Texas Fishing Forum

Welsh Lake Level

Posted By: Ngerrald

Welsh Lake Level - 11/25/21 11:12 PM

Has the water level come up at welsh ? Haven’t been a about a year, at one point they said pump was broken that brought in water from LOP
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 11/26/21 12:46 AM

It is still down some but easy to launch and take out. Some extra stumps visible where I never knew there were though. Be careful.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 11/26/21 01:31 AM

Pretty sure the pump is back operational. I hit the pump station on Pines 2 weeks ago and it was running...
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 11/26/21 03:07 AM

Was there a few weeks ago and the pump had water coming out but the lake hasn’t come up with it. I’d say it was around 2 1/2-3ft low last time I was there on the 13th.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 11/27/21 09:19 PM

There are links to lake levels on TPWD lake fishing pages
Posted By: bassnman

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 11/27/21 09:30 PM

I don't believe Welsh is included. If you have one for Welsh, please share.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 11/27/21 11:26 PM

The Welsh page does not have a link and I checked the water resource website with Nada. My bad. I believe that is the only lake I have personally looked up that does not have a lake level link.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 11/27/21 11:51 PM

It is pretty low. This past weekend I saw some additional stumps sticking out above the water that I haven't seen before and I am there quite a bit. The water is also very cold for Welsh. It was 57 at the ramp on Friday and only got to 65 all day long.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 11/28/21 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin
It is pretty low. This past weekend I saw some additional stumps sticking out above the water that I haven't seen before and I am there quite a bit. The water is also very cold for Welsh. It was 57 at the ramp on Friday and only got to 65 all day long.

the question is how was fishing.

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 11/28/21 12:48 AM

Very slow and small fish.
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 11/28/21 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by ezbassin
Very slow and small fish.

Thanks...
Posted By: DJB

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 11/28/21 01:52 AM

Plants not running till mid December.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 11/28/21 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by 4Weight
The Welsh page does not have a link and I checked the water resource website with Nada. My bad. I believe that is the only lake I have personally looked up that does not have a lake level link.

Neither is Bastrop, Raven, Bryan, Kurth or Pinkston.
Posted By: TXPuma

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 11/28/21 12:00 PM

I was there Friday with a couple friends. Water level looked about two feet low to me. As stated, water temps ranged from low to mid 60's and was very clear. There was no water being pumped in. Fishing was slow. Between the three of us we caught 15. Most were in the 12" range with a few up to 2 1/2 pounds. They wouldn't bite anything moving for is.
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 11/29/21 02:17 AM

Make sure you're running a 4WD with tonka truck tires

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 11/30/21 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by dk2429
Make sure you're running a 4WD with tonka truck tires

You don't need that at all out there. I just do not understand why people post B/S information. Other tires will work. LOL
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 12/01/21 02:07 AM

Went Sunday, 11/28 and fishing was tough as stated above. Caught 16 with 4 overs. 2 in the boat ramp cove, 2 over the intake fence. I believe lake is around 3-3.5ft low, VERY clear! Around midday started seeing fish on beds and fry everywhere already. Water was 61-67 degrees
Posted By: Fence Guy

Re: Welsh Lake Level - 12/05/21 02:30 PM

Went on 12/3/21. Water was low 3-4 low. Fishing was a grind. Grass is present but not as matted as it once was. It’s all about 3’ below the surface until you get in to the pockets.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum