Texas Fishing Forum

O.H. Ivie ramps

Posted By: TxPanhandle

O.H. Ivie ramps - 11/04/21 09:24 PM

Which ramp at Ivie would be easier to load and unload Concho Park Marina or Elm Creek. I am 77 and plan on loading and unloading by my self.
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: O.H. Ivie ramps - 11/04/21 09:28 PM

You also have Padgett Park which is a lot less traffic
Posted By: LowSkeeter04

Re: O.H. Ivie ramps - 11/04/21 09:30 PM

As far as unloading by yourself, i dont think you would notice much difference between the two.
Concho would be protected more from a heavy south wind if that was to be a factor, it would also be better to put in if you were planning to fish up the rivers.
Elm Creek would be slightly more protected from a heavy north wind and would be better if you were fishing main lake.
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: O.H. Ivie ramps - 11/04/21 10:06 PM

I'd choose Elm. Flatter area to beach a boat.
Posted By: 9094

Re: O.H. Ivie ramps - 11/04/21 10:25 PM

Use the ramp next to the dock back up close enough to step from dock into your boat. Easy peasy
Posted By: bockscar

Re: O.H. Ivie ramps - 11/04/21 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by RedRaider3933
I'd choose Elm. Flatter area to beach a boat.

I went and gassed up at Concho and was going to launch there...but decided against it because the ramp looked like a steeper angle. I just got a 2wd so I wasnt liking that. Im sure its a tiny amount if anything....but i didnt like the looks of the Concho ramp...in my opinion
Posted By: TxPanhandle

Re: O.H. Ivie ramps - 11/05/21 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by 9094
Use the ramp next to the dock back up close enough to step from dock into your boat. Easy peasy

Thanks for the information. That is how I launch at Amistad and makes it easy for a old man.
Posted By: JLA4E

Re: O.H. Ivie ramps - 11/05/21 02:11 PM

Concho ramps are pretty steep. I’d go Elm unless you plan on fishing the upper end and don’t want to run the lake
Posted By: BWG

Re: O.H. Ivie ramps - 11/06/21 03:10 AM

Elm for sure
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum