Texas Fishing Forum

Lowrance guys

Posted By: davidsears

Lowrance guys - 11/07/21 11:57 PM

Does anyone know what the difference would be in comparing a Lowrance HDS 12 gen 2 to a new Ti2-12? I've seen the old HDS 12 gen 2 go for around $750 to $850 without ducer and the Ti2-12 with 3-1 for $1,000 - $1,200. I have a HDS 9 gen 2 on the console now and would like to get a 12 and move the 9 to the bow. I'm not looking to get into higher end Carbons, Live, et. Just want to know what you Lowrance guys think is better between the 12 gen 2 or the Ti2-12?

Thanks for any input.
Posted By: grout-scout

Re: Lowrance guys - 11/08/21 12:27 AM

What you gain with the gen2, is having an Ethernet port for networking. The Ti2 has no Ethernet port. The screens look the same to me between both graphs, the Carbon & Live models have way better screens, when viewing in the sun.

Not sure you can find a new Ti2, they were replaced with a F something model and it’s biggest screen is 9”.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Lowrance guys - 11/08/21 12:34 AM

When money is a factror you have it backwards. You want the 12 inch on the bow and use the 9 in. to get you to your spots while driving. You do your homework at home on the computer and you already know where the fish are before you ever get on the water. I will drive around a few areas and take a look at the cover that is there. Big bass are masters at hiding out of view; so circling around and around is not for me. I know that the best and most irregular contours will hold fish by studying at home. Use the small depth finder to get there then fish; using the larger front depth finder to see them.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Lowrance guys - 11/08/21 03:51 PM

The Ti's network through a NEMA 2000 and will share everything but transducers. The Ti's are getting hard to come by now that Lowrance has replaced them.
Posted By: Top Waters

Re: Lowrance guys - 11/08/21 06:33 PM

I may have a Gen2 12 I would part with. I have picked up a couple of Carbon 12's and I need to get them running before I switch out. I'll PM you my contact if you want to discuss.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum