Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni Boat Lanes

Posted By: IKELEVI

Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/02/22 03:54 PM

Anyone have any advice on running Tawakoni? Boat lanes etc? I was very fortunate this past weekend not to hit anything. I didn't realize the main lake south of 2 mile bridge was a minefield! Thank you and God Bless!
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/02/22 04:05 PM

There is a very general map some have posted on here that you can find with the search function. With that said, the easiest and safest thing to do is to get the boat lane chip from Tom Mayne. It's a good product and will get you around the lake safely. His website is below.

http://www.lakepalestinefishingguide.com/
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/02/22 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower
There is a very general map some have posted on here that you can find with the search function. With that said, the easiest and safest thing to do is to get the boat lane chip from Tom Mayne. It's a good product and will get you around the lake safely. His website is below.

http://www.lakepalestinefishingguide.com/

Yep. Great products. The Tawakoni chip is spot on.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/02/22 06:37 PM

Tom's Tawakoni chip is good. There are a lot of ppl that run through the middle of the forest South of 2 mile that have never realized what is there. Theres a LOT more that's just under the water level. Some huge ones, too.
Posted By: romeroxl1200

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/02/22 06:48 PM

This map has saved me and saved me $30 bucks.....but then again I don't run 50MPH trying to get to a spot.

http://fishing-app.gpsnauticalchart...Tawakoni+boating+app#12/32.9144/-96.0215
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/02/22 07:39 PM

That map is going to get someone killed! Don’t run in the red X area!!!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/02/22 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by SkeeterRonnie
Tom's Tawakoni chip is good. There are a lot of ppl that run through the middle of the forest South of 2 mile that have never realized what is there. Theres a LOT more that's just under the water level. Some huge ones, too.

Yep some of that map is gonna be expensive and possibly painful to run.

I was just happy that the runs I learned on my own from idling out there were somewhat accurate.

Tom's chip was well worth the $30 to me. For me Tawakoni is a spot fishing Lake and as many spots as I can hit in a tournament day out there the better usually. Getting around quicker is just being more efficient.

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/02/22 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by romeroxl1200
This map has saved me and saved me $30 bucks.....but then again I don't run 50MPH trying to get to a spot.

I tried to find a legend on this map that made sense and did not see one. I think the purple lines must be just a general creek channel marking. If the purple lines are supposed to be boat lanes please do not use that map source on any lake. Multiple places on Tawakoni those purple lines are not the place you want to run. I looked at the Palestine map from this same source. Holy cow running the purple lines on Palestine will guarantee a busted rig minimum. Either way do not trust them as a boat lane.

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/02/22 08:49 PM

You right, don't use if you are assuming some kind of freeway lane by the pink. You'd have to know how to use nautical map. Pink/purple lines are class b targets used by navigation devices.....its a lake reference, does not tell you the lake is 3-4 feet low..and doesn't have speed limits either.

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/02/22 09:11 PM

You right, don't use if you are assuming some kind of freeway lane by the pink. You'd have to know how to use nautical map. Pink/purple lines are class b targets used by navigation devices.....its a lake reference, does not tell you the lake is 3-4 feet low..and doesn't have speed limits either.

I'm not sure what that reply even means. Bottom line is if the purple/pink line is meant to be any kind of navigation lane/road/reference/trail/track/passage, whatever you want to call it. It's dangerous and wrong. The lake could be 2-3ft high and the area skeeter ronnie marked is not safe to run above an idle. If you go to other maps from this same source to lakes like Palestine, Fork, Richland Chambers the lanes (if that is what the purple/pink truly is) are even more dangerous. Not trying to start an argument just don't want someone killing themselves because of bad advice.

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/02/22 10:29 PM

Actually you are trying to insinuate I'm giving advise .....I said it saved me...."This map has saved me and saved me $30 bucks.....but then again I don't run 50MPH trying to get to a spot."

Use it or not. I provided a map....sorry some don't understand what it meant....just an opinion like all others. Shouldn't be a cause for anyone to die.

Let's go brandon!
Posted By: Bryanmc57

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/02/22 11:19 PM

Actually you are trying to insinuate I'm giving advise .....I said it saved me...."This map has saved me and saved me $30 bucks.....but then again I don't run 50MPH trying to get to a spot."

Use it or not. I provided a map....sorry some don't understand what it meant....just an opinion like all others. Shouldn't be a cause for anyone to die.

Let's go brandon!

Well, explain it then for those of us not intelligent enough to use a "nautical map". Are those lines meant to be safe passage or just there for decoration? If the lines mean nothing, then how would one determine where it is safe to run from this map?
Posted By: IKELEVI

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/03/22 12:06 AM

I don't know what the purple lines are either but the one that runs down the middle of the main lake runs directly through the "minefield " I'm talking about.
Posted By: n_fish

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/03/22 12:21 AM

The chip for Tawakoni is money well spent!
Posted By: Top Waters

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/03/22 05:04 AM

I paid for the email download from Tom and put it on my Lowrance Carbon. it is a very thorough set of lanes and the stump fields are clearly marked. Money very well spent.
Posted By: Jons3825

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/06/22 01:28 PM

Wanna pucker more? Scroll over and look at how this map shows to run Fork. OMG
Posted By: Allison1

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/06/22 04:22 PM

That purple line does not show boat lanes. If you go through some of the other lakes you can see it run right through timber and docks in marinas.

I know Tawakoni enough to know where to run it without a guide. My recommendation is to go out there when the lake is low and see how it lays. Crossing the lake next to the 2 mile bridge is safe and likewise the dam. Running in open water on either side of the lake is generally safe. There is a fairly wide area to cross the lake out east to Spring Point but its not something I can describe.

North of the 2 mile bridge just use common sense. I had a honey hole up there but have not been back in ten years. The last time I was there behind an island if you know where that is, there were several giraffes and zebras in the field next to it.

Posted By: SlickTrick

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/07/22 03:11 AM

How is Tom's Tawakoni chip layout? Is it straight lines or waypoint to waypoint?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/07/22 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by SlickTrick
How is Tom's Tawakoni chip layout? Is it straight lines or waypoint to waypoint?

It is trails (lines).

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/07/22 01:36 PM

It is meant to show up as a line. If it doesn't then the trail settings on your graph need to be adjusted. Same concept as the Boat Lanes chip.
Posted By: SlickTrick

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/07/22 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by David Burton

It is trails (lines).

Originally Posted by Tx Tree Grower

It is meant to show up as a line. If it doesn't then the trail settings on your graph need to be adjusted. Same concept as the Boat Lanes chip.

Thanks for the info!
Posted By: SkeeterB

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/08/22 02:10 AM

Received my card from Tom today after waiting only a couple of days. The download is pretty sweet. Shows boat lane trails and waypoints for hazards. Well done!
Posted By: forsanmedic

Re: Tawakoni Boat Lanes - 02/08/22 02:13 AM

This map gets shared around the catfishing section a lot. I can't remember which guide originally posted it, but it shows the danger areas the best. [Linked Image]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum