Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance Ghost 360!!

Posted By: Russell Marine Products

Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 03:23 PM

Check out the All New Lowrance Ghost 360!!! 360 imaging from a ghost trollingmotor with 3n1 active imaging nosecone!

Posted By: carlots

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 03:54 PM

whow that was amazingly clear. makes by bird look like a toy.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 04:10 PM

Pretty cool.
Posted By: The Tacklesmith

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 04:29 PM

Looks great great
Posted By: BAllen91

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 04:36 PM

Well there goes my money!
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 05:11 PM

RIP Humminbird.

Humminbird is gonna have to step up and drastically improve their user friendlieness! Love my birds but my Lowrance Ti2 is way easier and even more enjoyable to navigate through compared to the bird. HB sat on their hands once they got mega and thought Mega+ would keep the competition at bay....all the brands are really making a case for "best" now
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 05:21 PM

Did any of you pay attention? The trolling motor has to rotate to create the image. You want to spotlock? The trolling motor head isn't going to rotate when you have spot lock on.
Posted By: Walls

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by bockscar
RIP Humminbird.

Humminbird is gonna have to step up and drastically improve their user friendlieness! Love my birds but my Lowrance Ti2 is way easier and even more enjoyable to navigate through compared to the bird. HB sat on their hands once they got mega and thought Mega+ would keep the competition at bay....all the brands are really making a case for "best" now

What Brent said. ^^
Literally the only time I use Mega 360 is when I am spotlocked on some offshore structure/cover.

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Brent S
Did any of you pay attention? The trolling motor has to rotate to create the image. You want to spotlock? The trolling motor head isn't going to rotate when you have spot lock on.

Yep, saw that. It would only be beneficial for when power poled down or calm water. But shows they have the capability to improve, unlike that one joke 360 they made years ago. They might be working on something else that could utilize this program, maybe???

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 05:31 PM

I just saw the screenshots hammer

youre right! Still hope this lights a fire under HB because seems like lowrance are a motor for rotating the transducer away from giving Mega360 real competition
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by bockscar

I just saw the screenshots hammer

youre right! Still hope this lights a fire under HB because seems like lowrance are a motor for rotating the transducer away from giving Mega360 real competition

I would imagine it has more to do with humminbird patent on the rotating technology than anything

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 05:37 PM

Kinda reminds me of the "hack" the guy from FishingSpecialties when i bought his ducer down rod set up. It works ok but not like real forward sonar....but if you angle the ducer at 45ish degrees while idling forward it gives a look thats a bit more "forward facing"

seems like what this does except its able to stitch together as it rotates. pretty cool, but id hate to hear my TM spinning around just to get an image
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 05:57 PM

Here's my hack for it...
You buy the 3n1 transducer cone
Mount it to a 3" PVC pipe w/ T
Connect 3" PVC to a reducer at the T
Reduce to 1"
Use the heavy duty 1" PVC to run up the TM or boat using brackets and you have a standalone unit

All you need to do is figure out the wiring to the unit????

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 05:59 PM

Honestly, I can see great benefit to this design...to use this feature you would be scouting more than anything. You really wouldn't be on spot lock to scan the area. Once you pinpoint a spot...lock it down and allow the spot lock / scan to provide a larger picture. Cast and repeat.
Posted By: Shallow Waters

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 06:04 PM

Its like some of you are just looking for a reason to hate on HB. If you thought that system compared at all to Mega 360 then I really cant imagine what you have done to your 360 setup. I think its cool that Lowrance is working on the technology, and their imaging isnt terrible, but that would be a tough system to find use in.
Posted By: flippinskeeter

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Shallow Waters
Its like some of you are just looking for a reason to hate on HB. If you thought that system compared at all to Mega 360 then I really cant imagine what you have done to your 360 setup. I think its cool that Lowrance is working on the technology, and their imaging isnt terrible, but that would be a tough system to find use in.

I have birds and the reason people hate on them is that they aren’t user friendly. Little things like not being able to adjust panel size on solix units seem so intuitive and practical, but HB doesn’t make the effort. Their images are good, and 360 is still unrivaled, but I do not enjoy my birds at all.

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 07:58 PM

Reasoned critiques isnt hating. Im a humminbird fan boy....im just realistic too. the screenshots I saw were impressive. If you use a touch screen Lowrance at your bow, and humminbird at the console like I do....youd understand that HB has catching up to do in terms of user experience.

Before when their Mega was blowing everyone out of the water it was an easier pill to swallow. Lowrance played the catch up game and got within arms reach for image quality when they rolled out the 3 in 1 ducer. Garmin is lapping the competition with livescope, and their SI and DI looks like its improved as well to the point where its accpetable and catches the same as the competition does (just not as crisp). Everyone seems to have caught up with humminbird and done better R&D to drive to improve....seems like humminbird is on the same level as everyone else now and arguments can definitely now be made that maybe overall Lowrance or even garmin is better than Humminbird, and I NEVER woudve said that even as recently as 6 months ago/before they rolled out Mega Live.

Originally Posted by flippinskeeter

I have birds and the reason people hate on them is that they aren’t user friendly. Little things like not being able to adjust panel size on solix units seem so intuitive and practical, but HB doesn’t make the effort. Their images are good, and 360 is still unrivaled, but I do not enjoy my birds at all.

I love my imagine on my mega+ helix....but it is definitely not the easiest to navigate through. Even the overall appearance of the UI or whatever its called, the tile set up they have on the home screen, just the whole flow type of thing to it makes using it almost fun. Its pretty cool to touch screen through stuff...even on lower end units like my TI2.
Posted By: KnotTexan

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 09:36 PM

Spotlight scan 2.0 as far as being on the trolling motor. But I do think it would work really well mounted on the new version of the live scanner that has variable speed and auto rotation thumb.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 11:33 PM

I think it is cool, I have all lowrance on my new boat, I think I will be able to use it just fine, it may not be quite as efficient as the bird but all i have to do is update the graph to get it, already have the 3 in 1.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/12/22 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Happykamper
I think it is cool, I have all lowrance on my new boat, I think I will be able to use it just fine, it may not be quite as efficient as the bird but all i have to do is update the graph to get it, already have the 3 in 1.

Well hurry up and update so you can do a review.

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/13/22 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

Still waiting on my new boat, should be here Friday or Monday.

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/13/22 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by KnotTexan
Spotlight scan 2.0 as far as being on the trolling motor. But I do think it would work really well mounted on the new version of the live scanner that has variable speed and auto rotation thumb.

I think it’s going to take something like that to be really useful. Just not sure if Lowrance will allow it to work in a situation, other than with the ghost.

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/13/22 12:17 AM

What brand did you go with this time?
Posted By: KnotTexan

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/13/22 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by KnotTexan

I think it’s going to take something like that to be really useful. Just not sure if Lowrance will allow it to work in a situation, other than with the ghost.

Just reading over on the BBC and that’s kinda what it sounds like, with software controlling the rotation speed of the Ghost through the head unit?

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/13/22 01:23 AM

What brand did you go with this time?

Caymas

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/13/22 01:43 AM

Caymas

Awesome, congratulations!
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/13/22 02:00 PM

Same here. I think it’s a big plus to not have another transducer hanging off the bow or trolling motor. Simple software update. Guys that are worried about not using spotlock must have not been fishing for long. No big deal to turn off spot lock for a few min to do a scan. Lowrance made a great product with the Ghost!
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/13/22 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by horseplaydvm

Same here. I think it’s a big plus to not have another transducer hanging off the bow or trolling motor. Simple software update. Guys that are worried about not using spotlock must have not been fishing for long. No big deal to turn off spot lock for a few min to do a scan. Lowrance made a great product with the Ghost!

As long as there's 0 wind, it will work. Otherwise you will get blown away from where you want to scan.
Posted By: jbtackle

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/13/22 02:57 PM

can you use this 360 to locate fish

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/13/22 03:40 PM

I know on Mega 360...I've seen white rice looking blips on the screen of my buddies and we guessed they were fish. So I bet this would be the same.

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/13/22 03:54 PM

As long as there's 0 wind, it will work. Otherwise you will get blown away from where you want to scan.

You should be able to identify the brush or structure with your active target after you have located it with the 360, either way i think it is a no brainer if you have the ghost and lowrance electronics.

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/13/22 09:48 PM

If any of you guys already have a 3 in 1 nosecone, can you tell me if it made the original tm foot longer than it was with the hdi nose cone? If that doesn’t make sense, I’ll try to think of a way to reword it.

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/14/22 01:53 AM

Grout,
I don’t believe so. At least the screw was the same length for both.

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/14/22 02:27 AM

Grout,
I don’t believe so. At least the screw was the same length for both.

thumb Thank you sir.
Posted By: Jeeper92

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/14/22 03:52 AM

If any of you guys already have a 3 in 1 nosecone, can you tell me if it made the original tm foot longer than it was with the hdi nose cone? If that doesn’t make sense, I’ll try to think of a way to reword it.

It is longer. At least according to this video.

https://youtu.be/oUtu0AynhH8
Posted By: Larry Hutchens Lowrance Pro S

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/14/22 04:18 AM

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

From Todays Test run. Now if I can stop looking at the bottom of my boat and prop. Need to lower my TM possibly, If you zoom in on the bottom pic you can count the blades on my prop. Not bad for a Software upgrade.

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/14/22 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jeeper92

It is longer. At least according to this video.

https://youtu.be/oUtu0AynhH8

Thank you for posting that.

Does seem odd that the bolt is the same length for a 3” longer nosecone.

Nice images posted above by Larry.

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/15/22 01:19 PM

Come on man! You are worried about that much wind? You can't even get a decent image with hummingbird 360 and spot lock if there is that much wind! bang
If you know anything about spot lock it does not keep you on a pin point area in windy conditions, but it will keep you close. Lowrance Ghost is much better than Ultrex. I have used both. Images are distorted in windy conditions I don't care what brand of fish finder you use or if you have spotlock. In shallow water power poles can lock you down to get good images in windy conditions.

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/15/22 02:10 PM

The Scan and Go Process is very simple. Program one of your pedal buttons to start 360 You are moving down the water hit the pedal let it scan move the pedal to go and 360 disengages or hit pedal button same result and you go, do it over again all day long. This is simple Brain and Muscle memory and no one is 2 old to learn it. You never have to bend over and touch your Unit. Enjoy
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/15/22 02:30 PM

I need to see one in action on the water before committing to purchase.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/15/22 03:05 PM

So where is the software download on lowrances website?
Posted By: fishnfireman

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/15/22 03:17 PM

Not for me. Too much wind where I live, and power poles won't reach the bottom where I'd be using it if I had it!

Re: Lowrance Ghost 360!! - 01/15/22 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
So where is the software download on lowrances website?

The 22.1 is under the unit you want to update also the ghost has an update to 1.2 Active Target and 3DSS has updates also

Lowrance Updates
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum