Texas Fishing Forum

Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video

Posted By: James Niggemeyer

Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/18/22 01:27 PM

Hey TFF,

I recently did a walk through video of my new 2022 Ranger Z520R and wanted to share it with you all. In the video I show the new designs features, electronic dash panel known as "RIDE" made by Lowrance, electronics layout / rigging, inside the storage compartments and more.

Hope you finds it informative...Thanks for watching!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/18/22 01:55 PM

Nice boat and congratulations. Also enjoyed the video. thumb
Posted By: WLBDallas

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/18/22 02:12 PM

Nice looking rig.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/18/22 02:16 PM

Sweet ride James. Great video. Good luck this season. thumb
Posted By: LFA17

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/18/22 02:37 PM

Looks great. Good luck this year.
Posted By: cjbles

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/18/22 03:30 PM

Thanks for the tour. I like the new storage for the stern light and net. Ranger should have put the net behind the seat a long time ago. Something you missed that a lot of folks aren't aware of is you can padlock the trailer break in the down position for added security when your boat's parked and you unhook from your truck.
Posted By: BASS COACH

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/18/22 04:16 PM

What's the approx cost on your Boat with your options?
Posted By: KenTx1962

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/18/22 06:35 PM

James is the R the L or the C hull?
Posted By: meP2too

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/18/22 11:42 PM

Impressive!!!
From a non Ranger guy, good luck this year.

Did you finish the restoration boat.
Posted By: RangerRong

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/19/22 12:13 AM

sweet Ranger
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/19/22 11:24 AM

thumb
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/19/22 01:57 PM

It will not be long before we see HUD (heads up display) units on bass boats. Love the technology, but concerned about the reliability.

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/19/22 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird
It will not be long before we see HUD (heads up display) units on bass boats. Love the technology, but concerned about the reliability.

I own the R and have had it since October. So far, the only issues I have had are the cranking battery (100ah Lithium) wouldn't fully charge, the passenger sliding seat mechanism went out and I've received a couple of error messages on that RIDE system about it's ability to locate the GPS puck. It always finds it, but when you initially crank it up, I get that error. When I looked at the screen in the walkthrough, I think he had the same error. You can see the "alerts" on the right side.

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/19/22 03:41 PM

I don't know...guessing the R is the R hull. No official word that I've received Ken

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/19/22 03:44 PM

Thank you guys! I sure like the way everything came together.

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/19/22 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by James Niggemeyer
I don't know...guessing the R is the R hull. No official word that I've received Ken

At the Classic, I was told the R is a new hull. The bow lift on it is much better than my L. It will ride on pad at 18 mph too.

Good boat, big fan.
Posted By: SkeeterHawk

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/19/22 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by BASS COACH

If you have to ask you can't afford it. LOL

My guess would be 90K not financed.

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/19/22 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by SkeeterHawk
Originally Posted by BASS COACH

If you have to ask you can't afford it. LOL

My guess would be 90K not financed.

Based on how his is finished, you're probably really close. I paid a little more, but I got exactly what I wanted and have zero regrets. Boats are not cheap these days.
Posted By: Ironworker

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/19/22 11:35 PM

It is a C hull with new top cap, what my dealer told me.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/20/22 12:34 AM

Things I like:::

The seats…love em. Like the adjustments and the behind seat net storage.
The polished stainless accents look great.
I like the finished storage insides.

Things that are good, but not very well thought out:::

The line spooling station. My boat came with one and I use it a lot…because it’s on the rod locker lid! How are you supposed to use the one in the bilge area? You gonna sit on the motor while ya respool a rod? Haha.
The stern light storage spot is also not great. How do you straddle the transom to insert/remove the light from its storage spot?
The extra deep ice chest doesn’t have drains on the little shelves. It’s gonna always be wet and slimy with nasty stuff growing on them from old standing ice melt water. Great ideas with poor execution
Storing rods on top of 3700’s makes for an aggravating day on the water at best and a cluster on tourney days when time management really matters.

Things I don’t like:::not much, it’s a beautiful boat, but the Lowrance “Ride” looks like a future out dated part and PITA when it goes out or Lowrance updates to a new one and their support for the one ya have goes away. We all know Lowrance does that from time to time. It’s useless and drives up the cost. You basically now have THREE speedometers and 3 tachometers. One in the Lowrance 16 Live. One in the smart raft gauge, and then the Ride.
The trash can needs a lid, or you’re gonna look like garbage truck hauling across the water as everything gets sucked out into the lake.

In the end, while that boat is likely priced beyond my paygrade, I would score the boat about a 6.5 outta 10.

Re: Ranger Z520R Walktrhough Video - 01/20/22 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Things I like:::

The seats…love em. Like the adjustments and the behind seat net storage.
The polished stainless accents look great.
I like the finished storage insides.

Things that are good, but not very well thought out:::

The line spooling station. My boat came with one and I use it a lot…because it’s on the rod locker lid! How are you supposed to use the one in the bilge area? You gonna sit on the motor while ya respool a rod? Haha.
The stern light storage spot is also not great. How do you straddle the transom to insert/remove the light from its storage spot?
The extra deep ice chest doesn’t have drains on the little shelves. It’s gonna always be wet and slimy with nasty stuff growing on them from old standing ice melt water. Great ideas with poor execution
Storing rods on top of 3700’s makes for an aggravating day on the water at best and a cluster on tourney days when time management really matters.

Things I don’t like:::not much, it’s a beautiful boat, but the Lowrance “Ride” looks like a future out dated part and PITA when it goes out or Lowrance updates to a new one and their support for the one ya have goes away. We all know Lowrance does that from time to time. It’s useless and drives up the cost. You basically now have THREE speedometers and 3 tachometers. One in the Lowrance 16 Live. One in the smart raft gauge, and then the Ride.
The trash can needs a lid, or you’re gonna look like garbage truck hauling across the water as everything gets sucked out into the lake.

In the end, while that boat is likely priced beyond my paygrade, I would score the boat about a 6.5 outta 10.

The line spooling station *faces* the front of the boat when you open the compartment. It's easy to use and I've used mine with ease on the water. You can sit between the two consoles. Not sure if the battery compartment opens toward the motor in any boat, but maybe they do.

Pulling the light out of the battery compartment is better than the starboard storage. You don't have to walk it to the front of the boat. I actually bought the Hennessy light that attaches to my Raptors, so I don't even fool with it, but I think the storage spot makes more sense.

I store the rods I'm going to use that day in the center and put them on my deck when I hit the water. You're right, trying to access tackle between rods is a pain in the [censored].

The Ride system is pretty cool. Apparently, Ranger has been putting them in their high end pontoons for a while and they seem to last. They do have a 3-year warranty, but a new one is about $1,800. If it does go out, all the buttons he highlighted next to the driver seat control what that module controls, so you can operate everything without it. I didn't add the Mercury Gauge like James. I thought it was exactly what you said, overkill.

It's a nice boat, but boats are a personal preference for sure. I didn't really like BCB until I fished in one and it's an awesome boat. Phoenix and Skeeters are both awesome too. They all cost way to f'n much.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum