Texas Fishing Forum

Aaron Martens

Posted By: beartrap

Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 02:56 PM

I copied this from another forum and also posted it on other topics....

""Sorry if this has been posted, and I missed it. I see Aarons mother, Carol, posted that he has stopped taking all calls and texts. He is incredibly close to heaven or a miraculous miracle from god. All his family has come to Bama to be with him. I am praying for you buddy, as we all are. You have better place waiting for you.""

please keep Aaron and his family in your thoughts and prayers...
Posted By: TinRangerJim

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 03:01 PM

Copied from Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=4810434508976432&set=gm.6136021223087377&__cft__

Continued prayers angel
Posted By: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 03:43 PM

Yeah I just seen that! Really sad deal had the pleasure of meeting him a few times was one of the nicest people ever. Prayers for him and his family 🙏
Posted By: tejasbass

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 04:01 PM

Prayers to Aaron and his family and friends.
Posted By: 4Weight

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 04:38 PM

That's a shame. Prayers are with him and his family.
Posted By: Texasrebel649

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 04:50 PM

🙏
Posted By: Pico Pearch

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 04:57 PM

Praying for a healing!!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 05:07 PM

Still Praying for that miracle. God Bless him and his family.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 05:24 PM

A shame for anyone his age and w/a family. The good news is this is just a “blip” on the radar when compared to eternity! And we have seen many miracles when God choose to step in for His glory. Prayers for his family!
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 05:27 PM

Prayers for Aaron and his family.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 07:28 PM

This is very sad. Cancer is evil. He's a really good guy. Prayers for him, his family and friends.
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 07:41 PM

Continued prayers
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 07:48 PM

Aaron if you can't live with us mortals then you will be with GOD.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 08:56 PM

So sad.
Posted By: kcb

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 09:20 PM

I am really sorry to hear this. Prayers for Aaron & his family. There are not adequate words.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 10:31 PM

Truly sad news, may Arron find peace and get to enjoy the love of his family.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 11:41 PM

Sometimes it just seems the worst things happen to the best people. Such a good, humble family man. I hate this so bad for him and his family.
Posted By: Richard C

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 11:44 PM

angel2
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/23/21 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
Sometimes it just seems the worst things happen to the best people. Such a good, humble family man. I hate this so bad for him and his family.

Could not be more true. Spent a couple of days riding with him. Nobody I ever rode with was a nicer guy. A superstar of the sport yet carried himself as a a normal every day good honest family guy. Just a super nice person. Prayers go out to Aaron and everyone around him.
Posted By: Rube G.

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/24/21 12:41 AM

Prayers Sent to Aaron and family.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/24/21 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by BriannShell
Prayers for Aaron and his family.

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/24/21 03:23 PM

Just saw this post by Enigma. https://www.facebook.com/EnigmaFishing/

A-Mart is the sole reason I own two of these rods. Continued prayers to all.
Posted By: Mark Jones

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/24/21 04:13 PM

Such a tough deal, prayers for Aaron and his entire family.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/24/21 04:29 PM

angel2
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/24/21 06:20 PM

Aaron is such a nice guy. Very sad news. Prayers up for him and his family.
Posted By: bockscar

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/24/21 06:50 PM

any updates?
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/24/21 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by bockscar
any updates?

you haven't read a single post in this thread have you?
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/24/21 07:57 PM

Cancer is absolutely the worst. It has taken several of my family members to soon, including my stepfather who helped raise me since I was 5. He died from the same cancer Aaron has. Praying for Aaron, his family and friends. May God bless them all.
Posted By: Top Waters

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/24/21 09:09 PM

Prayers for one of the good guys. angel2
Posted By: Alan

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/24/21 09:26 PM

One of my favorite anglers
Posted By: Cass Caldwell

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/24/21 10:45 PM

Prayers. Hoping for a miracle.
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 12:47 AM

Aaron is one of greats...legends...etc. I've met him a few times at different events. Very humble and down to earth when you spoke with him. He would joke around about his OCD and the need to keep everything tight and in order.

Continued prayers A-A-RON and family.
Posted By: Jerry Brown

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 12:04 PM

In line to buy a 100 pk of 10” blue fleck power worms at The Fun N Sun tackle show and Aaron walks up and asks, “you catch fish on those?”, my reply without hesitation, “nah bro, I just like the way they make my boat smell”. Made him laugh out loud and we chatted for a few minutes.

Never much of a fan of his until that day. Watching him visit with folks, genuinely interested in what they were talking about, and seeing what a nice and unique guy he was, he won a fan that day. Really sucks what he and his family are going through this.

If you think cancer sucks [censored] as much as I do, come join us next Sunday on Hubbard for Fish for a Cure as the Ray Hubbard Bass Club teams up with the American Cancer Society to raise money andhave a lil’ fun in the process.
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 02:38 PM

Great guy - met him at TexasFest on RR in 2015 and he was awesome to talk with. Class Act angel
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 02:51 PM

The best "mumbler" on the planet. So cool to listen to him talk and openly question and critique himself when he was fishing. Seemed he was always trying to find a "better way" to catch em and was never comfortable, even when he was catching fish. Seems like a very humble person. The wheels were always spinning trying to figure out a better way to catch em. God bless him and his family. Prayers for them!!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 02:57 PM

Prayers for Aaron and family.
Posted By: James P.

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 05:45 PM

I heard he passed this morning RIP Amart angel
Posted By: Chuck A

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 05:57 PM

angel
Prayers for all
Posted By: dbell47

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 06:02 PM

Sad to hear. Prayers sent. angel
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 06:10 PM

angel2
Posted By: ZX4545

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 06:16 PM

angel2
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 06:35 PM

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Posted By: Overworked2020

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by James P.

Where'd you hear that?

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by James P.

Was this posted anywhere? or confirned? I was hoping no news was good news. I was looking forward to him winding down his pro career and doing more youtube. I could listen to that guy talk in his extreme detail all day!

RIP to AMart and condolences to his family if they see this. Not important....but if it wasnt for AMart, i never wouldve picked up a spinning reel and thrown a dropshot. Im sure im not alone, and AMart definitely helped make some guys like me better fisherman. RIP Hog snatcher.
Posted By: Verkeith

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 07:27 PM

Sad news for sure. I send my condolences and prayers to his family!!
Posted By: MV

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 07:29 PM

Had a buddy pass this morning too. Dang cancers
Posted By: Swimbaitbasser

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 07:53 PM

Aaron, hey brother if it's true that you left us, peace be with you dude. You made such an impact in the world of bass fishing and enriched many lives, fisherman and non fisherman. Thank you for all you have done. Thank you for showing the world what a humble, cool dude looks like. A man who had passion for fishing and helping his fellow angler with all things related to bass fishing. You were one of the good ones brother.

The world is confusing at times and it's hard to comprehend how things like this happen. An awesome healthy man given a horrible heath issue out of the blue. Cancer is the devil.

Back in Jan. 2021 I was diagnosed with testicular cancer at age 39. One moment I was good and in a blink of the eye things changed. Had surgery for removal of left nad and it was 100% seminoma which was a blessing. Three months of BEPx3 chemo ending in May and it was ruff, toughest thing I've delt with so far in life but I had it on easy street compared to Aaron and many others who where in the treatment center with me. It's been a rough comeback but I' am getting back to it the best I can and try to keep a positive attitude, Aaron really showed me what positivity looks like. My family was key in keeping me stable and in good spirits and a warrior who was a EOD dude in the ARMY who had been through a lot of pain and seen a lot of suffering and carnage, he gave me a few pep talks that really helped, thank you Brandon. Also the nurses at the infusion center are angels straight from the hands of the lord thank you ladies.

Cancer is a huge wake up call and helps hammer home the point that life is precious and can be gone in the blink of an eye. I, like my fellow humans get bummed out at times and depressed but I'am truly blessed,I'm on the gravy train compared to so many in this world.

Aaron you are loved brother, by all the basser's here on earth and by the Lord. Thank you for all you have done. You helped me get in to Megabass and Basstrix back in the day hahaha. You are a great man, take care.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family and friends. Bless all of you.

Sincerely, just a construction dude SC.
Posted By: Phoenix_Ed

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 09:31 PM

They have deleted that post and issued a retraction. Continued prayers.

Posted By: Richard C

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 09:36 PM

Hate to hear that, He will be the King of Fishing on the "Big Pond".
Posted By: Overworked2020

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 09:47 PM

https://www.facebook.com/Wildwestbasstrail/posts/2931783540469674

Says he's till alive and fighting for his life
Posted By: mudd

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 10:10 PM

Must of been a touch and go moment for so many to have posted that news
Posted By: 1oldbassguy

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/25/21 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by Swimbaitbasser
Aaron, hey brother if it's true that you left us, peace be with you dude. You made such an impact in the world of bass fishing and enriched many lives, fisherman and non fisherman. Thank you for all you have done. Thank you for showing the world what a humble, cool dude looks like. A man who had passion for fishing and helping his fellow angler with all things related to bass fishing. You were one of the good ones brother.

The world is confusing at times and it's hard to comprehend how things like this happen. An awesome healthy man given a horrible heath issue out of the blue. Cancer is the devil.

Back in Jan. 2021 I was diagnosed with testicular cancer at age 39. One moment I was good and in a blink of the eye things changed. Had surgery for removal of left nad and it was 100% seminoma which was a blessing. Three months of BEPx3 chemo ending in May and it was ruff, toughest thing I've delt with so far in life but I had it on easy street compared to Aaron and many others who where in the treatment center with me. It's been a rough comeback but I' am getting back to it the best I can and try to keep a positive attitude, Aaron really showed me what positivity looks like. My family was key in keeping me stable and in good spirits and a warrior who was a EOD dude in the ARMY who had been through a lot of pain and seen a lot of suffering and carnage, he gave me a few pep talks that really helped, thank you Brandon. Also the nurses at the infusion center are angels straight from the hands of the lord thank you ladies.

Cancer is a huge wake up call and helps hammer home the point that life is precious and can be gone in the blink of an eye. I, like my fellow humans get bummed out at times and depressed but I'am truly blessed,I'm on the gravy train compared to so many in this world.

Aaron you are loved brother, by all the basser's here on earth and by the Lord. Thank you for all you have done. You helped me get in to Megabass and Basstrix back in the day hahaha. You are a great man, take care.

glad to hear your results came out good , I am also glad to hear that Aaron is still fighting . My brother in law and a very close work colleague both died from a Glioblastoma . They tend to be found mostly in men .
I have another brother in law that had it and survived . The newest technology on these uses highly targeted " viruses " to attack the tumors .
For myself , I have had two tumors removed , one was a large basal cell carcinoma and the other was a very rare tumor that grew in my lip . The tumor in my lip could have gone either way --- benign or malignant .
Turned out to be benign and 5 hours later they saved my lip and removed the tumor . SCARED THE TAR OUT OF ME .
Prayers for Aaron , his wife and family ---only God knows his future .
Posted By: 6BOOMER

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/26/21 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy
Originally Posted by Swimbaitbasser

glad to hear your results came out good , I am also glad to hear that Aaron is still fighting . My brother in law and a very close work colleague both died from a Glioblastoma . They tend to be found mostly in men .
I have another brother in law that had it and survived . The newest technology on these uses highly targeted " viruses " to attack the tumors .
For myself , I have had two tumors removed , one was a large basal cell carcinoma and the other was a very rare tumor that grew in my lip . The tumor in my lip could have gone either way --- benign or malignant .
Turned out to be benign and 5 hours later they saved my lip and removed the tumor . SCARED THE TAR OUT OF ME .
Prayers for Aaron , his wife and family ---only God knows his future .

Facebook news always legit..(not)
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/26/21 12:44 AM

Contined prayers for my friend i know he helped me catch a 5.44 dropshot fish this morning been a tough big fish year for me, he's a fighter and will beat this.
God speed my friend! angel2

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/26/21 01:09 AM

Im hoping its fake news and the Hog Snatcher is able to keep fighting! No news is good news right now!

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/27/21 11:56 PM

Dang, there is all kinds of news items online. One says he's gone, another says he's hanging in there.

Prayers up for you, Aaron!

angel2
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/27/21 11:59 PM

Brent Chapman had a video yesterday where him and his wife spent the day with Aaron and his wife yesterday morning. Lots of fake news out there.

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/28/21 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ken Starling
Brent Chapman had a video yesterday where him and his wife spent the day with Aaron and his wife yesterday morning. Lots of fake news out there.

🙏

No news is good news! Glad you did see that video....too many people trying to be the first with bad news out there nowadays. hoping for the best for the Martens🤞
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/28/21 12:38 PM

Prayers for Aaron. My nephew is going through this same thing right now. He just had his third surgery at MD Anderson on his brain. It is miraculous he is still with us and functioning pretty close to normal, but he is a fighter. He is 40 yrs old.

We will continue to pray for Aaron and his family.
Posted By: Hammbone

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/28/21 04:12 PM

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Re: Aaron Martens - 10/28/21 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ken A.
Prayers for Aaron. My nephew is going through this same thing right now. He just had his third surgery at MD Anderson on his brain. It is miraculous he is still with us and functioning pretty close to normal, but he is a fighter. He is 40 yrs old.

We will continue to pray for Aaron and his family.

Prayers for your nephew Ken. This disease is insidious. It takes a toll not only on the patient but everyone close to them. Prayers for everyone dealing with cancer.
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 12:17 AM

It is being reported he has passed. Wired2Fish just released it
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 12:19 AM

Prayers to his family
Posted By: beartrap

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 12:30 AM

R.I.P. prayers for his family……certainly a credit to our sport….
Posted By: Barn

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 12:32 AM

Posted by family on Facebook

Jesus tells us in Matthew 5:14-16 “You are the light of the world... let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven.” And what a wonderful light he was. Aaron passed after a 19-month battle with Glioblastoma. We are heartbroken beyond words. I can’t imagine life without him but we take solace in knowing that he’s walked into glory - the only glory that truly matters. Thank you to everyone that supported us during the past 19 months through texts, posts, phone calls, visits, and fundraisers. Your kindness, prayers, and love encouraged us every day and Aaron and I wholeheartedly felt your love.

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 12:37 AM

Rest in Peace to a good man

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 12:40 AM

Such a loss. He was one of tge greats on and off the water. My heart and prayers go out to his family.
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 12:43 AM

Man I hate this year. To many close friends and fishing heros are dying.
Posted By: Slicefixer

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 12:52 AM

Just an awful disease....obviously he was a good man as his peers certainly liked and respected him.....and he fought, and fought, and fought this terrible brain cancer.....RIP to a champion fisherman, but, most importantly, a fine human being.....
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 12:54 AM

So sad, and gone too soon. Rest In Peace A Mart.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 12:57 AM

That is really sad, thoughts and prayers out to the family.
Posted By: Chuck72

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 12:58 AM

Rest In Peace.
Posted By: Wash84

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 01:01 AM

i was huge admire of him so sad prayers go out to his family.
Posted By: Kodyjoe

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 01:07 AM

RIP. Sir. You were one of lthe Great Ones...
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 01:08 AM

Tough one. RIP good sir. Save some in the crystal sea for the rest of us!
Posted By: T21x

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 01:09 AM

Prayers go out for the family.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 01:14 AM

One of the greatest anglers and an even better human being. May he rest in peace
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 01:19 AM

RIP Amart.
Posted By: Darin S.

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 01:31 AM

Probably the worst of all cancers. I have experienced it first hand with my step father who was a great Dad. Rest In Peace Amart. May God and his Angels send comfort to Aaron’s family and friends.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 01:35 AM

Rest In Peace.

The “HAWG SNATCHER”! I’ll never forget watching him fish the Elites and seeing him flipping black n yellow baits way back in the reeds. He looked like he was really having fun. I admire that. He definitely enjoyed his “work” and was VERY good at it.

He surely is missed by everyone that knew him. One of the greats. Gone too soon.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 02:00 AM

RIP

This one stings
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 02:03 AM

RIP good sir. Gone way way too soon.

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 02:11 AM

RIP Aaron. Loved hearing you talk and your extreme attention to detail when it comes to fishing and big thanks owed for sharing your knowledge!

If any of the family/friends reads this....my condolences and you should rest well knowing Aaron made me a better fisherman, and Im sure the ENTIRE fishing community will say the same! Aaron definitely left the fishing world a better place than it was when he showed up!

RIP HawgSnatcher!
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 02:20 AM

RIP.

I think him going back and trying to fish says alot. What a fighter .

bow_down
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 02:22 AM

RIP.

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Chasin Hogs
RIP.

I think him going back and trying to fish says alot. What a fighter .

bow_down

100% agree!

GOATed for sure!
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 02:29 AM

RIP A-Mart. The man had expertise like no other.
Posted By: 572Fitter

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 02:30 AM

RIP
Posted By: SC-001

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 02:40 AM

I watched all the US Open facebook live last month and you just knew, my prayers go out to his wife kids and mom frown
Posted By: Clint W.

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 03:10 AM

RIP.
Was always a fan.
Posted By: kcb

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 04:22 AM

Will always be remembered as one of the great ones. Praying for all those that were close to him especially his wife and children.

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 05:02 AM

Rest In Peace.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 10:38 AM

No more suffering… he is whole again. RIP Hawg Snatcher.
Posted By: Dean Coleman

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 10:58 AM

Coolest guy in fishing…without knowing it. Terrible loss. Absolutely heartbreaking. Sincerest Condolences to the family.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 11:07 AM

RIP Aaron.
Posted By: Bandit 200 XP

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 11:08 AM

RIP
Posted By: Bassattak

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 11:21 AM

RIP. Prayers to his family
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 11:52 AM

RIP A.M.
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 12:16 PM

God Bless the family, for they have gone through a lot of trying times. Prayer sent to all his family and friends.
Posted By: Slide_R

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 12:39 PM

Aaron Martens had a passion for fishing and lived a God fearing life. My prayers go out to his family and friends. Mr. Martens will be remembered for his on water and off water actions, I respect him greatly.
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 12:58 PM

I always enjoyed Aaron's humility. He was very real. Rest in peace Brother.

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 01:14 PM

Rest in peace Aaron. Prayer to his friends and family.
Posted By: Verkeith

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 01:24 PM

Enjoyed watching him fish. My prayers and condolences go out to the Martens family! He was loved by many, but GOD loved him more!!!
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 02:04 PM

Very sad, Prayers to the family.
Posted By: Hammbone

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 02:06 PM

R.I.P. my Brother, you accomplished your mission and “Added to the life’s of many” 🙏🏻🎣🙏🏻🎣
Posted By: Alan

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 02:10 PM

A truly nice guy. We need more like him. RIP
Posted By: GeoFisher

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 02:13 PM

So Humble, So Talented. May he rest in peace and prayers for the family.
Posted By: DillonCan'tFish

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by buda13
No more suffering… he is whole again. RIP Hawg Snatcher.

Rest easy AMart. You made this world a better place for a lot of people.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 04:16 PM

angel2
Posted By: avid_basser

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 04:49 PM

You could easily see by this thread and the out pouring of support on the various other channels that Aaron made a significant impact on the world not just in fishing.

RIP to a Legend A-A-Ron

Be at peace and rip some lips with those gracing the heavens before you.

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 05:36 PM

I would love to see BPT or BASS name their AOY trophy after him.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry
I would love to see BPT or BASS name their AOY trophy after him.

That's a good idea
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 07:10 PM

Prayers for his family. What a terrible loss to all of us.
Posted By: Ranger 188

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 08:17 PM

RIP. Terrible loss, so young, so sad. Still my favorite pro fisherman. He was as good as anyone fishing wise but the thing I admired the most was how humble he was.

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 08:24 PM

BASS Photos Thread

Great set of photos and captions over on BASS website

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by avid_basser
You could easily see by this thread and the out pouring of support on the various other channels that Aaron made a significant impact on the world not just in fishing.

RIP to a Legend A-A-Ron

Facebook is lit up! And I get it, its bound to happen when a famous person passes....but read all the posts. All the posts seems like they are the anglers heart felt words versus the canned social media manager post for likes! I think it really is apparent that AMart had a big positive effect on the bass fishing community. I hope his family really knows that he really was one of the GOATs!

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/05/21 10:54 PM

Man, that sucks. RIP.
Posted By: dbell47

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/06/21 12:00 AM

angel2
Posted By: Bass-N-Buck Master

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/06/21 12:21 AM

RIP my drop shot friend, prayers to his family and friends. I've talked to him several times about drop shotting and he help me alot.You will be missed by the whole fishing community.
angel2
With a tear in my eye!
Posted By: prosise

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/06/21 12:38 AM

God Bless him for the passion that he had for his family, and fishing..

Knock on wood..

Prayers for his family

Prosise
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/06/21 12:38 AM

angel2
Posted By: R&K

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/06/21 04:35 AM

RIP

My favorite pro. Could watch and listen to him fish all day.

Go rest high AMART
Posted By: Dan21XRS

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/06/21 02:00 PM

RIP... Dan
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/06/21 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by bockscar
Originally Posted by avid_basser

RIP to a Legend A-A-Ron

Facebook is lit up! And I get it, its bound to happen when a famous person passes....but read all the posts. All the posts seems like they are the anglers heart felt words versus the canned social media manager post for likes! I think it really is apparent that AMart had a big positive effect on the bass fishing community. I hope his family really knows that he really was one of the GOATs!

Man, it’s inspiring to read so many of his fellow competitors posts and how he has positively impacted them in fishing and in life.
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/07/21 12:07 AM

Prayers for the family. Good Man. Great Fisherman. He will be missed.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/07/21 12:14 AM

My favorite fisherman to watch and listen to. I was always exited to watch a tournament where he was in contention knowing he would be covered. One of my favorites was the Havasu tournament where he was on the black bird pattern. RIP sir!
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/07/21 04:53 PM

Prayer for the family
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Aaron Martens - 11/07/21 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
My favorite fisherman to watch and listen to. I was always exited to watch a tournament where he was in contention knowing he would be covered. One of my favorites was the Havasu tournament where he was on the black bird pattern. RIP sir!

The blackbird pattern was fun to watch.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum