Texas Fishing Forum

Automatic deploy trolling motor to buy?

Posted By: DCott

Automatic deploy trolling motor to buy? - 10/09/21 12:21 PM

I’m looking to buy an automatic deploy trolling motor for my dad who’s lost most of his mobility. Does anyone have an Ulterra or any other sort of automatic deploy trolling motor they would like to sell?
Posted By: dk2429

Re: Automatic deploy trolling motor to buy? - 10/09/21 11:52 PM

Terrova

Ulterra is a pos
Posted By: Mark Wendler

Re: Automatic deploy trolling motor to buy? - 10/10/21 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by dk2429
Ulterra is a pos

I've been using an Ulterra since they came out. I haven't had any issues out of mine.
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Automatic deploy trolling motor to buy? - 10/10/21 10:31 AM

Only auto deploy TM on the market is the Ulterra. Had one for a year before I sold the boat. Used 2-3x a week and never an issue.
Posted By: Collindave

Re: Automatic deploy trolling motor to buy? - 10/10/21 11:20 AM

I have a 36v that I would like to sell. less than a year old; came on a 2 year old rt188 I just bought.
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Automatic deploy trolling motor to buy? - 10/10/21 11:32 AM

Got to treat the Ulterra right. Abuse it and you will have issues. You can’t deploy it and have it ram into the the bottom.
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Automatic deploy trolling motor to buy? - 10/10/21 05:33 PM

get him the ulterra and he will thank you, maybe with a steak dinner?
Posted By: Greg W

Re: Automatic deploy trolling motor to buy? - 10/10/21 05:45 PM

Have an Ulterra. Main motherboard went out in year 2. It was 2 weeks past the warranty, but MinnKota covered it anyways. Thought that was pretty sweet. What I really like is that I can raise and lower the TM easily so if you need to get in skinny water to get a lure or something it's easy to do and easy on the back. Other issue is if the TM batteries start to go, weird stuff happens. Mine would just spin. So you need to know the manual store procedures just in case. Got new batteries and everything was fine.
© 2022 Texas Fishing Forum