Texas Fishing Forum

Boat Insurance

Posted By: Fishinfellow

Boat Insurance - 11/11/21 09:55 PM

I know this topic has been covered before but I couldn't find much info using the search feature. Who are y'all using for your boaters insurance?
Posted By: 361V

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/11/21 10:23 PM

I have been with Bob Luellen w/Worldwide Marine for quite a few years now. “Knock on Wood” I have had no claims so I cant vouch for that but many on the TFF have and have said they were stellar. For me they were 1/2 the price I was paying with State Farm and it was better coverage. One of the big pluses of the policy I got w/Worldwide over what I was getting from State Farm was in the event of a total loose I’m insured for the original contracted amount. The boat was covered years ago by them and the amount of the boat/motor/attached options insured value at that time was $52,000.00. I have kept that “contracted value” all these years so in the event of a total loose that is the amount I would receive. Not some grossly depreciated value like most standard policies. The trailer has its own additional value as does all my “non-attached” fishing tackle. High liability amount but I do not remember the amount. Several years ago this policy cost me $500 annually and I was paying $1,000 to State Farm. The last time I renewed w/Worldwide it was $700 annually. http://www.worldwidemarineins.com/
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/11/21 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by 361V
I have been with Bob Luellen w/Worldwide Marine for quite a few years now. “Knock on Wood” I have had no claims so I cant vouch for that but many on the TFF have and have said they were stellar. For me they were 1/2 the price I was paying with State Farm and it was better coverage. One of the big pluses of the policy I got w/Worldwide over what I was getting from State Farm was in the event of a total loose I’m insured for the original contracted amount. The boat was covered years ago by them and the amount of the boat/motor/attached options insured value at that time was $52,000.00. I have kept that “contracted value” all these years so in the event of a total loose that is the amount I would receive. Not some grossly depreciated value like most standard policies. The trailer has its own additional value as does all my “non-attached” fishing tackle. High liability amount but I do not remember the amount. Several years ago this policy cost me $500 annually and I was paying $1,000 to State Farm. The last time I renewed w/Worldwide it was $700 annually. http://www.worldwidemarineins.com/

My insurance is the same. Started the beginning of this year with them at 800 a year.
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/11/21 11:17 PM

Ryan McCoy, saved me over $200 when I switched to Travellers and got better coverage
903-574-2277
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/12/21 12:09 AM

Boat US and Geico...they have been great and the prices very reasonable.

I've had to use their tow service once on the CO river due to being way too beached on a sandbar. Thanks to a blind corner. Nothing out of my pocket other than lost practice time at the tourney.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/12/21 12:31 AM

travelers. I got an 04 and got really good coverage on a stated value policy. they even cover motor issues
Posted By: Jimmie Moreland

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/12/21 12:33 AM

Amica - under $600 a year for my 07 ZX200
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/12/21 02:18 PM

Ryan McCoy. 903-574-2277
Posted By: Barbers Tree

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/12/21 02:26 PM

X 2 super happy with mine
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/12/21 02:48 PM

Travelers all day. Work in insurance and their policy is one of very few that cover engine mechanical issues. Anyone that's ever had those should know that's with it's weight in gold.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/12/21 03:00 PM

I used Worldwide marine for a while...but I found it odd that shortly after signing up, my account was sold to another company. Then a few years later to another. Not sure what that was about, but I didn't feel it was right so when I purchased my latest boat I made the switch to Boat US/Geico based on feedback from several friends.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/12/21 04:41 PM

Chubb. Very reasonable and great customer service. And they cover when in international waters when I fish Amistad or Falcon.
Posted By: tjbubba1

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/12/21 05:18 PM

Chubb as well
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/12/21 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
I used Worldwide marine for a while...but I found it odd that shortly after signing up, my account was sold to another company. Then a few years later to another. Not sure what that was about, but I didn't feel it was right so when I purchased my latest boat I made the switch to Boat US/Geico based on feedback from several friends.

They are yankee mentality for sure.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/12/21 07:29 PM

Travelers
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/12/21 08:01 PM

Good to hear travelers getting shout outs! I really never heard them mentioned when I researched before. Ended up gettin them recommended for bundling...and started talking to their boat people. i asked them 574 different ways...."so my 2004 2 stroke will be covered for mechanical issues" and the answer was always yes. Also called twice in the months after getting it and asked if my mechanical motor issues were covered...and yup. The random call center people would always confirm.

Theyre kinda hardasses to approve you (got declined by them years ago with homeowners due to a semi recent roof claim) but seems like you are golden once you are a customer!
Posted By: mitchell_usmc

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/12/21 10:13 PM

It all depends on what boat you have....Geico and Progressive were both over $4000. Travelers ended up at $1100 with same coverage. I shopped for days.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/13/21 12:22 AM

I just changed from Worldwide to The Lakes Insurance out of Nacogdoches
Posted By: justin45

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/14/21 02:42 AM

Skisafe. Good deal for my 2018 skeeter. About 700 yr.
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/14/21 02:47 AM

I've never had boat insurance.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/15/21 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by bbassfishes
Travelers all day. Work in insurance and their policy is one of very few that cover engine mechanical issues. Anyone that's ever had those should know that's with it's weight in gold.

I went with travelers also.
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/15/21 01:38 PM

Since I have never had a new boat in the last 29 years I use Progressive. There insurance is pretty fair but better than that they actually pay claims quite well. I have had two substantial claims on two different boats and they paid.
Posted By: junk baits

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/15/21 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Barbers Tree

X3 great!
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/16/21 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by junk baits
Originally Posted by Barbers Tree

X3 great!

Same here.
Posted By: ETxRT

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/17/21 01:57 AM

Yet another vote for Travelers! Best rates anywhere with excellent coverage.
Posted By: Tanner101

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/23/21 08:10 PM

State Farm, along with everything else.
Posted By: dallasdawg

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/23/21 09:04 PM

I have mine with USAA (as well as home, auto).
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Boat Insurance - 11/24/21 01:33 AM

Ill be closing a deal on a Skeeter ZX200 next week and I checked with Ryan McCoy; he's in the insurance section of TFF, and he got me a really good quote from Travelers. We went with bass tournament requirement level insurance; and if I remember right some sort of coverage on motor failure, and it was only about $800 a year.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum