Texas Fishing Forum

BRANDY BRANCH

Posted By: manoduk

BRANDY BRANCH - 01/14/22 04:46 PM

ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CONTACT SOMEONE WHO COULD GIVE INFORMATION ON IF BRANDY (PERKINS) IS GENERATING. LAST COUPLE YRS ITS BEEN HIT OR MISS AND WITH COST OF GAS AND DRIVING 70 MILES IT IS DISAPPOINTING TO ARRIVE AND THE WATER IS COLD. DONT KNOW BUT WOULD SUSPECT THAT THE COLD WATER IN HOT WATER LAKES WOULD HAVE A MORE NEGATIVE EFFECT THAN ON TYPICAL LAKES.. MY LAST TWO TRIPS WERE A BUST. flame THANKS
Posted By: BUDWILLWIN

Re: BRANDY BRANCH - 01/14/22 06:21 PM

I know lots of folks at the plant. But shutdown schedules arent something Power Plants or going to share.
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: BRANDY BRANCH - 01/14/22 06:49 PM

Perky not Perkins. There used to be a person with SWEPCO that you could contact. This was about 3 years ago. Try SWEPCO’s Longview branch. Take your caps lock off.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: BRANDY BRANCH - 01/14/22 07:09 PM

Good luck, ever since they shut down Monti - Welsh, BB & MC have been hit or miss, you never know which one will generate and they rotate which never really allows the water get very hot. PP fishing in ETex is pretty much dead as we knew it 5 years ago.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: BRANDY BRANCH - 01/15/22 03:46 AM

Hot water lakes are a thing of the past.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: BRANDY BRANCH - 01/15/22 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Douglas J

He ain’t lyin ^^^^^^^^
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: BRANDY BRANCH - 01/15/22 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Originally Posted by Douglas J

He ain’t lyin ^^^^^^^^

It sux
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: BRANDY BRANCH - 01/15/22 03:50 PM

It’s online. I work at the gas power plant just across the way from it.
Posted By: KS374

Re: BRANDY BRANCH - 01/15/22 05:40 PM

nothing like sucking at fishing and blaming it on the power plant not generating

Re: BRANDY BRANCH - 01/18/22 04:50 PM

i hope when I grow up i can be as good fisherman as you must be. I do have a question, is being the Best Fisherman on the lake synonymous to being the biggest [censored] HOLE on the lake or is that just a family trait.

Re: BRANDY BRANCH - 01/18/22 04:52 PM

i hope when I grow up i can be as good fisherman as you must be. I do have a question, is being the Best Fisherman on the lake synonymous to being the biggest [censored] HOLE on the lake or is that just a family trait.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: BRANDY BRANCH - 01/18/22 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by manoduk

He shoots and he scores roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: lconn4

Re: BRANDY BRANCH - 01/18/22 06:34 PM

For those that don't know.. Striker is still generating. I was there this past November and it was down for maintenance but everyone told me it was still running off and on. You could call the bait shop or restaurant and I'm sure they could tell you. I've only fished it two or three times, plant was never running. They had a storm blow the roof off of crappie dock a couple of years ago and its all been redone, looks really good. Lots of improvements have been made. Never caught any giants but did catch em on the far north end of lake in the grass and pads last time. Mostly catfish and crappie fishermen on the lake from what I could tell. Might be worth a shot.

[Linked Image]

https://goo.gl/maps/mLXa65iWC6ZzHB79A
Posted By: slotfish70

Re: BRANDY BRANCH - 01/19/22 12:03 AM

I was there this past Saturday, the 15th. It was generating. Water temp on cold side was 62. That big front came through and winds 30+ mph. Took 16 pounds to win our tournament. They caught them deep first 2 hours of tournament so I was told. There were fish on beds but they were very skittish.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum