customer service from Falcon.

Posted By: tx6158

Re: Question for you rod experts - 02/14/22 04:19 AM

Appreciate the input. I probably need something versatile. I don’t need anymore than 10 rods in the boat anyways because I will keep trying the same 3 techniques all day long and still wonder why I’m not catching fish. Haha
Posted By: Bofish

Re: Question for you rod experts - 02/14/22 04:46 PM

I have 2 of the 6'10" Eakins Jig rods and a 6'7" weightless worm. Prefer the 6'10" Eakins Jig rod. Extremely versatile. Weightless worm rod is god for wacky worm and squarebills
Posted By: TheHaydonSmith

Re: Question for you rod experts - 02/15/22 03:47 PM

We have the weightless worm, on wacky worm it’s so light the fish pulls you around and under the boat and you can’t control it…. I’d be happy with what you received vs what you ordered
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Question for you rod experts - 02/15/22 04:42 PM

I would not exchange it. Basically the same rod just a little longer. And to be honest with you....the 6'10" is way more versatile. You can use it for a bunch of things!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum