Broken Bow

Posted By: The Tacklesmith

Broken Bow - 10/07/21 09:34 PM

Leaving in the morning for Broken Bow.
Anyone been lately?

Any and all help appreciated.
Posted By: fish_n_dude

Re: Broken Bow - 10/07/21 10:04 PM

I was there 3 weeks ago. The top water bite was really good. The key was to look for surface activity in the middle of coves. I thought it was a fluke type deal that I found schooling fish, but I repeated that 3 days in a row. Narrow coves that were pretty deep, with timber lining the banks to about 20-30yrds out. I had boats driving through them at full speed and they would still come back and school for couple hours. When I would try other areas, if I didn’t notice any surface action, I would move spots. Just kept moving till I found splashing. The bait was really a key thing as well. They were eating this years shad hatch. The shad were suuupper small. I threw every kind of lure you would think would do well in a “schooling mode”, and they would only eat one type of bait in my whole boat. A clear or shad color top water walking bait. They couldn’t stand that walking action, lit a fire underneath them! Most of the fish were 1- 1.5 pounds, but I did find several schools of 2-3 pounders within those smaller fish. I stopped by around 11ish each day, and I stopped counting after the first day. I did catch fish using an under spin with a 3 inch kitech on it, drop shot and shakey head as well ( when the schooling stopped). I hope they are still on a similar pattern, but with this cooler weather it may be different. Hope it helps a little, and good luck!
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Broken Bow - 10/07/21 10:55 PM

Watching this. Recommendations of places to stay not far from the lake would help me.
Posted By: BNKrust

Re: Broken Bow - 10/08/21 02:50 AM

Don't tell him anything...
Posted By: ReelSlow

Re: Broken Bow - 10/08/21 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie
Watching this. Recommendations of places to stay not far from the lake would help me.

Look online for cabins on the West side of the lake, they are everywhere. I did not notice any hotels , but there may be some.
Posted By: SoonerDG

Re: Broken Bow - 10/08/21 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by spacejunkie

There are a couple of motels in Broken Bow (15 min) and more in Idabel (30 min). Can't vouch for the security as I've never stayed with a boat. There's also the state park lodge that's right on the lake. And like someone else said there are roughly 2000 cabins available in the area.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Broken Bow - 10/09/21 12:32 AM

Lodge on the lake is perfect and a ramp right by it but it’s closed. [Linked Image]
Posted By: The Tacklesmith

Re: Broken Bow - 10/09/21 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by BNKrust
Don't tell him anything...

Don't listen to him .
He can't fish .
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum