Texas Fishing Forum

If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently!

Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/27/21 12:32 AM

So it’s being reported by many people if you purchased from tackle warehouse the past few weeks somehow the Credit card info has been stolen… some say tacklewarehouse was hacked but all I know is a lot of people are getting their cards charged 100’s of 1000’s worth to crypto.com it starts small but gets out of hand quick!

Better check them accounts! I checked by searching transactions and just typing in crypto.com found it 4 different ones totaling $700…
Posted By: Brent S

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/27/21 01:34 AM

Crypto is the future
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/27/21 01:36 AM

I always use PayPal when checking out... And they've been surprisingly fast with delivery... Dan

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/27/21 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Brent S
Crypto is the future

I agree I hold a massive amount of crypto but it’s not the issue at hand lol it’s crypto being purchased off of cards used to make purchases of fishing tackle.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/27/21 01:51 AM

Yeah, it's happened to a few others on another site as well.
Posted By: goodman_fishing

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/27/21 02:51 AM

Bummer, no problem yet having used paypal
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/27/21 04:04 AM

That sucks. My brother has a separate credit card he uses for all Internet purchases so if something happens to it, it doesn’t affect his other daily activities (gas, restaurants, groceries).
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/27/21 04:42 AM

We are in the process of changing our accounts because of Crypto .com hacking into it, they tried to take $2000 several times without success. But I haven't used Tackle Warehouse in 2 months.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/27/21 09:02 AM

I made a TW purchase last month, but my wife's card had a Crypto charge of $0.07. My bank flagged it as fraud. That was earlier this week. Now we are just waiting for her new card to come in the mail
Posted By: T Bird

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/27/21 12:46 PM

Happened to me 3 years ago using Tackle Warehouse. They need to up their IT security.
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/27/21 01:38 PM

I was about to order a rod....may wait now
Posted By: EN591

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/27/21 02:16 PM

Same thing happened to my wife with her debit card last week. The crypto .com charges showed up in Wells Fargo. Not sure if it is related to TW, but I did ask for a gift card from there for my bday so I maybe on to something.
Posted By: Greg W

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/27/21 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by PowerLizard
That sucks. My brother has a separate credit card he uses for all Internet purchases so if something happens to it, it doesn’t affect his other daily activities (gas, restaurants, groceries).

I take it a step further. I have one card for all auto withdrawals like gas, electric, etc... I have another card for stores, gas, and online. Then if you get hacked or loose a card (think teenagers), you don't have to redo all your auto charges. Just report your POS/eComm card stolen and on you go.

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/27/21 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Greg W

I take it a step further. I have one card for all auto withdrawals like gas, electric, etc... I have another card for stores, gas, and online. Then if you get hacked or loose a card (think teenagers), you don't have to redo all your auto charges. Just report your POS/eComm card stolen and on you go.

I do the same.
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/27/21 08:31 PM

Just got my order from TW and I still have money in the bank. This is my fishing account card and nothing else, and the account is always empty. grin
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/27/21 09:15 PM

I bought stuff from them using my mad money account. It's ATM but like others have said it stays empty. It's spent on fishing or tools for my shop and sometimes Jeep parts.
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/28/21 03:10 AM

I have purchased from them for a long time , made a purchase a few weeks ago . Last Saturday , the only card I have ever used at TW was hacked and someone charged over 1400 dollars . It came from someone using it in Venezuela . Is TW reacting to this ? I am considering calling to make sure this isn't an everyday event .
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/28/21 05:19 AM

I have the .07 cents charge also and another charge from (Aerialist Sumner) for .97 cents which must be another scam because I would never use my card for that small of an amount. so look out for that name in your account also.

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/28/21 05:49 AM

Tackle warehouse has stated that it's not coming from purchases made from their website. Hard to know for sure or not as they don't want people to not purchase from them.

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/29/21 02:21 AM

Tackle warehouse has stated that it's not coming from purchases made from their website. Hard to know for sure or not as they don't want people to not purchase from them.

this is interesting becasue the only credit card I have that I only use at tacklewarehouse is the only one that has been charged.
Posted By: Glynn

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/29/21 02:52 AM

Got a bit nervous after reading all these posts. I placed 3 orders over the last 10 days using discounts I had been sent from TW. I always use PayPal for all online purchases as I know I'm protected 100% always. Just looked at my account and nothing but the three charges for orders I placed. Online purchases- use PP only.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/29/21 12:51 PM

That's genius - I need to do that.
Posted By: balazs

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/29/21 03:18 PM

I just want to let everyone know I ordered on the 27th, and by the 28th there were were like 4 fraudulent charges on my card- one of which went through for like $360. Never had a problem with tacklewarehouse before this. I opened this thread like 20 minutes after I placed the order and less than 24 hours later multiple fraudulent charges. bang

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/29/21 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by balazs
I just want to let everyone know I ordered on the 27th, and by the 28th there were were like 4 fraudulent charges on my card- one of which went through for like $360. Never had a problem with tacklewarehouse before this. I opened this thread like 20 minutes after I placed the order and less than 24 hours later multiple fraudulent charges. bang

That’s the same stuff that happen to me!
Posted By: Weekender1

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/29/21 05:45 PM

Still a chance that it is Not TW they authenticate with another company and the problem could be with them. Mastercard has had tons of issues with security as well. Just saying there could be another Company with the actual problem.

Jody
Posted By: dallasdawg

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/30/21 12:16 AM

I purchased from Tackle Warehouse on November 18. I do not have any strange charges on my credit card.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 11/30/21 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Glynn
Got a bit nervous after reading all these posts. I placed 3 orders over the last 10 days using discounts I had been sent from TW. I always use PayPal for all online purchases as I know I'm protected 100% always. Just looked at my account and nothing but the three charges for orders I placed. Online purchases- use PP only.

same for me, paypal anytime it is available.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/03/21 11:51 PM

My CC was compromised, I only use it for TW purchases.
Posted By: RCarter

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/04/21 01:55 AM

PayPal......No Problem
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/04/21 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by T Bird
Happened to me 3 years ago using Tackle Warehouse. They need to up their IT security.
yep. mine too. only use paypal now

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/04/21 06:59 PM

Was holding out and made a TW purchase a few days ago. Someone tried nuking my credit card today. Over $300 at a McDonald's in New York!

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/04/21 09:49 PM

Was holding out and made a TW purchase a few days ago. Someone tried nuking my credit card today. Over $300 at a McDonald's in New York!

that's alot of cheeseburgers and cokes lol
Posted By: pacertom

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/04/21 09:55 PM

This is another reason for businesses and people to utilize crypto for payments. Credit cards have & will continue to be hacked. Yeh we're absolved of the charges IF we find it but what a pain. Sending money via crypto wallets doesn't have the "middle man" processor where most everything is stolen & hacked. More and more merchants are accepting it as it gains adoption.

The obvious difference is buying on credit cards is pay later(and pay the interest) ...crypto is pay now with what you have...aka debit card, check etc...
Posted By: BThomas

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/05/21 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by pacertom
This is another reason for businesses and people to utilize crypto for payments. Credit cards have & will continue to be hacked. Yeh we're absolved of the charges IF we find it but what a pain. Sending money via crypto wallets doesn't have the "middle man" processor where most everything is stolen & hacked. More and more merchants are accepting it as it gains adoption.

The obvious difference is buying on credit cards is pay later(and pay the interest) ...crypto is pay now with what you have...aka debit card, check etc...

crypto wallets are hacked daily.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/05/21 01:02 AM

Guys, Y'all need to get Tackle Warehouse to pay for a credit monitoring service for 3 to 5 years. Also, any damages to your credit or identity theft.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/05/21 12:24 PM

ordered a reel last week, paypal payment only. delivers tomorrow too.

I will only use paypal if it is offered, if I have to use a card I have one credit card with a 500.00 limit for that.
can't hack it for much at all after I use it.
Posted By: bsbeantx

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/05/21 03:14 PM

I’ve placed 3 orders with TW over the last 2 months, each was paid for with a debit card. No issues of fraud or unauthorized transactions.

Unrelated to TW I’ve had it happen in the past, some of these instances could be random?? Wells Fargo is good about catching them although I also check.

After reading this though I realized they have my card number saved for checkout and I have no way to delete that info from their website which isn’t right...
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/06/21 11:29 PM

I haven’t had any issues buying from them the last few months. But will keep an eye on my account.
Posted By: Barn

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/07/21 01:01 AM

I've had 2 cards compromised in the last 2 weeks. Alerts and fraud detection caught it. I have used both of them TW but not on recent orders. But rarely use for anything else. I placed an order a couple of weeks ago with a different card. I'm keeping an eye out just in case.

Posted By: champRD

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/07/21 01:13 AM

Are those who have been victims of this certain that it is from a purchase made from tackle warehouse ? Did credit card company confirm this?
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/07/21 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by champRD
Are those who have been victims of this certain that it is from a purchase made from tackle warehouse ? Did credit card company confirm this?
When mine got hacked TW was the only on line store I had used that card, Some charges from NJ and rest was sent to Cali, San Louis-Obispo if I remember right.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/07/21 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by champRD

https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...ve-purchased-from-tw-lately#Post14210829
Posted By: Pk Lake

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/07/21 06:39 AM

On the back end of this. Has anyone alerted Tackle Warehouse? They have had a good rep!

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/07/21 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Pk Lake
On the back end of this. Has anyone alerted Tackle Warehouse? They have had a good rep!

Several from another forum have contacted them, they say it’s “not on their end”. Don’t see how it can’t be though, since many have only used cards there. I keep watching my card, but I don’t recall ordering from them within the last year, I think I’ve been buying everything from LBF. Hopefully anyways.
Posted By: Tx Tree Grower

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/07/21 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Pk Lake

They did acknowledge it on facebook. It was in reply to a post. But basically all they said was the problem had been resolved. From what I am reading here that doesn't appear to be the case.

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/08/21 03:48 AM

Well, there you go, finally admitted it!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/08/21 05:35 PM

Well today seems to be my day it is coming from all different directions what a freaking mess
Posted By: T Bird

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/09/21 01:37 PM

Shame on T/W! Problem been going for at least 2 years and they've known about it. splat
Posted By: jvc58dke

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/09/21 03:58 PM

Just got a charge from Australia on the card I use for my TW orders.....keep an eye out fella's.....
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/09/21 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by jvc58dke
Just got a charge from Australia on the card I use for my TW orders.....keep an eye out fella's.....

Same here......I spoke too soon the other day. lol.
Posted By: tejasbass

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/10/21 07:40 PM

Just received a fraud alert due to a charge from Australia. Cancelled my card and should receive a new one in 4 to 7 days. Last TW transaction was a return on October 28th. Keep your eyes open...
Posted By: Rey Basser

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/10/21 08:29 PM

If you still need to get stuff from TW you could try this service. https://privacy.com/ You can merchant lock a virtual CC.

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/15/21 03:03 AM

Well I’ve been checking my card everyday waiting for my turn and today was it. Except I got hit by a gas station skimmer and I try to watch for the signs. I think I know where it happened and the dirty dogs ran up almost $900 in fuel purchases in 1 day!
Posted By: KnotTexan

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/15/21 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
Well I’ve been checking my card everyday waiting for my turn and today was it. Except I got hit by a gas station skimmer and I try to watch for the signs. I think I know where it happened and the dirty dogs ran up almost $900 in fuel purchases in 1 day!

Wow eeks, that sucks realmad.

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/15/21 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by KnotTexan
Originally Posted by grout-scout

Wow eeks, that sucks realmad.

Sucks for whomever has to eat the fuel cost, while the thief gets away with quite a haul. I don’t know if the gas stations have to absorb the cost or if the credit card says the cost, any one know how it works?
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/15/21 02:47 PM

I got hit myself. Multiple transactions. Fortunately, my bank caught them and none of them went through, and they were smaller transactions. I like TW, but it is going to be hard to buy from them until they get the issue resolved.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: If you purchased from tackle warehouse recently! - 12/15/21 03:03 PM

Man I really wanna buy some stuff during the 25 days of Christmas sale but jeez. Id have to use PayPal
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum