Texas Fishing Forum

Ike qualified for MLF Pro Circuit via Norther Toyotas too

Posted By: SC-001

Ike qualified for MLF Pro Circuit via Norther Toyotas too - 09/22/21 03:11 AM

Just saw this, they take top 5 from each Toyota division, if you take out those already fishing BPT or Pro Circuit he is 4th https://majorleaguefishing.com/circuits/series/standings/?y=2021&d=25&g=1
Wonder if he fishes both like John Cox did, I know he said if he qualified for either he would strongly consider fishing Tour level again next year. A big plus there are no overlapping dates between BASS Elite and MLF Pro Circuit next year, Elite and BPT on the other hand rolleyes
Posted By: BrockstaRama

Re: Ike qualified for MLF Pro Circuit via Norther Toyotas too - 09/22/21 12:30 PM

Cox said in Bassmaster mag he probably won't do it again. It was an interesting thing to attempt. I don't think Ike has the patience or personally to do both. How did qualify for the Elites? Wasn't he already on the MLF major circuit and didn't do much. At Conroe a few years ago he was crying about retiring on bassmaster live. I dunno what his deal is.
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Ike qualified for MLF Pro Circuit via Norther Toyotas too - 09/22/21 12:37 PM

He pulled up next to me at TTBC several years ago and chatted it up. Nice guy!
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Ike qualified for MLF Pro Circuit via Norther Toyotas too - 09/22/21 12:57 PM

But did he also qualify for the NPFL?
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Ike qualified for MLF Pro Circuit via Norther Toyotas too - 09/22/21 02:06 PM

With his angling ability, Ike has definitely created some off-season click bait drama for himself and his Ike Live Show. The man can fish for sure, respect.
Posted By: Lone_Wolf

Re: Ike qualified for MLF Pro Circuit via Norther Toyotas too - 09/22/21 11:18 PM

Mad props to him for doing that and the Elite qualification after sitting out MLF this year. Its obvious there are some guys out there that are a cut above the rest, look at Scott Martins crew from last year, while mathmatically still in it I don't think any of them qualify for the elites again this year and a few have called that quits like Latimer and Castledine, maybe Hallman too. I think if Ike's TV show gets renewed for further seasons he might not fish either Tour and just do the norther opens and toyotas for the competitive itch, I think the TV show is whats really important to him.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Ike qualified for MLF Pro Circuit via Norther Toyotas too - 09/23/21 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Mad props to him for doing that and the Elite qualification after sitting out MLF this year. Its obvious there are some guys out there that are a cut above the rest, look at Scott Martins crew from last year, while mathmatically still in it I don't think any of them qualify for the elites again this year and a few have called that quits like Latimer and Castledine, maybe Hallman too. I think if Ike's TV show gets renewed for further seasons he might not fish either Tour and just do the norther opens and toyotas for the competitive itch, I think the TV show is whats really important to him.

Hallman did not quit the Opens altogether. He just pulled out of the two other than Central as he feels pitting his time towards that event is his best shot this year. Castleton dropped out to win AOY in Toyota but I think will be back in the Opens next year. They talk about it on a Hallman video from a day or two ago.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum