Texas Fishing Forum

US Open no weighin covid rules?

Posted By: SC-001

US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/12/21 11:11 PM

Wow just tuned into facebook and they are weighing in on the water, did the covid rules out west prevent them from having a traditional weigh in???
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/13/21 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by SC-001
Wow just tuned into facebook and they are weighing in on the water, did the covid rules out west prevent them from having a traditional weigh in???

I know the WSOP is a vaccine required event and it is going on right now in Nevada as well...

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/13/21 01:41 AM

IDK didn't find an answer anywhere on their site or facebook page, weigh in just wrapped up and Rusty Salewske leads with just under 12 lbs, not sure what any of the bigger names had but they're not in the top ten, final day tomorrow. Side note watching some of the events facebook vids sounds like Aaron Martens really needs our prayers, he is a 3 time winner of this event [Linked Image]
Posted By: Barrett

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/13/21 03:04 PM

The entire US open thing is a CLUSTER. We will don't know what days are official practice days etc etc. Last I heard someone messaged them and the person on the chat said Monday and Tuesday are official practice days then the tournament is Friday-Sunday. I don't know what the hell we are suppose to do for the other two days. You can tell they really through this thing together.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/13/21 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Barrett
The entire US open thing is a CLUSTER. We will don't know what days are official practice days etc etc. Last I heard someone messaged them and the person on the chat said Monday and Tuesday are official practice days then the tournament is Friday-Sunday. I don't know what the hell we are suppose to do for the other two days. You can tell they really through this thing together.

Are you talking about the bass pro not so open or the tournament going on at lake mead, the US Open?
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/13/21 03:27 PM

Yup 2 different events, US Open on Mead is what the OP is referring to
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/13/21 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by Chris B
Originally Posted by Barrett

Are you talking about the bass pro not so open or the tournament going on at lake mead, the US Open?

I think he is talking about the Johnny Morris one,the real US Open always takes place Monday to Wednesday.
Posted By: TX Bass Ninja

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/13/21 03:51 PM

So the "real" U.S. Open put on by WON Bass that is currently being held at Lake Mead was forced to alter their weigh in due to the extremely low lake level of Mead. There is literally only 1 actual ramp available for them to use. So to make it as efficient as possible and still be able to have the event they are holding an on the water weigh in. My hats off to the TD Billy Egan for working through a ton of logistics to be able to continue to hold one of the more prestigious events in the sport.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/13/21 03:54 PM

Yea Im sorry. Im talking about the US open hosted by Johnny Morris. Sorry guys I don't follow professional fishing very much. My bad for the confusion.

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/13/21 04:43 PM

Wow that lake is low, I guess BTL isn't there to do midday and evening wrapup reports anymore frown
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/13/21 05:56 PM

When I lived in Vegas, it was a cool event to watch. It's a challenging lake. I always wanted to fish the open. It would be an entirely new lake now. I had some good areas that are way dry at the moment.
Posted By: Creekhead

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/13/21 06:01 PM

Regarding the Johnny Morris Open. I sent a message to Bass Pro and the responded that an email would come out shortly with all the rules and official practice periods. If I hear from them I will post it
Posted By: Monty Wright

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/14/21 02:33 AM

Best I can tell, Roy Hawk won. That’s going off comments on their live feed on Facebook.

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/14/21 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Monty Wright
Best I can tell, Roy Hawk won. That’s going off comments on their live feed on Facebook.

Congrats to Roy Hawk, and prayers to Aaron Martens after watching the award ceremony on Facebook
Posted By: T Bird

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/14/21 12:53 PM

Congratulations Roy, nice win!

Roy's day 3 AAA partner David Shearrer weighed the heaviest bags of the entire tournament at 23.43 lbs. and won the AAA division.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/14/21 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by T Bird

Roy's day 3 AAA partner David Shearrer weighed the heaviest bags of the entire tournament at 23.43 lbs. and won the AAA division.

I think its a shared weight event.

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/14/21 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mark Perry

Yes it is, then each day is totaled to determine winners in each class. The AAA's combined weight over this 2 day tournament actually weighed more than Roy's 2 day combined weight.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/14/21 01:56 PM

Yes it is, then each day is totaled to determine winners in each class. The AAA's combined weight over this 2 day tournament actually weighed more than Roy's 2 day combined weight.

My luck I would only draw pros that were not on fish..... roflmao

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/14/21 06:20 PM

My luck I would only draw pros that were not on fish..... roflmao

Been my experience. roflmao

Re: US Open no weighin covid rules? - 10/15/21 02:03 AM

With the shared weight format seem the co-angler often weighs the heaviest combined weight of the event, I know it happened a few years ago too.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum