Texas Fishing Forum

BuzzBaits

Posted By: mossyback75

BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 03:14 PM

Whats the latest and greatest? Do any older models still shine? What are yall throwin?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 03:19 PM

I use the Megabass Jamaica Boa. It has some features that allow it to do somethings others do not do. Fish seem to love it.
Posted By: Barn

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 03:22 PM

I have had good success with the Megastrike Cavitron. It's been my go to for several years.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Megastrike_Cavitron_Buzzbaits/descpage-CAV.html

The Strike King Buzz King has been around forever. I've caught a lot of fish on it too.

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Strike_King_Buzz_King_Buzzbait/descpage-SKBK.html
Posted By: 361V

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 03:54 PM

“Do any older models still shine”? Absolutely! The “Original” Lunker Lure buzz bait with the US patent # stamped right on the blade still shines! It was, is and will be one of the great buzzbaits ever. Can’t explain why but the simple design, squealing blade….just flat catches fish……still! [Linked Image]

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I use the Megabass Jamaica Boa. It has some features that allow it to do somethings others do not do. Fish seem to love it.

How did I not know of this bait? Im a MegaBass fan boy and was unaware. Thank you.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 04:08 PM

Lunker Lure is just about all i use. Still throwing some we have had left over from the 80’s

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by mossyback75

How did I not know of this bait? Im a MegaBass fan boy and was unaware. Thank you.

The brass ball on shift acts as a clacker but it also stops blade from turning and catching air on acast. It makes their castability really shine. Built solid as well and will hold up around heavy cover too. They track true and get on plane fast. You can creep it along or burn it

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 04:10 PM

The brass ball on shift acts as a clacker but it also stops blade from turning and catching air on acast. It makes their castability really shine. Built solid as well and will hold up around heavy cover too. They track true and get on plane fast. You can creep it along or burn it

Yeah. Saw the HookUp Tackle guys review it. Going with it fo sho

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Fish Killer
Lunker Lure is just about all i use. Still throwing some we have had left over from the 80’s

Do they still sell them in stores?

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 04:12 PM

Sure do.

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 04:15 PM

Sure do.

Ill pick one up. Thanks

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 04:15 PM

I’m a little of a tackle hoarder. This one dates back to the late 80’s

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 04:32 PM

Reaction Innovations Squeaky Dolphin
Discontinued but definitely one of the BEST EVER!
Posted By: Captain Chunk

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 04:42 PM

The Squeaky Dolphin is fantastic if you can find any. I still have a few sitting around, but my go to is the Megastrike Cavitron. Doesn't take much to get it tuned just right.

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Champion 221 Elite
Reaction Innovations Squeaky Dolphin
Discontinued but definitely one of the BEST EVER!

They are great. Stunned that they have not been brought back. I have a bunch that I have accumulated. I collect them more than I use them though as they are too hard to find. The Teckel Taker uses same head and design with exception of the blade.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 05:00 PM

[Linked Image]

Nice! All my old ones seem to have the rubber sticking together, not sure what’s causing it.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by 361V
“Do any older models still shine”? Absolutely! The “Original” Lunker Lure buzz bait with the US patent # stamped right on the blade still shines! It was, is and will be one of the great buzzbaits ever. Can’t explain why but the simple design, squealing blade….just flat catches fish……still! [Linked Image]

Best Buzz Bait Ever
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout

[Linked Image]

Nice! All my old ones seem to have the rubber sticking together, not sure what’s causing it.

The fact theyre 30 yrs old may be what's causing it. roflmao

https://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Lure-Rubber-Skirt-Living/dp/B01HU5YIYG?th=1

Here's some living rubber skirts.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 05:24 PM

[Linked Image]

I throw them with a toad or swim bait on them since the skirts have all fallen apart.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/03/22 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.

[Linked Image]

The fact theyre 30 yrs old may be what's causing it. roflmao

https://www.amazon.com/Fishing-Lure-Rubber-Skirt-Living/dp/B01HU5YIYG?th=1

Here's some living rubber skirts.

whip Come on man, you telling me that thin rubber shouldn’t hold up 30 years! roflmao

Guess I could try them with Toads, I haven’t really given that setup much of a try.
Posted By: meP2too

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/04/22 12:54 AM

I sold a few RI squeaky dolphins to Mark a couple years ago, when I got home I had a message from a guy offering 50 dollars each. I sold him the 2 that I kept. The blade adjustment was too complicated for me.

Strike King Buzzking, triple wing and Lunker Lures for me,

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/04/22 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by meP2too
I sold a few RI squeaky dolphins to Mark a couple years ago, when I got home I had a message from a guy offering 50 dollars each. I sold him the 2 that I kept. The blade adjustment was too complicated for me.

Strike King Buzzking, triple wing and Lunker Lures for me,

I still have them. Still appreciate it too!
Posted By: Flip-n-go

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/04/22 03:13 AM

Lunker Lure for me also. I've caught lots of fish on them conventionally, but just as many picking out a backlash in the pre-dawn, reeling up from the bottom. confused 3
Posted By: jbsoonerfan

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/04/22 03:26 AM

I wish I could get my hands on some original Hart Tackle Buzz Throbs with the holes in the blades. Best buzzbait ever IMO.
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/11/22 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by jbsoonerfan
I wish I could get my hands on some original Hart Tackle Buzz Throbs with the holes in the blades. Best buzzbait ever IMO.

Doing some garage cleaning this week and found one from the past. Will have to re-skirt it and give it a whirl around April.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: R83steve

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/11/22 09:30 PM

I still throw the original Lunker Lure
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/11/22 09:46 PM

Last year I threw a buzzbait from a company called Rowdy Buzz Lures. One of my boys got it in a tacklebox subscription of all things. I really like the baits the company makes. Ordered several more from the company and they out fished every other buzzbait in my box last year. They are a little more compact than some buzzbaits and they seem to have a better hookup ratio. They also get up on plane really fast.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/11/22 10:05 PM

people suggested the megastrike to me here before...and i can tell you from the components alone it is for sure better quality than the booyah stuff from academy sports. Cant compare it to any others beside the picasso....but the megastrike is a well built bait. Ill let you know in a month if it catches 🤔
Posted By: chickenfried76

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/11/22 11:19 PM

Triwing strike king is awesome in lilly pads. Creeps slow and stays on top. The one with the clacker is good sometimes. I've caught good ones on the sugar buzz and a booyah double blade. Not sure what its called. A guy named Papa Mark on here sent me a few inline buzzers that worked great. Used to catch fish on the generic buzz from Academy. Also a few generic ones I bought at Barlows that had a metal blade and plastic blade in bright orange. Honestly, I haven't found a buzzbait I don't like.
Posted By: Jonah's View

Re: BuzzBaits - 02/12/22 02:59 AM

I make my own, a buzz bait is one of my favorite baits, when the water hits 55 degrees its buzz bait time till late fall and the water temps drop below 55 degrees... 1/4 oz and 1/8 oz will cover any situation a buzz bait is needed... silver blade on sunny day, gold blade on cloudy day, always a white skirt with a plastic trailer, only heavy cover negates the trailer hook, 25 pound mono or 65lb braid... when they are on the buzz bait they will usually be on it all day, it is a "keeper" fish bait in general, with 5 pounders a plenty... that's my 2cents on buzz baits...

Oh, sorry... If I had to buy one, i would prolly buy a Boo-Yah...they make some nice baits, with a decent price point...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum