Texas Fishing Forum

MLF @ Fork

Posted By: Darin S.

MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 06:49 PM

How do you Fork guys think it play out with the lake being 6 feet low?

What kinda weights we gonna see at the top? Are guys going to be fishing on top of each other?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 06:59 PM

I think we are gonna see some really good fish caught with higher than normal weights per fish average. I don't think they will catch numbers but I think the quality will be stout.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 07:02 PM

If it were a 5 fish limit between 30 and 40 pound a day...
With the way they do it, I have no idea how to gauge weight or where the cutoff will be.
Posted By: HARD WORKN HAROLD

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I think we are gonna see some really good fish caught with higher than normal weights per fish average. I don't think they will catch numbers but I think the quality will be stout.

YUP! Get ready for Bass Champs to set an all time high for entries. Just a guess. These guys will smash'em. thumb

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 07:18 PM

Will FFS in the timber be a popular pattern? Or is the lake to low?

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 07:22 PM

How long will it take for Alton Jones to find the leader and move into his area? roflmao
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Darin S.
How long will it take for Alton Jones to find the leader and move into his area? roflmao

roflmao thumb

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 08:13 PM

FFS???

It'll be jigs and jerks on creek channel bends in staging areas!

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by David Burton

FFS???

As well as Elvis..... woot

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 08:43 PM

FFS???

FFS= Livescope
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

roflmao thumb

That dude seriously has a nose for doing that, was doing it again in Louisana last week.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 08:48 PM

What kinda weights we gonna see at the top? Are guys going to be fishing on top of each other?

I hope the Fork event is like the last MLF they had and it really has that potential not many catches but some big bites and maybe some bigger than they had at Caney and Bussey Brake.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

roflmao thumb

That dude seriously has a nose for doing that, was doing it again in Louisana last week.

Yep. Moved right in on Roy and almost beat him. They need to stop giving the anglers names when the official gives them an update.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 08:56 PM

I hope the Fork event is like the last MLF they had and it really has that potential not many catches but some big bites and maybe some bigger than they had at Caney and Bussey Brake.

MLF has done great job picking lakes the last couple of years. I remember a lake in North Carolina last year they blew the top off.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 09:11 PM

Yep power plant lake if I’m not mistaken. Didn’t Jacob Pawroznik win?

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 09:19 PM

Yep power plant lake if I’m not mistaken. Didn’t Jacob Pawroznik win?

It was The Heavy Hitters event and Alton Jones won. Sprague won 50k for BB. Shareon Harris was the lake that impressed me the most and yes it’s a power plant lake.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 09:51 PM

Yep. Moved right in on Roy and almost beat him. They need to stop giving the anglers names when the official gives them an update.

No thats part of their game, its a different game. Swindle was talking about not knowing what the other anglers had in Live mix today, BASS initially allowed anglers to check basstrak throughout the day but then in 2016 they voted to not allow it, I would guess to keep their game in line with the grass roots.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 09:55 PM

No thats part of their game, its a different game. Swindle was talking about not knowing what the other anglers had in Live mix today, BASS initially allowed anglers to check basstrak throughout the day but then in 2016 they voted to not allow it, I would guess to keep their game in line with the grass roots.

Well there’s at least one guy who’s abusing the score tracker imo. I’m fine with giving them the standing just don’t give them names.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 10:07 PM

They want the drama, if someone wants to wear the black hat so be it
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 10:36 PM

I’m going next Saturday to fish Fork because it looks like it will be the only weekend I’ll have available in February to go after the early spawners. I just don’t want to interfere with these guys because of what they have riding on this tournament. If Fork is excessively crowded I’ll tow over to Holbrook.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 10:47 PM

roflmao

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

roflmao

I want to like the guy because he's from Texas but I also remember someone saying he followed the leader into a creek he hadn't fished all week on the final day of a BASS event.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 11:17 PM

That was Sabine River. He followed Dean Rojas and fished his water. It was pretty bad.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 11:22 PM

roflmao

I want to like the guy because he's from Texas but I also remember someone saying he followed the leader into a creek he hadn't fished all week on the final day of a BASS event.

pro level hole buzzard ?

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 11:43 PM

roflmao

pro level hole buzzard ?

Yup. He is from Wacko…do we claim Wackoens as Texans? I say no.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/12/22 11:48 PM

FFS???

Everybody is fishing that pattern right now. Thats been a staple prespawn pattern dang near since the 90’s. That will get them weight but won’t get them numbers. There’s another pattern right now I know of that’s throwing numbers and weight. But will keep it tight lipped since Champs is coming up for some guys.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/13/22 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sinkey

FFS???

Everybody is fishing that pattern right now. Thats been a staple prespawn pattern dang near since the 90’s. That will get them weight but won’t get them numbers. There’s another pattern right now I know of that’s throwing numbers and weight. But will keep it tight lipped since Champs is coming up for some guys.

I'm sure a couple of the MLF pros will figure out the pattern you're talking about and the Champs guys will be following. Might as well spill it.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/13/22 12:41 AM

Randy Howell caught a 12-14 on Bussy Brake. Love to see them catch one like that on Fork. Just watched this video. One armed hook set! Amazing fish

[Linked Image]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL9nB-tYbNw
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/13/22 12:57 AM

Yup. He is from Wacko…do we claim Wackoens as Texans? I say no.

His MLF profile says Lorena now, maybe Wacko don’t claim him roflmao

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/13/22 12:57 AM

FFS???

I'm sure a couple of the MLF pros will figure out the pattern you're talking about and the Champs guys will be following. Might as well spill it.

freaking slinky rig!

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/13/22 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by SoCal Tom
Randy Howell caught a 12-14 on Bussy Brake. Love to see them catch one like that on Fork. Just watched this video. One armed hook set! Amazing fish

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SoCal Tom

[Linked Image]

I saw it live: His wife had reminded him the night before that their son still had the family record with an 11 something because Randy had caught a 10.13 that day. Imagine breaking your PB twice in 2 days, setting the MLF record twice in 2 days and beating your family’s record. Randy seems like a good God fearing family man. Props to him. thumb

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/13/22 04:04 AM

freaking slinky rig!

Sinke-O! roflmao

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/13/22 12:52 PM

FFS???

There will be no secrets after MLF. Everyone fishing Champs will know exactly what patterns these guys were using. I'm still sticking with my prediction of record entries into the Champs event. thumb

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/13/22 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by HARD WORKN HAROLD

FFS???

There will be no secrets after MLF. Everyone fishing Champs will know exactly what patterns these guys were using. I'm still sticking with my prediction of record entries into the Champs event. thumb
This!
thumb
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/13/22 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by HARD WORKN HAROLD

FFS???

Seems like to me in the future if you’re not LScoping you’re fishing for second place. I could be wrong again.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/13/22 06:33 PM

bloo-rainger, I think you are 100% correct. This will be a hunting trip for sure.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/13/22 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)
I’m going next Saturday to fish Fork because it looks like it will be the only weekend I’ll have available in February to go after the early spawners. I just don’t want to interfere with these guys because of what they have riding on this tournament. If Fork is excessively crowded I’ll tow over to Holbrook.

It's going to fish small no matter
Posted By: Rog

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/13/22 08:55 PM

Jigs on creeks and brush piles is the ticket right now. Fish are feeding heavy on crawfish as mouths are all red. Fish are short and fat like the 90s I had 2 9s recently right at 23” and a bunch of 5-7 short slots. Watched a kayak guy pull 6 fish off one tree he said all were 19-23” since they do length he didn’t weigh. Lake is also fishing smaller with water down. They do total weight right? There will be crazy daily totals. The other bite will be stick bait with livescope. I have not been able to find any deep fish. If you going to follow stay tight to runs off the bouys. Lots of timber in play close to runs.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/13/22 09:27 PM

I hope to get to fish sat. at least. I expect a lot of boats but nothing out of the ordinary for a nice weekend this time of yr. pros or not.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/13/22 10:26 PM

That was Sabine River. He followed Dean Rojas and fished his water. It was pretty bad.

Yes that was really bad for him to do.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/14/22 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by hopalong

I hope to get to fish sat. at least. I expect a lot of boats but nothing out of the ordinary for a nice weekend this time of yr. pros or not.

They'll be done by the weekend. Think they are fishing their groups Tuesday - Thursday with Championship Day on Friday.
Posted By: buda13

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/14/22 12:32 PM

The lake is fishing horrible… and I mean HORRIBLE!!!
Took 5 lbs to win JC yesterday and 3lbs to get a check. 6 limits in media on Saturday and 4 lbs to get a check. I’m not saying there aren’t some guys on em, but in 3 days I never saw another boat catch a fish, and it was busy both Friday and Sunday. Saturday was for hardcore anglers only, been a while since I fished in the snow blowing sideways.

I’m interested to see how the MLF guys will do, another big front comes in next weekend, I anticipate similar conditions and water temps to this past weekend. It’ll be like all the other fork tournaments, a couple of guys will smash them but overall the field will struggle, IMO.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/14/22 12:41 PM

Media Teams from Fork 9n Saturday

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gvwire.com/2022/02/07/la-mayor-says-he-held-breath-during-maskless-football-game-photo/%3famp=1
Posted By: crankbait745

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/14/22 01:04 PM

I fished jc yesterday. I caught one good slot fish all day. Good luck to them.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/14/22 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by crankbait745
I fished jc yesterday. I caught one good slot fish all day. Good luck to them.

We only had 4 yesterday. It was tough for sure!

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/14/22 04:08 PM

They'll be done by the weekend. Think they are fishing their groups Tuesday - Thursday with Championship Day on Friday.

They start this Saturday and finish the following Friday, BPT format events are 6 days not 4.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/15/22 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by txmasterpo

No doubt!
Posted By: P_102

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/15/22 05:38 PM

With only 40 (tournament) boats out each day that shouldn’t be a problem.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/15/22 09:17 PM

No doubt!

Hey Sinkey,
5 fish limit no problem last weekend I just fished your water wink

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/15/22 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by buda13
Took 5 lbs to win JC yesterday and 3lbs to get a check. 6 limits in media on Saturday and 4 lbs to get a check. I’m not saying there aren’t some guys on em, but in 3 days I never saw another boat catch a fish, and it was busy both Friday and Sunday. Saturday was for hardcore anglers only, been a while since I fished in the snow blowing sideways.

I’m interested to see how the MLF guys will do, another big front comes in next weekend, I anticipate similar conditions and water temps to this past weekend. It’ll be like all the other fork tournaments, a couple of guys will smash them but overall the field will struggle, IMO.

I had a couple friends out there sunday that had a good day, the lake isn't fishing too bad. MLFers and JC outdoor peeps are not fishing for the same fish

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/15/22 10:40 PM

I had a couple friends out there sunday that had a good day, the lake isn't fishing too bad. MLFers and JC outdoor peeps are not fishing for the same fish

Well thats for sure, that podunkers format would do well on slot lakes, anyone in the area have a club that does that yet?

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/15/22 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by OzzieFish

No doubt!

Hey Sinkey,
5 fish limit no problem last weekend I just fished your water wink

roflmao I was on the opposite side of the lake all weekend! I already know what’s on that side!
Saw you and Scott had a good day. Congrats!!!

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/16/22 02:28 AM

Answered my own question by looking in the bass club section Lake Fork Anglers MLF Format results

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/19/22 05:04 PM

They’re catching some tanks. Roy with a 11.11.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/19/22 09:08 PM

What is Wheelers secret sauce? efficiency?

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/19/22 09:35 PM

What is Wheelers secret sauce? efficiency?

I would say so. Davis has caught the same amount of fish and trails him by 20 pounds.

It's gotten to point where you think he's going to win every tournament or at least be in the top 5.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/19/22 11:34 PM

It's gotten to point where you think he's going to win every tournament or at least be in the top 5.

It's been like that for a couple years already
Posted By: falcotex

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/20/22 02:20 PM

Does anyone know if there are booth/vendors at the take off location?

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/20/22 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by falcotex

Nothing going on... Takeoff appears to be @ Oak Ridge

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/20/22 05:58 PM

They had an activation at the event last week in louisiana, they not doing that for every event? https://majorleaguefishing.com/events/2022-bass-pro-tour-caney-creek/monroe/

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/20/22 07:38 PM

Alton Jones is absolutely killing it this morning 67.03 with an 11.02 big as of this post. I thought Jacob Wheeler was on a tear yesterday, what Alton is doing is just incredible.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/21/22 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by SC-001

They had an activation at the event last week in louisiana, they not doing that for every event? https://majorleaguefishing.com/events/2022-bass-pro-tour-caney-creek/monroe/

Nope, pretty sure all the vendors are getting ready for the Classic the following weekend in Greenville, then hitting the road for the Redcrest in Tulsa!
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/22/22 06:35 PM

roflmao thumb

Alton looking for himself today? roflmao
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/22/22 06:46 PM

Takeoff and out is at OakRidge....I am kind of shocked to see KJ struggling both days like he has.....not expected...

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/22/22 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer

roflmao thumb

So wrong roflmao

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Originally Posted by bassfishinglawyer

roflmao thumb

So wrong roflmao

Congratulations to Alton. Let’s see what he does in the championship round.
Posted By: bloo_rainger

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by buda13

that's a big swing and a miss. roflmao

those guys are just freaks....

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 03:01 PM

It may really be fishing horrible, I talked to a guy earlier in the week at another lake and said he owns a place on Fork and isn't even fishing it right now with the low water and was just shocked how well some of these guys are catching them now.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 03:03 PM

Honestly, there are only a few guys really catching them and if the slot was a factor, it would be awful.

How many overs were actually caught, the fish are fat right now. Maybe a few overs?

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by MagFluker
Honestly, there are only a few guys really catching them and if the slot was a factor, it would be awful.

How many overs were actually caught, the fish are fat right now. Maybe a few overs?

But you only have 20-40 anglers per day on it so several overs spread out is not bad at all.

It's always the same story when BPT or BASS comes here. People will claim the lake is dead and fishing tough but they get here with an open mind and catch them good. Suddenly every local, every guide and every Fork angler knew about that bite for weeks.... grin

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 03:33 PM

Hard to say it's fishing great, only took 7 fish (Britt Meyers) to make the cut. Vinson had to fish hard to make it in the other group with 13

Wheeler was on a pile of them, if he can relocate he'll win it going away

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 03:38 PM

Hard to say it's fishing great, only took 7 fish (Britt Meyers) to make the cut. Vinson had to fish hard to make it in the other group with 13

Wheeler was on a pile of them, if he can relocate he'll win it going away

Considering the conditions a couple of days before the event and now during the event I give them credit and to me the lake is fishing great for the conditions. I am sure others might disagree and thats OK.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 03:48 PM

thumb
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 04:06 PM

They're whacking 8-10lbers out there now. Maybe the lake isn't so dried up after all. I'll take back everything negative that I've said about ole' mutha forker!

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 04:18 PM

Cutting the day to only 2 periods because of ice
Posted By: DBGSIG

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 04:25 PM

Who fishes the slot? The guides don't and from what I have ben hearing, it has been tough on the guides lately.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 04:25 PM

Is it still icing there bad, looking at the radar I don't see it but radar can lie when its freezing fog or frizzle

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 04:26 PM

Is it still icing there bad, looking at the radar I don't see it but radar can lie when its freezing fog or frizzle

yes

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 04:28 PM

Wheeler is going to be hard to take down...not sure if this weather will even up things, or greatly tilt them into his boat....this 2nd period should get good 👍

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 04:34 PM

Im anxious to see how this plays out. Fork has always fished good when fronts are coming in. But once here and after, she cant get real hard-headed. So once this cold and ice sets in tonight and tomorrow its going to really get interesting. One of them will unlock the code but even the scope fish are going to be tough.

Should be a good ending.
Posted By: emorydog

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 04:37 PM

Bet they push final day to Friday...

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 04:47 PM

Those ornery Fork fish still bite when it's nasty. They will lock down in the next 24-48 hours

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by DBGSIG

Who fishes the slot? The guides don't and from what I have ben hearing, it has been tough on the guides lately.

Basschamps Anglers lol

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by emorydog
Bet they push final day to Friday...

I hope they don't
Posted By: Kodyjoe

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 06:22 PM

Them guys are bad azz. All you can say

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 06:24 PM

Here they go....switch almost seemed to be flipped 20m ago...
Posted By: Walker61

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 07:32 PM

Championship was just moved to Friday.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/23/22 08:38 PM

Old mother Forker may be past her prime but sill put out some toads today thumb

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/25/22 01:40 AM

Heads up....they do not start fishing until 11:00 tommorrow.

http://bassfan.com/docktalk_article/22294/mlf-adjusts-times-for-finals-at-fork#.Yhgx4ejMLyE

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/25/22 09:05 PM

What are the Vegas odds on Wheeler winning these things? He had a slow start but I am going to say he wins this one in the end also.

Re: MLF @ Fork - 02/25/22 11:52 PM

Well would have lost that bet. Good job AJJ.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum