Texas Fishing Forum

Zaldains

Posted By: Douglas J

Zaldains - 11/15/21 06:03 PM

Did it up right in the Bassmaster Championship on the Texas Coast this past weekend

Trait's team got 9th

Chris and his partner won the championship

[Linked Image]
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Zaldains - 11/15/21 06:15 PM

Watched part of that…I’m assuming Trait is his wife. Pretty cool they were both fishing it
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Zaldains - 11/15/21 06:19 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Hammbone

Re: Zaldains - 11/15/21 06:47 PM

Redfish??
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Zaldains - 11/15/21 07:01 PM

Here we go….
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Zaldains - 11/15/21 07:35 PM

A lot of people supposedly enjoyed the redfishing. I prefer bass fishing though.
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Zaldains - 11/15/21 07:44 PM

What were the details of this event?? I kept seeing posts on social media from pro's about it but I still have no idea what the format was or who was invited and why they were invited.
hmmm

Re: Zaldains - 11/15/21 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Fishinfellow
What were the details of this event?? I kept seeing posts on social media from pro's about it but I still have no idea what the format was or who was invited and why they were invited.
hmmm

One commonality was that they are all skeeter pro staff.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Zaldains - 11/15/21 07:50 PM

Google is your friend....

https://www.bassmaster.com/tourname...-cup-championship-presented-skeeter-2021
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Zaldains - 11/15/21 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Brent S
hmmm

Not all of them.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Zaldains - 11/15/21 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by BriannShell
Watched part of that…I’m assuming Trait is his wife. Pretty cool they were both fishing it

You mean the wife that gave up/retired from bass the opens?
Originally Posted by Ken A.
Google is your friend....

Yes it is https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/14091718/1

Re: Zaldains - 11/15/21 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
hmmm

Not all of them.

Oh yeah, Patrick Walters is Falcon.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Zaldains - 11/15/21 10:45 PM

Half the boats weren't Skeeters. I thought it was a cool tournament. Bass guys and gals brought some different techniques.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Zaldains - 11/15/21 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Douglas J
Did it up right in the Bassmaster Championship on the Texas Coast this past weekend

Trait's team got 9th

[Linked Image]

There were only 10 Teams.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Zaldains - 11/15/21 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Fishspanker
Originally Posted by Douglas J

Trait's team got 9th

[Linked Image]

There were only 10 Teams.

roflmao
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Zaldains - 11/15/21 11:41 PM

Not to criticize but fishing any tournament with a slot limit is not an accurate indication of how the anglers truly performed.

I fished an event on Fork one May and my partner & I caught over 100# of fish off one deep spot and took one bass to weigh in for 1 lb 4 oz.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Zaldains - 11/16/21 12:08 AM

Watched a little Saturday and Sunday, couple things that make one scratch their head. 1 tournament with no series and we have a Championship??? They throw professional fishermen in with whom? Are the redfish guys guides or professional redfish anglers?

It was cool, but also a bit wonky.
Posted By: ssmith

Re: Zaldains - 11/16/21 12:55 AM

when you fish for saltwater carp everybody should get a participation trophy.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Zaldains - 11/16/21 03:36 AM

Not to criticize but fishing any tournament with a slot limit is not an accurate indication of how the anglers truly performed.

I fished an event on Fork one May and my partner & I caught over 100# of fish off one deep spot and took one bass to weigh in for 1 lb 4 oz.

Yeh. It means y’all didn’t do very good. At all. Part of fishing a slot tourney is knowing when to reel up the lines and MOVE. roflmao
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Zaldains - 11/16/21 09:40 AM

A lot of people supposedly enjoyed the redfishing. I prefer bass fishing though.

I was/am just like you. I prefer bass fishing. But catching reds on bass tackle is a LOT of fun. Great fighting fish that's fun to catch on tackle you already have.
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Zaldains - 11/16/21 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by ssmith

Lol Those little green sunfish everyone gets so emotional about are whimps compared to those “Carp” peep grin

Re: Zaldains - 11/16/21 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen

Yeh. It means y’all didn’t do very good. At all. Part of fishing a slot tourney is knowing when to reel up the lines and MOVE. roflmao

Agreed Steez-A ton of luck is involved also-Your eyes are the fish finder and you need to throw at the right ones. Those Reds can get just as picky like Bass and can get spooked easily.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Zaldains - 11/16/21 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bayou Burner

Lol Those little green sunfish everyone gets so emotional about are whimps compared to those “Carp” peep grin

Redfish keep fighting in the ice cooler for twenty minutes.

Re: Zaldains - 11/16/21 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX

Redfish keep fighting in the ice cooler for twenty minutes.

The anglers even got to use a net to land the fish-Game Changer grin I watched the stream throughout the weekend and thought BASS did a great job.
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Zaldains - 11/16/21 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by grout-scout
Watched a little Saturday and Sunday, couple things that make one scratch their head. 1 tournament with no series and we have a Championship??? They throw professional fishermen in with whom? Are the redfish guys guides or professional redfish anglers?

It was cool, but also a bit wonky.

They are national redfish series guys
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Zaldains - 11/16/21 11:20 PM

Well said. Red the same size will out fight any species of bass. Smallmouth is bit better but still doesn't have the power of a similar sized red
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Zaldains - 11/17/21 12:58 AM

I noticed that a chatter bait was being used by some. Will traditional chatter baits hold up to saltwater or is there a SS bait out there?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum