Texas Fishing Forum

MLF sports betting

Posted By: BriannShell

MLF sports betting - 12/17/21 12:55 AM

https://www.wired2fish.com/news/mlf-brings-sports-betting-to-bass-fishing
Posted By: slim 285

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/17/21 02:28 AM

Might as well , they are like a 3 ring circus anyway .
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/17/21 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by slim 285
Might as well , they are like a 3 ring circus anyway .

If bass did it first then it would be a great idea though
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/17/21 02:53 AM

game changer rolleyes
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/17/21 02:57 AM

I think I’ll keep my money, they kept talking about this on BTL, I just don’t see the why in it. Guess you’d have to be a gambler to understand it. I also don’t see how they can pick a winner in fishing, the favorite very rarely wins anyways. Unless Wheeler is the favorite everytime.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/17/21 03:13 AM

5 fish format is more akin to poker, MLF format is more like golf or other individual stick and ball sports in stats and predictions. Yes Wheeler, Defoe etc will more often be high on the leaderboard in every fish format than the randomness of 5 fish.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/17/21 03:46 AM

Some guys hated when the trails had tobacco and alcohol sponsors. Wonder how those guys will feel about gambling?
Posted By: grandbassslayer

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/17/21 03:51 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
I think I’ll keep my money, they kept talking about this on BTL, I just don’t see the why in it. Guess you’d have to be a gambler to understand it. I also don’t see how they can pick a winner in fishing, the favorite very rarely wins anyways. Unless Wheeler is the favorite everytime.

Yup I don’t think it will go over to well, but some guys are gambling junkies so who knows.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/17/21 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by grout-scout

Yup I don’t think it will go over to well, but some guys are gambling junkies so who knows.

I could see some lines on biggest bass caught and winning weights, that could be fun. cheers
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/17/21 05:10 AM

why not, it's fun to put some money back in circulation
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/17/21 03:43 PM

As Duckett sat there and said, "the split was never about money". Yea right.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/17/21 03:57 PM

how would you even sweat it? I can never find them on TV. then they have tournies where the results are secret for a while until it hits the TV.

I could see it if you could live sweat it easily. same with bass. degenerates are degenerates...but they do need something to sweat.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/17/21 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by bockscar
how would you even sweat it? I can never find them on TV. then they have tournies where the results are secret for a while until it hits the TV.

I could see it if you could live sweat it easily. same with bass. degenerates are degenerates...but they do need something to sweat.

https://majorleaguefishing.com/tv-schedule/

if you can find outdoor network or world fishing network,they have over 40 hours scheduled on TV in January...
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/17/21 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by beartrap

if you can find outdoor network or world fishing network,they have over 40 hours scheduled on TV in January...

Out of the 44 shows scheduled to air in January there are 27 repeats not including the All Angles show which is basically a wrap up show of the coverage shown. Not that it's a bad thing as I am a fan of more fishing shows as possible.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/18/21 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Out of the 44 shows scheduled to air in January there are 27 repeats not including the All Angles show which is basically a wrap up show of the coverage shown. Not that it's a bad thing as I am a fan of more fishing shows as possible.

and its tough to find on the more traditional sources. BASS is on FS1 and seems to pop up on my DVR more than MLF stuff. But....does MLF do any live on mainstream media outlets the way BASS does? If they did I could see this working...but yea, its just hard to track down any MLF stuff unless you try pretty hard 🤷‍♂️
Posted By: Dubee

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/18/21 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

and its tough to find on the more traditional sources. BASS is on FS1 and seems to pop up on my DVR more than MLF stuff. But....does MLF do any live on mainstream media outlets the way BASS does? If they did I could see this working...but yea, its just hard to track down any MLF stuff unless you try pretty hard 🤷‍♂️

Lol
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/18/21 11:38 AM

I don’t watch enough MLF to even bet on it. Every time I am looking to watch a fishing show they have the same show I have seen before on. I follow BASS more. We do a Fantasy league on it every year.
Posted By: beartrap

Re: MLF sports betting - 12/18/21 02:45 PM

MLF heavy hitters is going to be on CBS tomorrow....

http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk_article/22199/heavy-hitters-to-be-broadcast-sunday#.Yb3zRpLMKUl
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum