Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Cat Puma STS

Posted By: Monty Wright

Bass Cat Puma STS - 11/02/21 05:55 AM

Cool short video of a boat walk through with Rick Pierce over on BASS' website.

BASS Tour The New Bass Cat Puma STA
Posted By: Rescue Fire

Re: Bass Cat Puma STS - 11/02/21 09:31 AM

Good looking boat. reminds me that I should put my Panterra in the water a little more than I do.
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Bass Cat Puma STS - 11/02/21 11:31 AM

Love that Seadek style of flooring. They should all go to that!
Posted By: fivebites

Re: Bass Cat Puma STS - 11/02/21 11:42 AM

Is this the model with the Champion hull?
Posted By: rickys

Re: Bass Cat Puma STS - 11/02/21 11:48 AM

No, this is a wide deck boat like the Lynx but with a lot of the puma hull mixed in it. It's a cool boat. I'm excited to get in it!
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Bass Cat Puma STS - 11/02/21 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by fivebites
Is this the model with the Champion hull?

No that's the hybrid 203
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Bass Cat Puma STS - 11/02/21 12:36 PM

thumb
Posted By: coachallentca

Re: Bass Cat Puma STS - 11/02/21 03:21 PM

I can dream...That is sweet..
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Bass Cat Puma STS - 11/02/21 07:07 PM

I really like parts of it. Other parts I think I just don’t understand what they’re thinking at BCB. The stepped screen positions on the bow? Why would you want that. One of them is literally beside your foot. Not a great location for using the information. The wasted space with one center storage in the bow seems odd. Is the only center box really deep? Or is it just dead space under the floor? I also don’t like the two graphs at the console being spaced apart with a gauge in the middle. Looks better and works better when they are directly side by side. IMO. The sea deck looks pieces together. The lines in the floor coverings don’t line up. That could, and should, be fixed. Looks like an afterthought.

I REALLY like the quick release bilge hatch doors. That’s cool. I also like the access allowed for pumps. I like the new style latches on the boxes. Also like stomp switches for the trim/tilt.

BCB’s are well built boats…I get it…they just have some odd layouts sometimes. I think they listen to what weirdos want in their boats a little too often. roflmao
Posted By: WhiskeyTango223

Re: Bass Cat Puma STS - 11/02/21 07:21 PM

Texas Boat Works in Fort Worth have several Puma STSs on the way, the pro staffers boats will be here in December and January with floor models coming soon after. I'll be happy to demo mine when I get it.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Bass Cat Puma STS - 11/02/21 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rescue Fire
Good looking boat. reminds me that I should put my Panterra in the water a little more than I do.

My boat will be down for 2 weeks. I'll take your Pantera out for you. You can even come along!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum