Texas Fishing Forum

Anybody throwing the rapala rap-v

Posted By: kirbydog

Anybody throwing the rapala rap-v - 12/28/21 05:27 PM

Got some of these from TW but haven't gotten them wet yet. Looks like a cross between an blade bait and a lipless
crank. Would be interested in hearing from anyone who has tried these out. Lots of reviews on line but I suspect
many of these are pros giving favorable reviews because rapala is a sponsor.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Anybody throwing the rapala rap-v - 12/29/21 01:00 AM

Looks like a good lure but I have not had any luck on a lipless style crank bait in a while.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Anybody throwing the rapala rap-v - 12/29/21 03:54 AM

Thats doesnt look like a lipless crank, but rather a blade bait typically used in very cold water. Silver buddy was one of the popular early ones.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Anybody throwing the rapala rap-v - 12/29/21 04:36 PM

reminds me of the heddon sonic

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bladerunner

Re: Anybody throwing the rapala rap-v - 12/29/21 05:21 PM

Essentially a rattle trap with a couple of bigger fins on top and bottom. Have caught a few fish with them. If they had a larger size i'd throw it more. Ordered mine from Tw last year. Look cool online, just too small and only offered in one size last time i looked.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Anybody throwing the rapala rap-v - 12/29/21 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Thats doesnt look like a lipless crank, but rather a blade bait typically used in very cold water. Silver buddy was one of the popular early ones.

I have used lipless crankbaits and bladed baits. This is a hybrid. It has a metal "frame" with plastic bodies adhered to each side. For me, without a bill in the front, it's a lipless crankbait.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum