Texas Fishing Forum

Smallmouth texoma

Posted By: fishrdude

Smallmouth texoma - 09/19/21 01:49 AM

We are moving to texoma on a week and I am looking forward to catching some smallies. We will be on the Oklahoma side in Kingston. For you folks who fish for smallies what are some of your go too lures? Appreciate any info. Thanks!
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Smallmouth texoma - 09/19/21 01:32 PM

Target clearer water and rock.
Windy—Smaller 6-12 foot diving crankbaits in any chartreuse color. Small jerkbaits, small 3.8 inch swimbaits with an underspin. 1/2oz lipless
Not windy—Drop shot with a 4-5 inch finesse worm or dropshot worm. 1/6oz ball head with small craw.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: Smallmouth texoma - 09/19/21 01:41 PM

Start down the dam in late-April with a crawfish pattern squarebill fished fast in 5-8'

Hang On!!
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: Smallmouth texoma - 09/19/21 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Target clearer water and rock.
Windy—Smaller 6-12 foot diving crankbaits in any chartreuse color. Small jerkbaits, small 3.8 inch swimbaits with an underspin. 1/2oz lipless
Not windy—Drop shot with a 4-5 inch finesse work or dropshot worm. 1/6oz ball head with small craw.

This is good info for you
Posted By: hopalong

Re: Smallmouth texoma - 09/19/21 05:55 PM

had a place in buncombe creek for a few yrs.

straight across in big mineral, start on the riprap at the mouth with redeye shad natural shad and fish parallel to the rocks best ya can, jerkbaits, spinners, chatterbait slow rolled.

all the lures cctx posted are good, for smallies I much prefer redeye shad and square bills on points and rocks. chompers have always done well for me there too, chart/pepper, green pumpkin/black flake fished on a small stand up head jig.

this time of yr. I would hit main lake points and secondary points just off the main lake, main lake by soldier creek you will see some huge rocks at the edge of the lake, biggest smallie I caught in texoma came from there, was in the 5-6 # range.

hit eufaula too, some excellent smallies in it and not all that far from kingston, launch in eufaula cove or by the dam and fish just east of the chute with red eye shad. last one I boated there was over 4#
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Smallmouth texoma - 09/19/21 08:26 PM

Carolina rig flukes, don't be afraid to throw it up in 2ft on points
Posted By: fishrdude

Re: Smallmouth texoma - 09/19/21 11:17 PM

Thanks for all the tips. Looking forward to trying them out!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum