Texas Fishing Forum

Bastrop Report

Posted By: mark.tpt

Bastrop Report - 12/24/21 04:18 PM

I'm headed to Lake Bastrop next week and staying at South Shore Park. Anyone fished there recently that is willing to share some knowledge? Feel free to DM me if you don't want to share publicly.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Bastrop Report - 12/25/21 01:57 AM

There isn't enough lake to be secretive about anything. There are at least 4 kinds of vegetation on Bastrop; eel grass, spiny naiad, hydrilla, and American Pondweed. I always have the best luck fishing the eel grass. The eel grass seems to being overtaken by the other three. There is more American Pondweed than I have ever seen in the 15 years I have been fishing there.

I went today. Water was 64 degrees in the main body of the lake. Fishing was average but the quality was good. I caught 11 bass and there were all 1-1/2 to 2 pounds. Spinner baits were the best lure today.

I hope the wind is not as bad next weekend as it was today. If it is, it will be either a southern or northern wind. If I had my choice of the 2, I would take southerly. Like most small lakes, strong winds on Bastrop cuts the lake in half.
Posted By: mark.tpt

Re: Bastrop Report - 12/25/21 03:53 AM

Thanks for the info!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum