Texas Fishing Forum

OH Ivie Fishing

Posted By: cr2018

OH Ivie Fishing - 11/09/21 03:48 PM

Me and a buddy are going to Ivie for the first time this weekend and are just wondering what to expect? Anywhere we need to stay away from running or tree lines to avoid? Thanks.
Posted By: J.H.S.

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 11/09/21 04:19 PM

Expect alot of boats. 3 tournaments over there I know of as of now. All rooms booked. The nearest place to stay is Ballinger. My advice, choose another weekend. If you do go, don't get out of the channel or your trip will be cut short.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 11/09/21 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by J.H.S.
Expect alot of boats. 3 tournaments over there I know of as of now. All rooms booked. The nearest place to stay is Ballinger. My advice, choose another weekend. If you do go, don't get out of the channel or your trip will be cut short.

You mean were not the only club fishing this weekend..... I thought we reserved the lake to ourselves.
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 11/09/21 04:41 PM

Very easy lake to run. Idle if your unsure, however there are many runs outside of the main channel. Once you see it for yourself you will be able to run to the back of several creeks
Posted By: cr2018

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 11/09/21 05:05 PM

Sounds good. I’m not opposed to being around people we do it all the time, thanks man!

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 11/09/21 06:47 PM

If you go up river just be careful and stay in the channel. Aside from that, enjoy! Good luck.

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 11/09/21 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by tmd11111

You mean were not the only club fishing this weekend..... I thought we reserved the lake to ourselves.

I thought after the tough time CHamps had that the fishing pressure would die down. Doesn't appear so lol
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 11/09/21 06:54 PM

Have the snowbirds started gathering at Ivie yet? Does Ivie have adequate cleaning stations for them?
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 11/09/21 08:53 PM

I thought after the tough time CHamps had that the fishing pressure would die down. Doesn't appear so lol

It's because we're slow learners

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 11/09/21 09:10 PM

It's because we're slow learners

As long as you don't come here with unrealistic expectations, or expect it to be anything close to what it was last year, you'll be okay. Other lakes are fishing better right now.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: OH Ivie Fishing - 11/10/21 01:40 AM

You forgot to say "little" club fishing.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum